Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Most controversial RPG in the Top 25

worst game

• Total voters
Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
Which game is THE WORST in this list
  1. Planescape: Torment

2. Fallout: A Post Nuclear Role Playing Game

3. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

4. Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura

5. Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines

6. Fallout 2

7. Fallout: New Vegas

8. Deus Ex

9. Gothic II

10. The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

11. Age of Decadence

12. Dark Souls

13. Pathfinder: Kingmaker

14. Jagged Alliance 2

15. The Witcher III: Wild Hunt

16. Underrail

17. Gothic

18. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic II - The Sith Lords

19. Baldur's Gate

20. Wizardry 8

21. Neverwinter Nights 2 Addons

22. System Shock 2

23. Icewind Dale

24. Betrayal at Krondor

25. Pool of Radiance

Broseph

Dangerous JB
Patron
The worst (NWN2 OC) isn’t an option. :M

I know it made the top 25 solely for its expansions, but it is the main campaign of the game.

himmy

Arcane
There's a couple on that list that I haven't played so I'm not gonna fuck with them, but honestly, from that list I feel like Gothic 1 is the most overrated. It's not a bad game, but it's up there with Baldur's Gate 1 in the list of games that are riding its sequel's dick HARD. No offence to any of them in particular, but almost every single thing you remember liking in Gothic 1 is actually from Gothic 2 and that probably applies even more to Baldur's Gate.

KateMicucci

Arcane
I will never understand the love for betrayal at krondor. Are there two different games with the same name? Cuz in the one I played, I gought a bunch of identical enemies over and over, then reached a sewer level with more identical enemies, and then decided to cut my losses.

ferratilis

Magister
Tbh both the old top 70 and the top 101 lists are good, especially compared to drivel you can read on PC Gamer or RPS. You guys don't disappoint when it comes to RPG lists. I discovered Codex through the top 70 list as somewhat of a newfag to cRPGs and it was a good gateway to older titles you can't see recommended elsewhere on the internet, especially when it comes to blobbers. If not for the Codex, my knowledge of blobbers would begin and end with Legend of Grimrock.

The top 50 non-RPG list, on the other hand... holy moly. It needs to burn.

Mortmal

Arcane
I will never understand the love for betrayal at krondor. Are there two different games with the same name? Cuz in the one I played, I gought a bunch of identical enemies over and over, then reached a sewer level with more identical enemies, and then decided to cut my losses.
It's classic fantasy, many popular books were written+ nostalgia . Of course now the game old and aged poorly but old fags like me remembers a glorious era of rpgs, the like we havent seen until recently with the kickstarters.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom