Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Jews jewing again

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
I think this deserves to be brought before the general public as part of our transparency efforts here at RPG Codex. From the shoutbox:

Saint_Proverbius:
That's odd. I posted two news things and they're not on the front page anymore.

Roguey:
I don't see any threads at all

Infinitron:
they're deleted, you'd have to be a moderator to see them

Infinitron:
and yes, don't post popamoles on the front page lol

Roguey:
lol

Roguey:
Whcih molepoppers were they about

Haba
grabs popcorn

Infinitron:
D&D Dark Alliance and something called "Karma - Chapter One"

18252:
are you fucking serious

18252:
only corporate sanctioned news posts are allowed

Darth Roxor:
popamole poasted by the jew = kosher

Darth Roxor:
popamole poasted by others = not kosher

Roguey:
The new DA is notable for how cringe the trailer was, Karma looks like dozens of other shovelware

Infinitron:
Hey, I've never deleted any of your posts

Darth Roxor:
"Dark Alliance, a new D&D co-op ARPG that lets you fight alongside your friends to conquer unstoppable monsters."

Darth Roxor:
sounds more rpg than most of the shit that ends up on the frontpage these days

Darth Roxor:
at least it has D&D in the title

Saint_Proverbius:
How is that Popamole?

Saint_Proverbius:
There's news about the original Dark Alliance way back when, mainly for shits and giggles.

Haba:
I miss old skool newsposts that made fun of crappy games

Roguey:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lAw1791hK4 lol the new trailer is also something

Saint_Proverbius:
The other game looks like ass, but there's always a point.

Darth Roxor:
you dont understand saint, nowadays the frontpage is dedicated to development updates for obsidian hits such as outer worlds

Roguey:
Like a time machine back to the 00s

Hobo Elf:
outer worlds is 50% off, AGAIN

Saint_Proverbius:
Like pointing out that most developers don't bother posting anything mechanics wise in their screenshots like they used to.

Hobo Elf:
outer worlds is such a success story that it's permanently 50% off

Darth Roxor:
also kickstarter updates devoid of any actual info

Darth Roxor:
for whatever shitgame that is currently popular

Infinitron:
it'll be discounted today because the new expansion is coming out

Saint_Proverbius:
It's 50% off for two weeks every other week.

Hobo Elf:
good excuse, infini, but TOW is always 50% off regardless of the the reason.

Infinitron:
I think most Codex newsposts recently have been of the format "random indie isometric tactical RPG announced", "random indie isometric tactical RPG released on Early Access", etc

Darth Roxor:
random baldurs gate community update

Darth Roxor:
random kangmaker community update

Axeman:
Infinitron why you never post NEWS from Cleve Blakemore?

Hobo Elf:
Jimmy Wales asking for 100 buck donations for a USB stick

Darth Roxor:
random outer worlds community update

Axeman:
every Cleve's fart should be a newspost

Infinitron:
the last outer worlds news before the most recent one was in october

Achiman:
no one gives a fuck about outer worlds - sincerely everyone.

Axeman:
Infinitron is very corrupted

Infinitron:
Well I guess the final news about it will be today

Saint_Proverbius:
Outer Worlds news is news.

Saint_Proverbius:
He's right for posting it.

Achiman:
maybe, but taking a shit is more interesting and creative

rusty_shackleford:
Need news posts about outer worlds upcoming news.

Saint_Proverbius:
If you don't like the game or the news, there's the comment section for that.

Achiman:
yeah. called shoutbox
Saint_Proverbius:
However, what I posted today, regardless of your fucking opinion, was also news.

Hobo Elf:
raise your hands if you played TOW

Hobo Elf:
even 1 min

Achiman:
worse.. i finished it

rusty_shackleford:
What did sp post?

Darth Roxor:
D&D dark alliance

Darth Roxor:
it was deemed haram

Saint_Proverbius:
Dark Alliance release date and some new, horrid looking action RPG from some Danish IT company.

Gamma:
Bubbles was cooler than infinitron

Hobo Elf:
no one talks about it, and if they do it's never to say anything good about it

rusty_shackleford:
Infini is upset that sp is muscling in on his territory.

Saint_Proverbius:
I'm not muscling in. All I did was post two news items.

Infinitron:
Anyway I never actually bought TOW, rented on Game Pass and then got a free Steam key (including the first DLC) for some reason

rusty_shackleford:
"then got a free steam key" AH HA HE ADMITS IT

Saint_Proverbius:
Spiffing Brit has some videos on the steam key thing that gives people the game for next to nothing.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
If no popamole is allowed on the front page, why do we keep getting news posts about Obsidian shit no one cares about?

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Phew, for a minute there the RPG Codex was in danger of squandering its reputation as a serious and well-regarded RPG gaming magazine. Thank God Infinitron was there to avert the danger.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Indie RPG news are certainly more interesting than Outer Worlds updates, especially since we already know it is crap.

And I agree, how about a newspost about Cleve's upcoming games. He already posted some nice screenshots in his subforum.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
The closer you get to being Codex staff, the more Crispy you get?

hrcFHtD8GL-8.png

Corvinus

Arcane
Saint_Proverbius : For all his hard work I say that the despicably sleazy caricature Infinitron Dragon should get a parachute with an anvil in it as he's KICKED OFF THE PLANE RPG CODEX! Keeping up this charade with "totally honest, unbiased PAID game news" goes against all that the Codex ever was. Just have a look at the reception of this, a typical SPAMEM news article. Oh, felipepepe the honourary pharisee should get the axe as well, while you're at it. He's best friends with the former and has been rigging the Codex GOTY polls for years. Openly too, as I'm sure others can attest.

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
Infinitron trying to act like a "serious" newsposter is laughable. RPGcodex news have become even more boring than RPGWatch.

I guess that crappy Werewolf action game wasn't popamole and was more "RPG" than whatever shit proverbius tried to post.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Phew, for a minute there the RPG Codex was in danger of squandering its reputation as a serious and well-regarded RPG gaming magazine. Thank God Infinitron was there to avert the danger.

Keep in mind, Infinitron was here keeping the lights on and running while I wasn't around. For that, even though not everyone likes everything he's done, he deserves props.

Dark Alliance might be worth minor rubbernecking for the cringe, but Karma's the kind of indie trash that I can't imagine anyone here would care about, there's not even a thread about it. So trash that it doesn't even get a mention in Abu Antar's big thread of rpg shovelware https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/upcoming-role-playing-games.119870/

Well, as I said before. It's a PC RPG, and part of the news post was me making commentary on how developers no longer show off the character system/creation or inventory system or any other mechanic that makes the game anything other than combat. Just something I've noticed over the years. As for the game itself, I haven't played it. I probably wouldn't play it. Some people might. It's cheap, and being small developers, they might be willing to listen to things that people like or don't like about their game.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Infinitron trying to act like a "serious" newsposter is laughable. RPGcodex news have become even more boring than RPGWatch.

I guess that crappy Werewolf action game wasn't popamole and was more "RPG" than whatever shit proverbius tried to post.

I think MCA put it best.

Oh, Infinitron, the joke is simple: That you report the news, as your unfortunate profile tag claims, which always make me wince when I see your claim. C'mon, don't be ridiculous. You are so biased, we can't even see you through the glare, but embrace it: It's part of your charm.

I don't even really care that Infinitron posts so much pointless news, but him getting all bent out of shape about others posting "popamole" stuff is a tiny bit hypocritical to say the least.

Edit: Butthurt detected. You aren't some high tier newsposter Infinitron, this is just a niche forum and website. Very often it seems as though you forget this. There is just as much value in some popamole ARPG as a shitty TOW expansion pack (not much for either, but who gives a fuck?)

Last edited:

Corvinus

Arcane
but him getting all bent out of shape about others posting "popamole" stuff is a tiny bit hypocritical to say the least.

Sadly, if you give such creatures the finger the arm will be lost as well. Better to give them a boot up the backside.

saeci

Arcane
Front page has been shit even since infinitron took over. Inane clown posting copy-pasted tidbits from other sites, which he, hilariously, considers serious journalistic work. If it wasn't for his unfortunate affinity for video games he would probably be working for buzzfeed and writing articles about top 10 gumball brands.

Haba

Harbinger of Decline
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
If you think that Infinitron is biased, then add more staff to balance it out. Staff that actually posts actual news.

And yeah, not everything is "front-page" -worthy. New RPG releases should definitely be have a high priority. Kickstarter updates for games that aren't out yet? Not so much.

But when actual cRPGs get released and month passes without a news post, then it gets kinda funny.

Looking forward to Subverse release, you know, the game that actually had a Codex campaign...

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Just make Roxor an admin and give him equal control over the news section.

Infinitron can post all the Obsidian stuff he wants (which most of us will ignore, or visit to leave snide remarks), Roxor can post news we care about.

Everyone wins.

Edit: Do you get more shillbucks per negative rating you give Infinitron?

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom