Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Nioh 2

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah I'm already dreading the DLCs. In N1 the difficulty spike from the vanilla was piercing my rectum so hard. I had to clear the entire NG+ before I could survive.

And seeing how much more difficult N2 is compared to N1....goddamn. I p. much blew through base N1, first or second tried most bosses, but from the 3rd region of N2 I'm struggling with bosses a lot, never going under 10 attempts. That fucking cat lady on wheels was seriously trying my patience, goddamn that boss.

Suicidal

Arcane
Yeah I'm already dreading the DLCs. In N1 the difficulty spike from the vanilla was piercing my rectum so hard. I had to clear the entire NG+ before I could survive.

And seeing how much more difficult N2 is compared to N1....goddamn. I p. much blew through base N1, first or second tried most bosses, but from the 3rd region of N2 I'm struggling with bosses a lot, never going under 10 attempts. That fucking cat lady on wheels was seriously trying my patience, goddamn that boss.

I just finished the second DLC.

From my experience the DLCs are not much harder than the main game so far. As I mentioned before, they actually balanced them for people going through the game on normal and not NG +3 or whatever.

Suicidal

Arcane
The only human boss I said "fuck it, I'm too old for this shit" and went onto the last DLC is Ren Hayabusa.
Seriously, fuck that guy.
But I know I'll come back to him after finishing the First Samurai :dealwithit:

I actually second tried this boss because by sheer fucking coincidence I somehow managed to ram into him by jumping on my spear every time he did his jump and lunge forward attack, which knocked him out of the air into prone position for a free finisher.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
That fucking cat lady on wheels was seriously trying my patience, goddamn that boss.
Wait, KASHA?! She's a useless pushover, on par with Joro-Gumo in Nioh 1. All her attacks can be avoided by simply dodging being her, and every time you have a giant window to punish her with any skill you want. I think the only attacks you can punish by dodging through her are the one where she draws a circle on the ground (you just need to stand still) and the one where she runs towards you (you just need to dodge left or right).

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
That fucking cat lady on wheels was seriously trying my patience, goddamn that boss.
Wait, KASHA?! She's a useless pushover, on par with Joro-Gumo in Nioh 1.

Yeah, I found her to be disappointingly weak for the cool way she looks.
NJClaw had even accused me of being overleveled for her, haha.
But I've fought her in 2 other missions since then, with suggested level above mine, and poor Kasha was still hitting like a pussy she is.

It's really curious how different builds and playstyles affect perception of the bosses.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

But I've fought her in 2 other missions since then, with suggested level above mine, and poor Kasha was still hitting like a pussy she is.

It's really curious how different builds and playstyles affect perception of the bosses.

I've tried dodging behind her a few times but couldn't pull it so assumed it's not a thing. Probably because of my heavy, yellow equip build. Anyway she wasn't as horrible for me as the cat or Saika, needed about 10 runs at her.

Anyway, just beat Ryomen Sukuna, I loved that fight. Best boss so far, perfect difficulty for me, smashed at the 5th try.

Also what do ya'll think about this ranking, is it real or BS?
https://www.thegamer.com/nioh-2-bosses-ranked-easiest-difficult/

I mean Yatsu, Enrera and Magara in the Top 5? I beat all of those in under 5 tries and I'm an average scrub. For me Saika was by far the worst so far, the only boss I couldn't solo.

Self-Ejected

Alphard

Self-Ejected
Just fight Gyuku. Very fun boss. Someone spoiled that there is umi bozu in this game and i tought after the fake boss there would be him, instead i found this monstrosity. First try i got immefiately oneshotted by water laser, same second try. Third try i was doing good and got how to fight him by staying behind him and spamming the rotating blade skill of switchglaive but was too greedy and got stomped to death. 4Th try i discovered the weakness on legs and did a lot of damage with yokai form and won eventually.
so far i'm enjoying yokai bosses much more than humanoid ones, partly because the latter are too easy ( except Toshimitsu awesome fight <3) , partly because it feels like they are missing half of their movesets. It is me or human bosses have much fewer moves that constantly spam and so are super easy to read?
i don't remember this was the case in N1 where human bosses were almost as human players in versatility and number of moves.
another thing i noticed is how feral and ghost counter are op and trivialize almost all red attack. If you misstime ghost parry counter you still block ala sekiro, if you misstime feral counter a lot of times you still avoid the attack. Brutal is the only one wich is situational and balanced.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Made it to DotW, lovely orange gear and higher stat cap at last. Bit disappointed there's not loads of revenants with orange gear near the shrine in village of cursed blossoms, but can't expect it every time.

Gozuki went down as easy as ever, really hoping the challenge will step up a bit here. Was surprised Otakemaru in the last mission was a doddle as well, did him first time although game said I was way underleveled. Game is still very addictive and fun, even after 110+ hours. Think it'll overtake Nioh 1 in my 'hours played' library.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture

I've tried dodging behind her a few times but couldn't pull it so assumed it's not a thing. Probably because of my heavy, yellow equip build. Anyway she wasn't as horrible for me as the cat or Saika, needed about 10 runs at her.

Anyway, just beat Ryomen Sukuna, I loved that fight. Best boss so far, perfect difficulty for me, smashed at the 5th try.

Also what do ya'll think about this ranking, is it real or BS?
https://www.thegamer.com/nioh-2-bosses-ranked-easiest-difficult/

I mean Yatsu, Enrera and Magara in the Top 5? I beat all of those in under 5 tries and I'm an average scrub. For me Saika was by far the worst so far, the only boss I couldn't solo.

I did struggle a bit with all of the top 3 the first time around. Naotaka in particular I remember dying way too many times. Part of the fun of Nioh though is how difficulty can change so much depending on your build. It's already been said in this thread, but your weapon choice can massively impact how difficult you'll find some bosses.

Putting Kasha in but not Shibata Katsuie does seem a bit 'WTF' tho lol.

cruel

Cipher
I think that second Magara Naotaka fight was nerfed at some point - initially he was joined by a revenant, which made this fight much harder.

Hardest bosses for me were probably (starting from the hardest):
1. Shibata Katsuie
2. Minamoto no Yoshitsune (DLC)
3. Yatsu no Kami (absolutely brutal fight for dual sword user IMO, much easier with Odachi though)
4. Otakemaru
5. Tsuchigumo (DLC)

Edit: All this discussion about bosses reminds me of Dunkey video, mainly this fragment:
https://youtu.be/d97XsNAvKAo?t=539

Wunderbar

Arcane
yeah, great boss fight. Not easy, doesn't have any bullshit moves, cool to fight. My favorite boss so far.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So Shibata Katsuie is a very fun fight except that bullshit grab attack which seems to be programmed to guaranteed get you now and then. It's very wide, homing, has a shorter windup than most grab attacks in the game and if you happen to be in a bad spot you're done. Plus it takes p. much all your HP.

Almost as if it's a way to pad out boss difficulty. Without that attack I'd have beaten this boss on my 2nd try, easily. With it I neede 8 tries bc he grab-killed me 7 fucking times. Bad Team Ninja, bad doggie!

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
So Shibata Katsuie is a very fun fight except that bullshit grab attack which seems to be programmed to guaranteed get you now and then. It's very wide, homing, has a shorter windup than most grab attacks in the game and if you happen to be in a bad spot you're done. Plus it takes p. much all your HP.

Almost as if it's a way to pad out boss difficulty. Without that attack I'd have beaten this boss on my 2nd try, easily. With it I neede 8 tries bc he grab-killed me 7 fucking times. Bad Team Ninja, bad doggie!
That's your punishment for not using a phantom spirit or the Uesugi clan. :positive:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
That's your punishment for not using a phantom spirit or the Uesugi clan. :positive:

Fuck, didn't occur to me. I was using phantom in the very first two missions but I couldn't time counters to save my life. It's so easy with a brute so I haven't even thought about changing.

Shackleton

Arcane
Patron
Not sure what everyone else's experiences are, but so far I've found DotW where the difficulty steps up significantly. I'm still early days in it, but Yoshimoto in Imagawa Diehard has kicked my ass several times whereas previously he's been my whipping boy through the early levels. I even called for a visitor for the first time against Enenra just because I was hitting like my weapon was a stick of wet celery. Definitely need to grind up a few levels and a bit of gear to make inroads into this difficulty.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yoshimoto in Imagawa Diehard has kicked my ass several times whereas previously he's been my whipping boy

Holy shit, Yoshimoto slapped you around? I'm on NG now and he's been the most hillarious "boss" so far.

Anyway I don't expect to go all the way to Wise. I've finished N1 halfway through Demon and I expect the same here.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Would anyone be interested in a coop btw? We could run through the two twilight missions, first mine, then yours. I'm about lvl 100 rn.

I'm home all day long, courtesy of corona, so if anyone is interested hit me bois.

Suicidal

Arcane
Just finished the first level of the third DLC and holy shit this has to be the prettiest level in the game. So colorful and pleasant to look at. It shows that Team Ninja can make beautiful looking maps if they wanted to so why the fuck would they have the majority of the game take place inside dark caves or random mansions. Also had some cool enemies (one of which might as well have been a boss, the only difference between it and a boss is that it doesn't have a lifebar at the bottom of the screen) and a really good and challenging end boss, which I would put in my top 3 in the entire game.

After the somewhat lackluster DLC 1, DLCs 2 and 3 have been awesome so far.

cruel

Cipher
Yes, Tate Eboshi is one of my favorite bosses in the game. Super aggressive, hits like a truck, has good music, but at the same time is not cheap in any way. Very good boss fight.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Wunderbar

Arcane
Would anyone be interested in a coop btw? We could run through the two twilight missions, first mine, then yours. I'm about lvl 100 rn.

I'm home all day long, courtesy of corona, so if anyone is interested hit me bois.
i found twilight missions to be easier than their non-twilight variants because you already know the layout and most of the encounters.

Reinhardt

Arcane
Crawled to Dream of the Nioh after all, but after grabbing few new items i'm just clearing every single mission on second difficulty with spear. Maybe after finishing it i will pick some other weapon again and do the same for third difficulty.
8,5k hp. Enemies barely scratching me. I can just enjoy the game now.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So Mausoleum of Evil is where Team Ninja finally matched FromSoft in their level-making craft. It took them almost 2 full games but they did it. Fantastic level, awesome vibe, great boss. Peak Nioh.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom