Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Warhammer Necromunda: Hired Gun from Streum On Studio

ADL

Prophet
exaggerating slightly

No, you were totally incorrect.

And I don't really know what to make of a comparison to Vengeance of the Blood Angels as I haven't played it.

Deathwing is pretty fucking good though
Agreed. I don't think you'll find anyone that was 100% happy with Space Hulk Deathwing's support but what was there was incredible and I wish they did support it a little more than they did.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Is there a law that all women have to be ugly bulldyke rollerballers?

The ones in the pics are stereotypical underhive gangers that are basically supposed to look like trash. Even in the Kal Jerico comics the only good looking woman was that crazy noble girl from the spire. I bet that in this game there will be some hot bitches from upper strata of society too.

And I don't really know what to make of a comparison to Vengeance of the Blood Angels as I haven't played it.

I played Vengeance of the Blood Angels for a bit back when it came out and I thought it was already a step back (other than the graphics of course) from the first Space Hulk from 1993. Deathwing of course lacks the tactical layer of the 1993 Space Hulk (which even had limited ability to pause and issue orders on a tactical map), but I wouldnt really rate VotBA as a better game.

Last edited:

Belegarsson

Think about hairy dwarfs all the time ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Some developer accidentally uploaded a screenshot to community hub :D

EAE738433D4B3CB7647CF4F8878F65CFCB6303E7

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
D1P for me. I thought Deathwing was an OK game held back by the multiplayer which is more costly and time consuming to make. Focusing on making a good single player experience is the better call imo and this looks like it'll be hectic and fun.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Are the weapons supposed to look like typical modern weapons in the setting?

Looks like it could be fun though.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Are the weapons supposed to look like typical modern weapons in the setting?

That really depends on the planet of origin. In 40K there are many planets that for various reasons LARP as various ancient Earth cultures and their weapons look the part (ie. Vostroyans and Preatorians for example use las rifles largely made of wood since they LARP as 19th century Russia and Britan respectively, Kriegers who LARP as WWI Germany have las guns that look like WWI rifles etc) and others that are pretty sci-fi (like lets say Elysians). Necromunda is a fairly normal hive world, so their tech should be quite modern looking on this scale. As PulsatingBrain pointed out, the guns in the game look as they should, all things considered.

It's not a doggy, it's a Dogge.

More like Cyber-Dogge.

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member
Tbh it's "everything goes" in 40k when it comes to anything that isn't trademarked or iconic like a bolter or lasgun. Especially in terms of generic bullet spewers like autoguns that can be just anything you want them to be. Case in point, the armoury section of Dark Heresy:

dhguns.png

Andnjord

Arcane
:whatho:...motherfuckers....

Welp, gonna file this one under 'cautiously optimistic' then. The Emperor protects, hope is the first step on the road to disapointment and all that jazz.

Last edited:

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Well, the main thing I reacted to was the rails on top of the guns, for sights and stuff. I just never imagined 40k stuff had that. It was either this way or that way, stamped machine guns with no customization.

lightbane

Arcane
That looks cool! hopefully it works for W7. As for the women, this is one of the few cases where the average feminist-approved woman wouldn't look out of place next to the mutant freaks that makes half of the population of the underhives (the other half being extra-ugly mutants).

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom