Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Jews jewing again

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
if only u knew how bad things really r

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
All jokes aside, what exactly is the problem with a staff member publishing an unserious, irrelevant, biased, or even poorly written newspost? Why do you care?

Gastrick

Cipher

Plane Escapee

Your friend
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I wondered where those news posts went. Just let Saint_Proverbius post whatever he wants, this is petty and dumb. There have been just as lazily written news posts before about games that are also fairly uninteresting to the general Codex populace and/or lacking in "RPG-ness" as those two. They really aren't significantly different.
Still pretty bad though, but why not just give some eviscerating feedback and leave it up?

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
Am I reading that right and did he change the review date of a game he did not like so it falls off the frontpage?
Or was it a genuine error. Because if this was intentional that would be low. Lower than low when it is about a codex made rpg.
A proper responsible moderator will come forward and explain that he did that and why he did that; if it was a mistake, it will be fixed - if not, the reasons will be given. It seems that the person in question is not like that.

RPG Codex is the first forum in my experience where moderators are lurking in the shadows and do their stuff covertly, anonymously, like actually fearing any slightest responsibility. Some shit happens - nobody knows why or who did that - no reasons are given at all to anyone

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
RPG Codex is the first forum in my experience where moderators are lurking in the shadows and do their stuff covertly, anonymously, like actually fearing any slightest responsibility. Some shit happens - nobody knows why or who did that - no reasons are given at all to anyone

I tend to agree with this. One of the moderators decided to Retardoland their own post and we were all asking who did it, since there is a kind of back alley way of doing things these days. There probably wouldn't have been so many questions if there hadn't been things just popped off to Retardoland with no idea who moved it to begin with. Now, I personally enjoy having the last word, so I generally add the last post in a thread before I'll toss something in there. But that's just me.

But for the record, I'm still figuring this new software out so I don't know how to Retardoland things. Also, I haven't seen anything yet that makes me want to learn either.

It's high time for a reevaluation of what the news front-page should be.
What I think could be a new addition to the front page is that there could be a RPG gossip column where the latest developer rumors is published, by Roguey ofc.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Well, as I said before. It's a PC RPG, and part of the news post was me making commentary on how developers no longer show off the character system/creation or inventory system or any other mechanic that makes the game anything other than combat. Just something I've noticed over the years.

If the post was more about the commentary than the game, wouldn't a thread in grpg have been more appropriate?

As for the game itself, I haven't played it. I probably wouldn't play it. Some people might. It's cheap, and being small developers, they might be willing to listen to things that people like or don't like about their game.

There's just so much indie trash out there now that I can't imagine hardly anyone wanting to play this. The peak number of players today is three: https://steamdb.info/app/1513400/graphs/

Just make Roxor an admin and give him equal control over the news section.

Roxor can and has been able to post news. He just doesn't feel like it 99% of the time.

I also have the ability to post news, but apathy/anxiety makes me not want to. However, if there's any kind of notable RPG news that Infinitron refuses to post about, I could be able to do so based on my own assessment.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I don't see how it's any less worthy of a newspost than DLC for Outer Worlds is. Somehow trash is acceptable for a newspost because it's made by obshitian?
https://steamdb.info/app/578650/graphs/
There are currently 2000 people playing TOW and the number of people who watched the DLC content on twitch shot up into the tens of thousands. The decline of Cain, Boyarsky, and Obsidian in general is also worth rubbernecking.

Codex Year of the Donut
I don't see how it's any less worthy of a newspost than DLC for Outer Worlds is. Somehow trash is acceptable for a newspost because it's made by obshitian?
There are currently 2000 people playing TOW and the number of people who watched the DLC content on twitch shot up into the tens of thousands. The decline of Cain, Boyarsky, and Obsidian in general is also worth rubbernecking.
Since when was the codex a popularity contest? Have you seen the games that are discussed here?

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I also have the ability to post news, but apathy/anxiety makes me not want to. However, if there's any kind of notable RPG news that Infinitron refuses to post about, I could be able to do so based on my own assessment.

have you heard about codex 2021 goty loop hetero?
https://steamdb.info/app/1282730/
people in power keep denying news post

Codex Year of the Donut
so if I find one statement of Star Citizen being referred to as an RPG by its developers you will post newsposts everytime it gets an update?

No, because based on my assessment, such posts would be a waste of time.
who is making the decisions on what's worth the time then?
yNN26Bw.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom