Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous Beta Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Parabalus

Arcane
By the way - I read a Discord chat with one of the developers, and apparently, EVERY path will have two routes. The explicitly given example was the Angel Path, which will be separated into the Angel of Mercy and Angel of Retribution routes.

Datamined dialogue has already indicated there will be a somewhat more "humane" Swarm Path, one where you're not a complete genocidal monster.

I'm much more curious about Paths like the Trickster or the Azata - I don't see much room for two divergent routes there.

Or Aeon - just success or failure?

I'd say one is a more benevolent version, and the other a pure lawtist. Or maybe Pure Aeon vs. Devil Path?

Do you have a text dump of the Aeon differences?

IIRC you mentioned here you dug into the options to see what changes.
Devil isn't implemented yet?

Serious_Business

Best Poster on the Codex
What if
I
Accidently
Hurt You

Shit is beautiful, isn't it. Burp. Alright, now time for intentional hurt. I see that the combat system is more sexual than the written romances, then

By the way - I read a Discord chat with one of the developers, and apparently, EVERY path will have two routes. The explicitly given example was the Angel Path, which will be separated into the Angel of Mercy and Angel of Retribution routes.

Datamined dialogue has already indicated there will be a somewhat more "humane" Swarm Path, one where you're not a complete genocidal monster.

I'm much more curious about Paths like the Trickster or the Azata - I don't see much room for two divergent routes there.
Humane? How humane can a seething pile of insects be?

Testownia

Humane? How humane can a seething pile of insects be?

There've been several conversations data-mined between a Swarm MC where he speaks "normally" - not "I'm going to eat/vore XYZ". One with Daeran even discussing with you how you won't be accepted by the "civilised" world. I assume those are conversations from the route where you retain some of your humanity at least.

I'm much more interested in the Trickster variations - the entire path is based on "lol-random" events as it is.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
So you are data mining all of this.
And then game journos will read it.
And then the Owlcat's Dream of SJW Compliance will be shattered.
And then the game will get boycotted.
And then the studio will be scattered to the four winds.
And thus the prophecy will be fulfilled.
"No more than 2 great RPG's in 20 years".

Testownia

So you are data mining all of this.
And then game journos will read it.
And then the Owlcat's Dream of SJW Compliance will be shattered.
And then the game will get boycotted.
And then the studio will be scattered to the four winds.
And thus the prophecy will be fulfilled.
"No more than 2 great RPG's in 20 years".

Do you think journalists and SJWs are reading forums outside of their bubbles? What bold delusions.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Poz journos love this stuff, Lann. Seriously did you fall asleep in 1982 and just now wake up?

Testownia

trickster can fucking destroy camelia's life

Care to elaborate?

The lie about her being haunted by a spirit? You make it a reality, and make it really haunt her. The lie about her needing to perform rituals? Also come true. And, to say it mildly, it freaks her out.

Generally, in many ways, the Aeon and Trickster paths are surprisingly similar. Both bend and warp reality according to their whims.

Aarwolf

Learned
The lie about her being haunted by a spirit? You make it a reality, and make it really haunt her. The lie about her needing to perform rituals? Also come true. And, to say it mildly, it freaks her out.

:yeah:

Nano

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Strap Yourselves In

Generally, in many ways, the Aeon and Trickster paths are surprisingly similar. Both bend and warp reality according to their whims.

It doesn't stop her romance though, right?

Testownia

I THINK that Camelia's romance is a dead-end for Aeon, since she grows increasingly scared of you, even if you don't want to actively judge her. Although, on the other hand, anyone who romances Camelia whilst not being Chaotic Evil is a total simp coomer, since she's arguably a person of pure, unadulterated evil, insanity, and debauchery.

LizardWizard

Cipher
It's a shame the first two chapters in this game is such a boring slog. All these mythic paths are are cool or whatever but the army garbage in ch2 is useless. Ch1 is basically click attack/move after your first playthrough. It's boring as all fuck

Honestly this is why BG2 was incline. You could autistically clear every quest or just rush the next chapter. Chapter 1/2 (just start me at lepers/lost chapel) begone needs to be a thing with this game because the shield maze and market square can fuck off

Parabalus

Arcane

I THINK that Camelia's romance is a dead-end for Aeon, since she grows increasingly scared of you, even if you don't want to actively judge her. Although, on the other hand, anyone who romances Camelia whilst not being Chaotic Evil is a total simp coomer, since she's arguably a person of pure, unadulterated evil, insanity, and debauchery.

Without actively judging her she never tells you that the spirit stuff is all a sham.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom