Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Vincente

Arbiter
Also gotta love V5's #1 Garry Stue - a Kwan negro former-slave-turned-Camarilla-superstar, Theo Bell, who launches a "surprise attack" on the leader of Camarilla and kills the 900-year-old master schemer whose combination of mental prowess and Disciplines make him both virtually omniscient and nigh-unkillable by anything short of a MOAB shoved up his ass by..... pulling a sawed-off shotgun while he wasn't looking and shooting him in the face with it. Fucking Tom 'n Jerry-tier shit.

Theo Bell always had a happy trigger finger, and a tendency to switch sides.

Gehenna: The Final Night said:
One moment, Hardestadt was opening the door to his private room, idly contemplating another trip to the nearest incarceration center. The next, pain lanced through his body as several bullets, launched with a hiss from a silenced forty-five, entered his gut. (...) His face a mask of fury and agony, Hardestadt looked up. He saw several individuals throughout the room, all armed with firearms and blades both. He focused on the one who stood directly before him, the one who had fired. His eyes widened as he stared up at a dark-skinned face above a heavy leather jacket. “I didn’t expect to see you around here again,” Hardestadt offered, his voice steady enough to belie his suffering. “What can I say?” Bell replied. “I’m unpredictable that way. Jenna Cross says hi, by the way. And bye.”

Of course Hardestadt was weakened due to Withering.

Semiurge

Cipher
transparent vials with red liquids (in fantasy) or boxes with red/green crosses (in modern settings) to replenish health
Healing potions, if they have a standard color, are blue.
BG potion of healing:
Potion-of-Healing-IPOTN0800001-Item-icon-BG1.png

NWN potion of heal:
Potion-of-heal.gif
Doom:
SMBSA0.png

PoP:
I9tU9mx.jpg

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Gehenna: The Final Night said:
One moment, Hardestadt was opening the door to his private room, idly contemplating another trip to the nearest incarceration center. The next, pain lanced through his body as several bullets, launched with a hiss from a silenced forty-five, entered his gut. (...) His face a mask of fury and agony, Hardestadt looked up. He saw several individuals throughout the room, all armed with firearms and blades both. He focused on the one who stood directly before him, the one who had fired. His eyes widened as he stared up at a dark-skinned face above a heavy leather jacket. “I didn’t expect to see you around here again,” Hardestadt offered, his voice steady enough to belie his suffering. “What can I say?” Bell replied. “I’m unpredictable that way. Jenna Cross says hi, by the way. And bye.”

Which is the only saving grace. But still not good enough.

Lambach

Arcane

Is the Withering cannon in V5? IIRC it only manifests during Gehenna, which clearly did not happen in that setting.

Regardless, unless it also severely lowers IQ, it's an amazing stretch to assume the guy who's been running the largest and most powerful Kindred sect from the shadows for centuries simply "did not expect".... well, anything, specially from someone who is basically just a glorified enforcer.

Lambach

Arcane
I am aware that it is not good enough, just sharing the fact that Theo betraying Camarilla wasn't something V5 invented.

I wasn't referring to that, tho, I was talking about how nu-WW had to have their Django moment and in order to make it work, they want us to completely disregard everything we know (and reasonably assume) about another established character. It's just godawful writing.

Vincente

Arbiter
I am aware that it is not good enough, just sharing the fact that Theo betraying Camarilla wasn't something V5 invented.

I wasn't referring to that, tho, I was talking about how nu-WW had to have their Django moment and in order to make it work, they want us to completely disregard everything we know (and reasonably assume) about another established character. It's just godawful writing.

Oh yeah I agree that V5 writing is awful, making Theo betray Camarilla because ''he had enough'' and kill Hardestadt & Pieterzoon, at least he had valid reasons in G:TFN.

Wesp5

Arcane
Oh yeah I agree that V5 writing is awful, making Theo betray Camarilla because ''he had enough'' and kill Hardestadt & Pieterzoon, at least he had valid reasons in G:TFN.

Wasn't the Gehenna novel also the bad fan fiction that made Smiling Jack behave completely out of character and let himself be killed? As far as I know it is not considered canon anymore as both Jack and Beckett are alive in Beckett's Jyhad Diary.

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
Also there are terrible ways to use vents:
Nu-Deus Exes
A: Oh I've seen a vent -> B: I just found the "stealth" path of the mission
Another version of awful:
A: There is a door here->B: Wait a minute, the vent entrance is right outside the door and the exit is right on the other side of the door, are they doing a prank with me?

Yeah, nuDX vents placement is obnoxious.

J1M

Arcane

These SJW types like to infiltrate IPs and make extensions of them so bad that the fans are happy to accept the idea of a reboot... which allows those same SJWs to not just ruin, but completely erase, the "problematic" things in popular fiction.

Caim

Arcane
Also gotta love V5's #1 Garry Stue - a Kwan negro former-slave-turned-Camarilla-superstar, Theo Bell, who launches a "surprise attack" on the leader of Camarilla and kills the 900-year-old master schemer whose combination of mental prowess and Disciplines make him both virtually omniscient and nigh-unkillable by anything short of a MOAB shoved up his ass by..... pulling a sawed-off shotgun while he wasn't looking and shooting him in the face with it. Fucking Tom 'n Jerry-tier shit. :lol:
Jesus Christ, I heard V5 was bad, but not this bad, they gone full vampire Django, guess that with all that time they spend deciding which pronoun is ok on twitter, they only had time left to steal be inspired from Tarantino.:lol: I guess they are on the Rian Johnson school of hack writing of giving characters the terminal stupidity flaw when it is convenient.
I still believe that Hardestadt faked his own Final Death for some reason.

Also, they like to self insert, lesbo vampire witches seems to describe the average feminist very well.
Oh it gets worse.

hV1DuON.png

If you're far up enough in the ranks of Carna's lesbian club house, having sex with ANYONE will make both them and you part of Carna's harem.

Eli_Havelock

Learned
Also gotta love V5's #1 Garry Stue - a Kwan negro former-slave-turned-Camarilla-superstar, Theo Bell, who launches a "surprise attack" on the leader of Camarilla and kills the 900-year-old master schemer whose combination of mental prowess and Disciplines make him both virtually omniscient and nigh-unkillable by anything short of a MOAB shoved up his ass by..... pulling a sawed-off shotgun while he wasn't looking and shooting him in the face with it. Fucking Tom 'n Jerry-tier shit. :lol:
Jesus Christ, I heard V5 was bad, but not this bad, they gone full vampire Django, guess that with all that time they spend deciding which pronoun is ok on twitter, they only had time left to steal be inspired from Tarantino.:lol: I guess they are on the Rian Johnson school of hack writing of giving characters the terminal stupidity flaw when it is convenient.
I still believe that Hardestadt faked his own Final Death for some reason.

Also, they like to self insert, lesbo vampire witches seems to describe the average feminist very well.
Oh it gets worse.

hV1DuON.png

If you're far up enough in the ranks of Carna's lesbian club house, having sex with ANYONE will make both them and you part of Carna's harem.

Could be worse. Could be a rock named Geode talking about Jedi sex aboard the starship Vessel. Multi-billion dollar franchise! Paradox clearly couldn't afford that kind of talent.

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
hV1DuON.png

Wl5cuyq.png

Doesnt say if he has cockteeth... or a toothy tentacle...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom