Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
The combat is more engaging and there are many good characters.. The story is decent but the thing is very much like a shounen anime because that's the vibe Takahashi wanted so it has those elements, and can be lighthearted at times... It's a lot more bombastic than the first one and the villains are cool. I don't think the whole game is better than the first, but I think they are too different to really compare directly. Some things XB1 does better and some things XB2 does better, they also have different vibes so it's hard to say.. Having just replayed Xenoblade DE I can say the combat is far far better in 2, every chapter adds to a mechanic to the battle system and you start to have to think about synergies and other things. I also prefer muh sci-fi and XB2 feels more like a Xeno game to me in that regard (also KOS-MOS and T-ELOS are in it) and the DLC lets you play as shulk, elma and fiora so for a xenofag like me it's great lol also the expansion (torna the golden country) is really good and has different mechanics than the main game.

Unwanted
Dumbfuck
Amazing game, put 400hs into it, 1/4 with only the main story, huge amount of really fun content.Endgame combat feels more like an action rpg, chaining attacks at the exact moment etc.

Perkel

Arcane
Playing it atm via Ryujinx emulator. Definitely feels like sequel to XC rather than XCX which i didn't like much due to various fucked up lack of QOL and other small issues that makes game unplayable for me.

5 hours in

Way more animations, like the cast so far. Feels targeted for a bit younger audience but not that much compared to original. Artstyle is really excellent this time there is nothing horryfying like in XCX and there are already at start a lot of nice looking vistas. Music after XCX trash is back in full force, atm it feels too similar to XC1 soundtrack but i am yet to hear most of tracks and XC1 soundtrack itself grew on me to be one of best soundtracks in gaming rather than taking me from start. Combat system seems like improvement over XC1 and i can see some depth in it.

cruel

Cipher
I dropped the game after 11 hours / chapter 3. Couldn't stand the childish tone, annoying protagonist, cacophony of noises during combat, and all the QoL degradation that makes me annoyed.

Maybe will be back some day :( But for now, amazing disappointment compared to first Xenoblade.

Reinhardt

Arcane
so i'm in chapter 5 and only now learned that dlcs are not just free shit to avoid, but also quests and challenge mode...

Reinhardt

Arcane
game: "we need to stop the war!"
me: "final party member joined. good, time to clear my 3+ pages of side quests."

replaced rex with zeke. nigga right from the start can do 5-digits damage and don't need to even run around enemies for positioning.

still blade gacha is probably dumbest thing i've ever encountered in single-player games. will probably just redeem bunch of overdrives from dlcs and transfer blades around.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom