Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SMT: Nocturne

Robber Baron

Savant
I mean, I would love to see more SMT titles on PC, but this """""HD"""" port is just an insolence. Couldn't even be arsed to increase the music quality.

Isn't shitty quality the part of the charm?

WESACRIFICEDTHESONOFGOD
HIDEOUSGLIMPSEOFFIRERED

Dodo1610

Arcane
Might be coming directly to PC according to the ESRB rating.

https://www.esrb.org/ratings/37687/Shin+Megami+Tensei+III+Nocturne+HD+Remaster/

Shin Megami Tensei III Nocturne HD Remaster
SEGA

Platforms
Windows PC

M.svg

Blood
Partial Nudity
Sexual Themes
Strong Language
Violence
Rating Summary
This is a role-playing game in which players assume the role of a student transformed into a half-demon in Tokyo. From a third-person perspective, players explore Tokyo, interact with demons, and engage in turn-based battles with enemy creatures. Players use melee attacks, magic spells, and demons' abilities to kill enemies. Battles are sometimes frenetic, accompanied by screen-shaking effects, bursts of lights, and impact sounds. Some sequences depict additional acts of violence and blood: a bloodied man snapping a character's neck; characters lying in corridors, stained with streaks of blood; a character wearing the skinned faces of his victims. The game contains some sexual material: topless female demons; a demonic creature with a phallic-shaped head and torso; demons with suggestive traits referenced in text (e.g., “Succubus”; “They visit women in their sleep and have sexual intercourse with them"; “Like their mother, they have sex with men at night"; "The victims won't wake up during sex…”). The word “f**k” is heard in the game.

Last edited:

Terra

Cipher

And people said it'd never happen.

That price can take a long lulz off a short pier though.

Sega's PC releases tend to fall into one of two categories; sane, fair price (Persona 4 Golden, most Yakuza PC ports) and batshit bananas pricing - this game, Valkyria 4, etc. Yak7 was on the pricey side too come to think of it. It's likely to drop like a stone in fairly short order in combination with base price reduction after some time, so I'll wait it out I think.

You know what, Atlus is stood right at the floodgates to a tonne of goodwill and sales if they brought their PS2 era SMT catalogue to PC in a sensible fashion, they have had roaring success with P4 Golden, and now follow it up with this typical Jap-Dev out of touch nonsense when it comes to pricing. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, smh.

Last edited:

CyberModuled

Arbiter
Given the price in Japan, I'm not that surprised it's this expensive. But still, it's fucking absurd. Can't wait for a Denuvoless exe to get fucking leaked by ATLUS for the third time in a row and/or people just cracking it via Unity exploit since all you have to do is use a modified .dll file to bypass it. Guess I'm just buying Sword Coast Revisited instead lmao

mogwaimon

Magister
eesh that price tag. Still, if it'll get them to bring more SMT to PC then perhaps it's worth dipping for in the end. Refresh my memory tho, did they censor anything or go full SJW with this somehow or is it a mostly untouched port in terms of actual content?

Sentinel

Arcane
They rewrote some text in the japanese release so it's safe to assume they also retranslated it. There were some "offensive" remarks originally iirc.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
eesh that price tag. Still, if it'll get them to bring more SMT to PC then perhaps it's worth dipping for in the end. Refresh my memory tho, did they censor anything or go full SJW with this somehow or is it a mostly untouched port in terms of actual content?
I think they made the faggot manikin less of a faggot or at least made him not stereotypically gay

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Very, very, very excited to play this, in 2022 after it's got patches up the wazoo.

Deflowerer

Arcane

And people said it'd never happen.

That price can take a long lulz off a short pier though.

Sega's PC releases tend to fall into one of two categories; sane, fair price (Persona 4 Golden, most Yakuza PC ports) and batshit bananas pricing - this game, Valkyria 4, etc. Yak7 was on the pricey side too come to think of it. It's likely to drop like a stone in fairly short order in combination with base price reduction after some time, so I'll wait it out I think.

You know what, Atlus is stood right at the floodgates to a tonne of goodwill and sales if they brought their PS2 era SMT catalogue to PC in a sensible fashion, they have had roaring success with P4 Golden, and now follow it up with this typical Jap-Dev out of touch nonsense when it comes to pricing. Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory, smh.

How was Yakuza 7 pricy? It was a full-on day 1 release.

Terra

Cipher
How was Yakuza 7 pricy? It was a full-on day 1 release.
Base price was and still is £55, rising to £65 & £75 respectively for each edition bump-up (I also recall there was some feature that is a paid extra in Y7 that came standard in prior games, I think?) This is for a digital game you technically "do not own" according to Steam. A quick search shows I can buy the physical version on PS5 now for £39 or £25 for the PS4 version. At least here in the UK, the price of the physical copies on consoles drops VERY quickly and makes a digital copy that perpetually sits at a higher price point a nonsensical purchase, especially if you don't intend to play it immediately at release. I've been primarily a PC-gamer for years now, and Yak7's prices are above what I would consider the norm for the oft-touted "cheaper" pc platform, a market which has been gradually ratcheting up its typical price point to achieve parity with console releases, while still having the gall to lines its halls with mountains of dlc.

Now I'll grant you, as an actual new title, I won't levy quite the same amount of criticism towards Yak7's pricing compared to this remaster of Nocturne, but still, I've no intention to support the desired price hiking of games effected by big pubs. As I mentioned above, Sega tends to deep-discount their stuff relatively quickly, and given that I'm not desperate to play Y7 anytime soon, I can wait the relatively short amount of time it takes Sega to drop it to 50% off or beyond. For me, unless I desperately need to play it at release, it's just not worth it, given I have an extremely deep backlog of games to play through, that colours my games purchasing decisions, if I had a sparse library and just bought what I intended to play immediately, might not be such an issue for me.

Deflowerer

Arcane
I think the game is good enough it would be worth that price if the remaster wasn't so half assed (for example, shit sound).

But I don't think they are being stupid from pricing perspective per se. It's intended to be a back catalogue title that won't require better pricing to move Day 1 sales and it won'tbe as popular as Persona 4 Golden anyway, so asking a higher premium for people who are willing to pay it (and there definitely will be such peeps) at first is a sound strategy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom