Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Post all your thoughts on Oblivion here.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
Xi said:
aweigh said:
It's not stealing since I've done it myself. I took around 45 iron arrows from some orc practising his archery in Chorrol, he never batted an eyelash (nor did the guards).

How long did it take you?

Not long at all, as he kept firing one arrow after the other. I'd say 5 minutes, tops. You only need to stay a little bit off to the side because they stop firing arrows if they think they'll hit you.

suibhne

Erudite
aweigh said:
You only need to stay a little bit off to the side because they stop firing arrows if they think they'll hit you.

That's all the evidence any of us should need that nothing like Radiant AI has ever been done before. It's a moneymentalithic achievement!

BarãodoDesterro

Educated
It would be a lot of fun to see what OP thinks after all those years. Most pros are exactly nowadays said cons. It is a shame he was last seen here back in 2019.

For a fact, “Oblivion” is the ultimate escapist experience: sitting on your deserved chair on the Elder Council, bearing your insignia of Champion; knowing no other daedric lord has the power and influence you have among men and their institutions, adding some dimension of madness to every imperial decision (mind me, not for evil reasons, you’ve grow fond of men, you were once one and know their unpredictable ways, but because you know the downsides of pure order); walking trough the streets feeling the sunset of the Empire, knowing its splendor and decadence.

Mexi

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
The soundtrack is one of the greatest in a video game. Graphics actually look really good modded, and I liked it better than Skyrim (unmodded).

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
You have to install three different mod managers to make Oblivion work and then you have to play Jenga with all the mods, especially the sex mods, if a single one is out of place the whole thing collapses.

Funposter

Arcane
You have to install three different mod managers to make Oblivion work and then you have to play Jenga with all the mods, especially the sex mods, if a single one is out of place the whole thing collapses.
tbf I don't think there's anything essential which requires OBMM nowadays, so you just need two mod managers.

Jackpot

Learned
Pastel potatofaces aren't THAT much worse than the brown 2 cent action figures of Morrowind.
Spamming attacks without dice rolls isn't THAT much worse than spamming attacks with dice rolls.
Some quests genuinely felt compelling. Most quests are hot garbage.

The shitty level/loot scaling and fast travel system is what really kills the game.

I haven't played Oblivion yet, but if I can't make potions that unnecessarily give me thousands of points in all my stats that last for several hours each then I don't think I will. Honestly, gaming as a whole was perfected with Morrowind's alchemy system.

Farewell young Prince into the night

I haven't played Oblivion yet, but if I can't make potions that unnecessarily give me thousands of points in all my stats that last for several hours each then I don't think I will. Honestly, gaming as a whole was perfected with Morrowind's alchemy system.

But in Oblivion you can scale walls using paint brushes, so that's a plus.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom