Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Pathos Gains Some Trolls

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Nethack; Pathos; Roguelike

Pathos has been updated to version 6.5. For those who don't know, it's a graphical roguelike very similar to Nethack and is available on Windows Store, Play Store for Android, Apple iTunes and on their website. While there's gobs of new and exciting things, here's a taste of what they've added:

Troll. Ravenous, predatory species of giant humanoid with a severe hunch that causes the backs of their hands to drag on the ground. Despite the awkward physical appearance, they are powerfully built and are infamous for their ability to rapidly recover from any wound to their rubbery hide.

Echo. Astral beings who are a vessel for the indomitable spirit of a vanquished adventurer. Having no motivations of their own, they are glad to permit the possession; for the deceased adventurer, it is a second chance at revenge or redemption. Born from astral matter, they are slightly built, translucent and can move freely through physical obstacles.

Satyr. Fey creatures linked by powerful nature spirits to fuel their antics. They are stocky with furry lower bodies, cloven hooves of a goat and curled horns of a ram. Ribald and clever, they cheerfully lead hedonistic escapades of drinking, dancing and fighting.​

There's a full thread with the history of this game over at Temple of the Roguelike for even more glorious information.

Trolls. They're not just for forums anymore.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
I'm liking these newsposts because most of them are about games I've never heard of before.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Bruh, this has the same artstyle as Talisman 2nd edition, which is my favorite boardgame of all time. Generally I don't like roguelikes, but this one is interesting.

Sibylla

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag!
This game is actually good. Considering mobile games have no standards... I even played garbage like pixel dungeon

Default tileset is an eyesore though. You can change it.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Oh, great, I was just thinking that I could use some trolls in my Pathos.
(Not really.)
Good game, BTW.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom