Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News The Outer Worlds: Murder on Eridanos expansion revealed, coming March 17th

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's not clear whether Microsoft have any plans to tell the studios they've bought to share IPs with one another. Right now it seems like each studio is retaining considerable autonomy, each one continuing to create and work on their own stuff.

Zeriel

Arcane
Almost like the team of people making a game is more important than just some lead position guys' names. And even then there's no guarantee lightning will strike twice.

It worked for Arcanum and Bloodlines, but unfortunately the prime years of the boomer and the gen xer are over.

Culture changed. Hell, in the early 2000s even David Gaider of gay unicorn fame was doing shit like a hardcore mod for BG2 TOB.

Die a hero or live long enough to become the villain, etc etc.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
Tim Cain declaring the good things of Fallout, a "mistake".

What a fucking fag (and I don't mean that he likes men)
IDGRg24.jpg

Morpheus Kitami

Liturgist
I'm curious as to how they handle this. Murder mysteries really don't work if they're extended beyond a hour or two and 15$ for 2 hours of gameplay is a really bad deal. Is this going to be 4 hours for someone with no previous gaming experience and the use of only one finger, and everyone else can breeze past it in a second?

DeepOcean

Arcane
Probably the story will change half way through from a murder mystery to let's defeat the Brain Eaters or whatever with some plot twist like they are the final evolution of SJWs or something like that.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
My impression of OW was that it was not a good RPG and not a good shooter. So I wasn’t sure why they even made it.

Probably because taglines like "From the makers of Fallout and Fallout New Vegas" build up expectations and sell.
These days people should really look into the product itself before they are ready to spend money.
The last ten years have shown that even great game developers and other creators are quite capable of going in decline and ruining their own reputation.

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
At this point Microsoft would make a better game than Obsidian

Microsoft IS making this game. They own Obsidian and any sense of autonomy is fake news. They are Billy's bitch and will push his woke agenda or they will go bye bye.

A horse of course

My impression of OW was that it was not a good RPG and not a good shooter. So I wasn’t sure why they even made it.

The Bordericklands and Morty le wacky humour attracted the r*ddit audience, and it benefitted massively by being marketed at the same time as the height of an anti-Bethesda backlash after Fallout 76. Literally every comment on the trailers was some variation of a jilted-girlfriend-esque stab at Bethesda.

The Dutch Ghost

Arbiter
Hotcakes sell? IHOP? I haven't bought a hotcake in decades.

I was thinking about that expression yesterday and I was thinking "What are hotcakes? Do a lot of people still know what hotcakes are these days?"

my point is that that demand dictates the market

Was there that much demand for an average DLC like Murder on Eridanos? Or for a rather half assed shooter-rpg like The Outer Worlds?
Sure I like FNV and I thought Fallout 4 was the pits but even then TOW is barely okay in comparison.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Outer worlds..... showing the world... their junk...
look-what-i-can-do-o.gif

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom