Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The future of Role-Playing Games

Gahbreeil

Learned
CSFTogP.jpg

Zer0wing

Cipher
Good luck creating an AAA title without a professional writer's help.
The script in modern games is written on a toilet paper inbetween lunch breaks while programmers and artists can't have such luxury to cut corners.

Keyboard Vomit

The future of RPG games is full sensory VR, I read that in a doujinshi comic.

Morblot

Aberrant Member | Star Trek V Apologist
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
"Topic: do you like me"

:prosper:

What sort of game was this again?

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
This thread is an absolute classic and once Gahbreeil has the inevitable meltdown and flounces off in a huff, this should join the stickied threads in Retardo Land.

I can't believe no-one's asked why it's called 'Dridelk' when according to the goldmine that is the 'design document on page 7', the setting is 'the world of Asarlai, continent of Archaeos.' Mind you, the same document also says it's set on the 'world of Dridelk... on the continent of Vyrgeas' so guess it's some Riftwar shit where the player will be able to switch back and forth between two worlds when he's mastered the power, (which will presumably by based on a skill from zero power to fully powered.) After all, we just need a couple of programmer grunts to make one world, why not hire a few more and make 2?!

This is the most amusing and high-effort troll we've had in a long, long time.

Gahbreeil

Learned
Sounds a bit like The Guild
Only a bit. It has a far greater scope and is much different.
So how is this any more revolutionary than anything else we’ve seen in a game before?
It's definitely more revolutionary that the dialogues in Mass Effect or The Elder Scrolls.
What sort of game was this again?
Survival Simulation. Do you like me and I like you are placeholders for the list of dialogue lines that fit into the general trend of both. It's easy.
I can't believe no-one's asked why it's called 'Dridelk' when according to the goldmine that is the 'design document on page 7', the setting is 'the world of Asarlai, continent of Archaeos.' Mind you, the same document also says it's set on the 'world of Dridelk... on the continent of Vyrgeas' so guess it's some Riftwar shit where the player will be able to switch back and forth between two worlds when he's mastered the power, (which will presumably by based on a skill from zero power to fully powered.) After all, we just need a couple of programmer grunts to make one world, why not hire a few more and make 2?!
Woe to you as you do not read a thread full and expect to understand everything about a document that has since updated on the very same page. What's wrong with a skill that goes from oh or zero to three hundred?

agris

Arcane
Patron
Are you saying that, on a scale from unknowledged to fully knowledged, Shackleton is more on the unknowledged end of the spectrum?

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Why the need to nbame the world? Did we give a name to our universe, in case we just live in the fiction of another universe?

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Are you saying that, on a scale from unknowledged to fully knowledged, Shackleton is more on the unknowledged end of the spectrum?

My observation skill must be around 63/300, to not see that page 7 contained not 1, but 2 design documents! How can a single page of a thread contain so much awesome?!

I need to level it up more by looking at more stuff, clearly.

Gahbreeil

Learned
He seems to have a basic understanding of the skill, meaning he has done some understanding in his life. Up to a hundred. Yet he overlooked a file meaning his observation skill is quite poor.
Why the need to nbame the world? Did we give a name to our universe, in case we just live in the fiction of another universe?
The sorcerers study the world and so they name it. The universe is a scientific name for the entire world, known and not. It's not the same as the word world.
My observation skill must be around 63/300, to not see that page 7 contained not 1, but 2 design documents! How can a single page of a thread contain so much awesome?! I need to level it up more by looking at more stuff, clearly.
Less than that. You are as proficient in observing as a person who has done it once or twice yet does not really understand the essence of it. One needs to observe with eagle eyes not only what can be seen yet what can be grasped as well. It is simultaneous in it's use together with understanding.

Gahbreeil

Learned
I am sorry for the double post, the last one as we can call the thread a dead one. I just wanted to point out I can try to start a new thread with the design document fully upgraded with the help of all of you codexians on the original post so that the discussion can be steered in a different way. I'm designing a logo right now to add into the document and maybe then we can all discuss on topic.
:timcain:

Vatnik Wumao
I am sorry for the double post, the last one as we can call the thread a dead one. I just wanted to point out I can try to start a new thread with the design document fully upgraded with the help of all of you codexians on the original post so that the discussion can be steered in a different way. I'm designing a logo right now to add into the document and maybe then we can all discuss on topic.
:timcain:
Go for it, tiger.

Gahbreeil

Learned
2NY2d24.jpg

The studio has a logo! Besides that, I'm still waiting for any criticisms or advice regarding the project. No one seems interested even though I know the idea to be a good one and the thread is about the future of RPGs so why not discuss where a game should be at?

Last edited:

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
It would include eight options of proceeding within dialogue: People, Lore, Directions, Work, Friendship, Romance, Trade and Grouping.

I read it as "Groping" the first time I skimmed through the OP lmao.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom