Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Decline Jews jewing again

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I know I'm in the minority here but I'd argue that shit like TOW or BG3 or any number of retarded AAA trashfires shouldn't have threads on this forum, or at least heavily restricted threads that remain closed unless there are new developments regarding the game.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
This has been a fairly great read, overall.

Political intrigue. What in the actual fuck with the modding/demodding/remodding? That is some infantile garbage, very disappointed to see that damning evidence.

An adult acting like an adult throughout an entire conversation (Saint_Proverbius ) which was an odd experience overall... It was calming reading your posts, which somehow "subverted my expectations" of the 'dex. Thank you.

Rusty and Roxor with some good arguments. Not people I always agree with, but here they were mostly on point and nailed it several times.

Shillitron exposed, defensive, I sensed butthurt radiating like a gamma ray burst. Had multiple easy ways out, had olive branch extended and ignored it favoring a Maginot line approach.

There is enough decline in the world, Infinitron . Share the platform, like a male human with actual testicles.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Shillitron exposed, defensive, I sensed butthurt radiating like a gamma ray burst. Had multiple easy ways out, had olive branch extended and ignored it favoring a Maginot line approach.

There is enough decline in the world, Infinitron . Share the platform, like a male human with actual testicles.

He did. I pointed this out elsewhere, but I don't think I said it here. Infinitron is protective of this site, which isn't a bad thing. He was just worried that I wasn't on the up and up. It was me that disappeared for over a decade and during that time, it was he who stepped up. I show back up out of no where(mainly because I have more time now), and decide to contribute. He has every reason to be suspicious. I'm not sure if he even knew at the time why I came back and why I had more time to do things around here.

As far as news goes, he and I have a different opinion on what news is. This isn't a bad thing at all when you think about it. That means I'll post things he wouldn't and vice versa. The example I used was that he gets press releases, I don't and probably won't. He's got that covered. I like crazy, small time things that might slip through the cracks. Are they all good? Probably not, but someone might like them.

Anyway, I hadn't posted in here for a while, so I thought I might reply to say everything is great and it's only getting better.

Self-Ejected

Shitty Kitty

Self-Ejected

He did. I pointed this out elsewhere, but I don't think I said it here. Infinitron is protective of this site, which isn't a bad thing. He was just worried that I wasn't on the up and up. It was me that disappeared for over a decade and during that time, it was he who stepped up. I show back up out of no where(mainly because I have more time now), and decide to contribute. He has every reason to be suspicious. I'm not sure if he even knew at the time why I came back and why I had more time to do things around here.

As far as news goes, he and I have a different opinion on what news is. This isn't a bad thing at all when you think about it. That means I'll post things he wouldn't and vice versa. The example I used was that he gets press releases, I don't and probably won't. He's got that covered. I like crazy, small time things that might slip through the cracks. Are they all good? Probably not, but someone might like them.

Anyway, I hadn't posted in here for a while, so I thought I might reply to say everything is great and it's only getting better.
Being protective of the site itself is arguably fine depending largely on what the perceived threat is, gatekeeping on individuals and their access to their purported job functions kind of goes above and beyond that. That's micromanagement and nobody likes that.

If a manager type doesn't trust an employee or coworker charged with a given task to perform that task more or less autonomously it doesn't look good.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
He was just worried that I wasn't on the up and up. It was me that disappeared for over a decade and during that time, it was he who stepped up. I show back up out of no where(mainly because I have more time now), and decide to contribute. He has every reason to be suspicious.
As I said before, the way he has decided to act is completely fucked up. As soon as you was given back your mod rights and Infinitron had some suspicions, the whole issue should have been brought to the head honcho - DU - and settled privately between the three of you. That's how adult men with actual balls solve their issues. Instead, we got this:

tCUagNB.png

That's not how the man acts. Shady actions between everyone's back, in secret from both you and DU, are the signs of a coward.

Codex admin corps already has a quite rotten reputation, and it doesn't take much time to notice that (just visit this subforum, lol, the majority of threads here is about one mod or another); stuff like this does nothing to improve the already tarnished reputation. If Infinitron wants to present himself as a "responsible" moderator, who wants to keep RPG Codex a "respectable" place, his way of doing things goes completely against this intention; there are many more things to say about his ways, for example, a complete lack of feedback to anyone concerning his actions.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
In contrast, the Outer worlds coverage seems to have continued long after the Codex has turned off the game.

Now why is that?

My memory may be shit, but I remember Vault Dweller scouring the internet for post release Oblivion news until his finger tips bled so he could hammer that game even more. I didn't post Oblivion news as often just because I wanted to see how Vince would trash that game the next time. He had a field day with it. Especially once they announced the horse armor.
Newsposting was great back then. We had commentary. And quality shitting on games. VD was on fire but he wasn't the only quality newsposter.

We also had newsposts informing us of titles we might not have heard of otherwise. Very useful.

Now all we've got is shilling.

The front page used to be my homepage, now I don't even visit.

SexExitium

Augur
Saint Proverbius posting news; am I wrong to hope for some old time lambasting of shitty games to give me an excuse to check out the front page every now and then?

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Saint Proverbius posting news; am I wrong to hope for some old time lambasting of shitty games to give me an excuse to check out the front page every now and then?
You can check the news page from inside the forums man. Rest assured, there is no need to ever leave the Codex forums.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Dark Alliance might be worth minor rubbernecking for the cringe, but Karma's the kind of indie trash that I can't imagine anyone here would care about, there's not even a thread about it. So trash that it doesn't even get a mention in Abu Antar's big thread of rpg shovelware https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/upcoming-role-playing-games.119870/
But the standard isn't "imagin[ing] anyone here would care about"; is it? As Roxor pointed out in the chat log in the OP, there's ton of shit news posts covering items no one at the codex cares about, principally the tea leaves of failed retrodevs like OE, inXile and Larian. If Saint_Proverbius posts a news piece about a shit game occasionally, that makes his posts par for the course. Not cause for censorship.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
As Roxor pointed out in the chat log in the OP, there's ton of shit news posts covering items no one at the codex cares about, principally the tea leaves of failed retrodevs like OE, inXile and Larian.

Go into grpgd and sort threads by number of replies and number of views to see what most of the Codex truly cares about. :M

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
As Roxor pointed out in the chat log in the OP, there's ton of shit news posts covering items no one at the codex cares about, principally the tea leaves of failed retrodevs like OE, inXile and Larian.

Go into grpgd and sort threads by number of replies and number of views to see what most of the Codex truly cares about. :M

Other than BG3, none of those are about the upcoming or recently released Obsidian or inXile titles (Wasteland 3, Bard's Tale 4, Outer Worlds, etc.):

Image1.jpg

It is more of a list of what the Codex used to care about.

agris

Arcane
Patron

This is the same type of argument that caused the popamole-ification of games - it's popular, what could be wrong about it. Doesn't feel like a Codexian line of argumentation.

I gather the truth is a lot more complicated and you probably don't want to dig into it publicly, but why not say that rather than the pithy replies. Unless you truly do think that there is a correct way to police news posts: by popularity of the underlying game being covered.

edit: clarity, typos.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
This is the same type of argument that caused the popamole-ification of games - it's popular, what could be wrong about it. Doesn't feel like a Codexian line of argumentation.

I gather the truth is a lot more complicated and you probably don't want to dig into it publicly, but why not say that rather than the pithy replies. Unless you truly do think that there is a correct way to police news posts: by popularity of the underlying game being covered.

Just seems like a waste of energy to me to post about some janky low budget action RPG. :M

Darth Roxor

Royal Dongsmith
Staff Member

Just seems like a waste of energy to me to post about some janky low budget action RPG. :M

hey why hating outer worlds

agris

Arcane
Patron

Sure - but just as much energy to censor such post and then defend said-censorship, no?

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Sure - but just as much energy to censor such post and then defend said-censorship, no?

It takes far less effort to delete a post than it is to make one. :P

It also wasn't censorship, it was Infinitron exercising his role as editor-in-chief to have the newspage look the way he wanted it (Codex Content is published, the forum is the platform). He was ultimately overruled so. :M

Gregz

Arcane

Very dubious science.

If an article is well written and/or interesting, and no one is wrong on the internet, that’s a single view and perhaps a rating.

If someone is wrong on the internet, like the author of the article (or the “news” editor who shilled for him), you'll see lots of repeat-views and comments.

Don’t mistake clickbait for quality. Such criteria will turn this place into reddit.

Last edited:

Grotesque

±¼ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Patron
Vatnik
Divinity: Original Sin Divinity: Original Sin 2
If it weren't for RPG Codex, I wouldn't have ever known that Rome: Total War in an RPG.

Thank you!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom