Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter King Arthur: Knight's Tale - dark fantasy turn-based tactical RPG from NeocoreGames - Legion IX standalone expansion coming May 9th

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
In reality, in the 5th and 6th centuries it would have been far more likely to find a female knight or a female archer than to find a female that was able to read.

There were no knights in 5th or 6th century.

Arthurian stories are set in the late 5th, early 6th century.

:argh:

Not really. The historical events that inspired Arthurian stories were set in this period (Roman and Celtic population fighting against Anglo-Saxon invasions). Arthurian tales are beyond our times. They're part of British mythology.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I'm just glad this game isn't being made by Sawyer. Some real historical facts and balance might have ensued. Might even have started one of those forum discussions on boob plate and all that.
:troll:

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
For some reason there are a lot of left handed people in the game.

mnNRc0y.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/...-has-promise-but-theres-a-lancelot-left-to-do

King Arthur: A Knight's Tale - it has promise but there's a Lancelot left to do
Sorry, Galahad to.

I really want to like King Arthur: A Knight's Tale, but I find the experience of playing the Steam Early Access release so trudging as to almost be a chore. It's a shame, because there's promise in a lot of the features, and I'm very much on board with the idea of being Mordred, who's usually the villain, chasing down Arthur, who's usually the hero. We're all brought back from the dead - magical stuff: don't ask - and because of it, everything is cast in a graveyard hue, all grey and misty, moody and murky. But what it forgets along the way, or what it doesn't have yet - because I have to remind myself this is early access and there's plenty of time for things to change - is life.

It lacks energy, that kind of snappiness and charisma the best turn-based games have. Games like XCOM, games like Divinity: Original Sin 2, which, given King Arthur has RPG exploration and dialogue, seems an apt comparison. And it suffers all over because of it.

When you're in the RPG layer, wandering around environments, it's slow. And it feels empty, devoid of life in the surroundings, devoid of music or companion banter, devoid, really, of anything much to do. You can loot a body, loot a chest, maybe do a very simple sidequest for a very wooden NPC, but that's it. All there really is to do is fight.

Thankfully, fighting is OK. I particularly like the heft of the animated sword swings and axe chops, and sorting out positioning and attack-type occupies the mind. But the XCOM comparison developer NeoCore mentions is curious, because what King Arthur doesn't have in any great amount, and which XCOM has in abundance, is ranged combat, hence the whole cover system. In King Arthur, there are a few archers, and I've seen a few spells, but that's it. What does it need a cover system for? I haven't seen it in use at all.

jpg

An early, enclosed combat. Arenas can get much bigger than this.

jpg
jpg

I really like the character portraits.

And, again, combat is lethargic. It's not boring, it's perfectly playable, but there's very little to raise your heartbeat or surprise you. It's only really when you start uncovering some of the undead enemies, a few hours in, things pick up. The question is, will you even want to make it that far?

Even in the campaign map layer there's sluggishness, as the whole thing struggles to run responsively on my not-terrible PC. And it's a pity, because there are interesting things to do here. Here is where you take control of a destroyed Camelot, and rebuild it. It's a bit like Darkest Dungeon, in that you fit out a town with upgrades according to your needs. There's a hospice where you can remove companion injuries between missions, for example, presumably having to juggle your hero roster while they're laid up. And I don't know whether companions suffer mental maladies, but there is the prospect they can permanently die while out in the field.

jpg

jpg

Your home, and your morality.

Their loyalty to you is another intriguing feature, though I don't know what happens if it runs foul. And it's tied to an overarching kind of morality system, literally a morality chart, which places you according to your behaviour on a kind of graph. It's a cross-axis, with good and bad opposite each other, and religious and pagan opposite each other.

You affect your placing by making decisions while on mission. Do you want to make a place Christian or return it to its Old Gods way, for example? What I really like about it is that wherever you go on the chart, you're rewarded, unlocking various benefits in keeping with your tone. Go evil, like I did, and you unlock the Black Knight companion early on.

I love the sound of this feature, just as I love the promise of so many other things in the game. The problem is, they're either not implemented yet or don't kick in until much later in the game. And I'm not sure I want to get there, or indeed, can. It's early access, and the very beginning of the process. That's frustrating, if you're really excited about the game, as it's not finished, but it's also reassuring because there's a lot of work left to do. And, really, it's now in the best hands: lots of hands, which will help hone and shape it as time goes on.

There's time. There's time for it to fatten with features, and there's time for it to get the jolt of energy it needs and the whack of charisma it could do with. One with promise, then, but one to wait on for now.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
I'm noticing a lack of attributes/statistics?. In the RPG/RTS you had: Leadership, Reign, Fight, & Magic. Fight and magic were obviously for melee dam and magic dam. I suppose everything is now related to feats?. I thought they might have gone a bit more old school, and not kept the trend of leaving attributes in the past.

Edit: I also hope they map those quick button slots at the bottom of the screen to the F-keys or the numeric keys, because constantly selecting them with the mouse is gonna get old fast.

Last edited:

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
For some reason there are a lot of left handed people in the game.

This is actually a recurring thing with Neocore.

201706081730181.jpg
Ahhh it is just lefty overcompensating for its deformity. Ahhhh in the good old days lefties were burned or stoned to death.

The game looks pretty good,tho the original looked better. Tho generally the legend for king arthur is getting old and boring at this point. It is about some retarded degenerate that fucked his sister,found a sword,became king and got killed by his inbreed bastard lol. It is getting old at this point.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.gamebanshee.com/news/124701-king-arthur-knight-s-tale-previews.html

Eurogamer:

You affect your placing by making decisions while on mission. Do you want to make a place Christian or return it to its Old Gods way, for example? What I really like about it is that wherever you go on the chart, you're rewarded, unlocking various benefits in keeping with your tone. Go evil, like I did, and you unlock the Black Knight companion early on.

I love the sound of this feature, just as I love the promise of so many other things in the game. The problem is, they're either not implemented yet or don't kick in until much later in the game. And I'm not sure I want to get there, or indeed, can. It's early access, and the very beginning of the process. That's frustrating, if you're really excited about the game, as it's not finished, but it's also reassuring because there's a lot of work left to do. And, really, it's now in the best hands: lots of hands, which will help hone and shape it as time goes on.

ScreenRant:

This new spin on Arthurian legend is immediately alluring, allowing players to forge their own path through Camelot and tell the story from the perspective of the villain. King Arthur: Knight's Tale is a unique tactical experience that has great potential. Though developer NeocoreGames is no stranger to projects set in the Medieval era, this Kickstarter-funded reimagining feels both familiar and brand-new. The Early Access for the game is a strong start that should excite fans for what is to come.

Fextralife:

Originally I couldn’t recommend buying the Early Access version of the game in its current state because I didn’t think you’d be able to make it far before your game bugged out and you had to start over. However, Neocore has taken feedback and patched the game in just a short amount of time, and the Build I played just today on stream with the devs had almost no issues. I’m not completely sure how stable the current Build is, but I’d wager Neocore will have it patched up fairly quickly, so I don’t think there’s much of a risk.

Gamereactor:

Considering this is an early access edition of this game, there are a fair amount of areas that left us wanting more. From the tutorials that basically throw you in the deep end, to the quite limited exploration, or the bugs we encountered, King Arthur: Knight's Tale is a game with a lot of potential that doesn't quite show itself off in the most appealing way right now. Granted, there is a lot more content coming whenever launch day arrives, including 18 more story missions, over 25 more recruitable characters, more terrains to explore, a fleshed out Morality Chart, and even a challenging endgame. All of this should fill in a lot of the areas that currently feel lacking, but we have to see these implemented before we can take anything from it.

TheGamer:

The promised roguelike elements are limited; mostly, they refer to the fact that there are no saves and death of any knights is permanent. This isn’t a bad mechanic in and of itself, but King Arthur: Knight’s Tale is too slow a game for it to feel good. The prospect of starting over in a deliberate strategy game is frustrating. This is not to say that a game focusing on careful strategy is bad, but it is frustrating to have to repeat the game’s overly simple intro rather than be hamstrung by a knight’s death. Luckily, it looks like another mode has since been added that allows for saves.

KeenGamer:

Neocore Games greatly impressed me with their latest project, King Arthur: Knight's Tale. I believe the gameplay to be deep enough to keep you captivated for the entire campaign, although simple enough for anyone to pick up and go. There are no details yet on the PvP mode but I'm quite excited to see what that will bring to the table. As far as the audio and visual design goes, I was wowed. The character models look fantastic, the voice acting is on par with AAA titles, and the cinematics are absolutely phenomenal. I was truly stunned by the level of quality. My only wish is that my first meeting with King Arthur: Knight's Tale was closer to its launch because my enjoyment was greatly hampered by the never-ending bugs.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Actually, it shows that the journalist didn't play much, because the main compain on Steam forum is that archers destroy everything, especially yours.
Granted, the opponent's don't take cover much (which is a good idea since they will typically have 10% ranged users, while you have a strong incentive to take 2 bowmen out of 4 characters), but you get a lot of perks making your own archers better when they are in cover (why? I have no idea. Maybe they feel more confident?).

That said, he is spot on in the exploration part feeling like a chore.

The sluggishlessness was an issue I had too, but it is mostly because the game will pick the integrated graphic chip whenever there is one, so it requires some manual configuration to make it run properly.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3098069

The Early Access Roadmap is here!

Knights!

Now that King Arthur: Knight's Tale Early Access is out in the wild it is time to see what's next! But first, we'd like to thank you for the tremendous amount of feedback we've got from you. We're really grateful for all of your suggestions and bug reports, whether it was a few words, a longer doc or comments with pros and cons or even recorded footage. While we're debating how brutal the nerf for ranged heroes and Sir Kay should be (just kidding), we complied a roadmap for the coming months, since the plan from the beginning was to update the game during the Early Access period too.

The first version of this roadmap below shows these planned updates and the major features coming with them. The contents of each update might change, but as you can see, we're planning to add a lot of new features to the game during this period as well. As we're getting close to these dates, we'll update everything with more info and release patch notes too, including all the minor changes or additions.

9ed2c20cba6a99acfdbb8414e8a35a23_original.png

We're planning to go with monthly updates, starting with a late February update, that is already knocking on the door, coming out on February 23. This first big update will add a new class, the Vanguard, a scout-type class with two one-handed melee weapons, who can also hide and ambush enemies from cover, as well as new side missions, new items and will expand the level cap. It'll be followed by at least three more content updates in the next few months, adding even more features, missions, items, and even story - although we don't want to spoil much of the campaign till the full release;)

And of course much more is coming after May, but let's just not get ahead of ourselves.

Avalon Awaits!

Your feedback is incredibly valuable, so feel free to share your thoughts on any of our platforms: Facebook | Twitter | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | YouTube | Steam store page

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3113101

King Arthur: Knight's Tale Early Access February Update

Knights!

King Arthur: Knight's Tale's first Early Access update is out now! We added new maps, a new playable class, new skills and new buildings, fixed as many bugs as we could and balanced the gameplay a bit. Your feedback and suggestions helped a lot for this very first Early Access patch and we're truly grateful for this and hope you'll enjoy the new additions.

Your previous saved progress will be compatible with the latest update so you can continue where you left off.

526de1aa763f6915a5e1e834b1803479_original.png

Sir Tegyr

New maps

We added five new maps in this update, extending the map pool a bit with side missions.

New playable class
A new hero - Sir Tegyr - joins the Round Table, introducing the fifth playable class to the game: the Vanguard and its first iteration. Vanguards are skilled scouts, who are able to set and disarm traps, hide and move stealthily, wield two one-handed swords and can equip medium armor. In this build, Sir Tegyr joins right after completing the second story map, so you'll have plenty of opportunities to level up this character as well.

New skills and abilities
New maps need a stronger party, which means you can continue your progression and it also means new skills and active abilities are now possible to unlock.

New buildings
The Training Ground and the Enchanted Tower are both now accessible in Camelot. You can construct and later upgrade these similarly to the other buildings, once you have access to your fortress. The Training Ground lets your heroes gain XP while you're away adventuring so they can keep up with your main party's level. The Enchanted Tower works like the Cathedral or the Hospice, but this building removes various curses from your heroes.

You can find the patch notes here, listing many extra minor additions (more potions!!!), bug fixes, balance changes and performance boosts. And just a reminder, here's what's coming in the next few months. As always, let us know what you think of the new patch, and be sure to leave some feedback on our social sites!

Facebook | Twitter | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | YouTube | Steam store page

Avalon Awaits!

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.pcgamesn.com/king-arthur-knights-tale/early-access

King Arthur: Knight’s Tale is a sound strategy RPG, but the hero is a prat
A worthy quest needs a worthy hero - if only Mordred wasn’t such a tool

king-arthur-knights-tale-early-access-gameplay-900x506.jpg

What was the search for the Holy Grail if not the original fetch quest? If a washerwoman with an exclamation mark above her head asked Sir Gawain to brutalise ten wolves in exchange for a magical dishcloth, he’d have been off like a greased whippet. King Arthur and his round table drinking buddies are perfectly suited to make the jump to videogames, even a strategy game.

No wonder Neocore Games keep returning to the mystic well, first with King Arthur – the Roleplaying Wargame and it’s sequel, and now with the tactical RPG King Arthur – Knight’s Tale, currently in early access. You play as Mordred, the traitor knight who slew and was slain by King Arthur… except you’re not dead. The Lady of the Lake has revived you to finish what you began, to kill the Once and Future King. The world has changed, with undead knights, a cycle of eternal return, and a land thrown into upheaval by the corrupted soul of a king… It’s basically King Arthur meets Dark Souls, which is pretty boss.

After thrashing the residents of Camelot your quest takes you to Avalon, accepting missions where you’ll collect loot, buddy up with new knights, and advance the story (as soon as Neocore writes it.) As a resident of modern day Britain I found the muddy, grey woods, ruins, and villages unerringly accurate – damp, boring, and full of ill-washed bandits. Authentically Arthurian, but I hope Early Access adds some fresh areas.

And oh, how I long for a silent protagonist. Of course Mordred is going to be an anti-hero, but he’s less a knight of dour countenance and more a rejected Deviantart OC. Honestly, he’s just a bit of a berk.

When you encounter Arthur’s former seneschal Sir Kay, trapped in the tutorial dungeon, you get this exemplary exchange:

Mordred: Trust was always your weakness, Kay.
Kay: And what is yours? Your bloodlust? Your savagery?
Mordred: [GLARES IN SILENCE]

The Lady of the Lake also muses in the tutorial “I thought that dying can change a man, but I might be wrong.” So, once a tosser, always a tosser as far as Mordred is concerned.

If you’re counting RPG cliches, there are two morality meters that track your decisions on scales between ‘tyrant’ and ‘rightful’, ‘christian’ and ‘old faith’. Your decisions will eventually annoy certain knights, attract others, and possibly open or close story missions, but with such unlikeable characters, does that really matter?

Neocore has its work cut out to make the story match up to the sales pitch. Fortunately, the turn-based combat is already great. It’s not especially complex, but it’s robust and efficient like a well-honed blade. Each knight has a budget of action points to spend either moving or on one of their abilities. Attacks always hit, so positioning and the environment are the deciding factor in combat.

You’ll be looking for chokepoints where the heavily armoured Mordred can hold up a swarm of goons with his shield; covered approaches to move the vulnerable Sir Tegyr into position so he can litter the field with bear traps; and a clear path for Sir Balan to introduce his massive armour-cracking axe to an enemy knight’s face grille. Between the minimalist abilities, importance of cover and threat of permadeath, it plays more like XCOM than Divinity: Original Sin.

Gear can be found during missions or bought from merchants, and it’s all pleasingly impactful. A rune that gives Lady Dindraine increased longbow damage at extreme range will turn her into a sniper, while one that grants her free movement points every turn will set her up to deliver more deadly backstabs. No “+2% chance to proc breath mint damage when fighting mustelids“ here. Rather than squinting at numbers, I’m considering the role my knights will play in battle.

Camelot is currently in ruins (and only partially implemented during Early Access) but Mordred will rebuild it between battles from his court. You might bung a knight into the enchanted tower for a few missions while a wizard rinses the curses out of their aura, or stick them in the hospice to get their face unsmashed.

It’s not clear whether the long game will bring the ramping tension of XCOM or the infinite grind of Darkest Dungeon. I suspect we’ll get the quest-and-rest loop from Diablo, as your knights sally forth on baddy-biffing missions, then retreat to Camelot to try on shiny new armbands and stuff their pockets with potions.

Of course, part of the appeal of that style of gameplay loop is how each rest rewards you with a fresh piece of narrative, and Mordred’s edgelord persona hinders engagement with the wider story. There’s no one else to balance out how much of a prat he is either…

This will be a game for people who love repeatedly beasting the final bosses in Diablo or Path of Exile but always wanted to do it on a turn-based grid, and the branching narrative pablum exists to add flare to replays. If the developers get it right, this could be a saga for the ages.

King Arthur: Knight’s Tale was released on Steam Early Access on January 26, 2021. It’s due to remain there for up to seven months.

KateMicucci

Arcane
Actually, it shows that the journalist didn't play much, because the main compain on Steam forum is that archers destroy everything, especially yours.
Funny. In the King Arthur Roleplaying Wargame there was the same problem. There was even an option to tune down the archers in the settings. Even with it enabled they were still OP.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
They had better put the Green Knight in. This guy was decapitated in the first game, and calmly walked across the room to replace his head. So nerf the guy/plant if necessary, but ffs don't take him out. Or put him out to pasture.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3160900

Patch News and Preview

Knights,

In this Kickstarter backer update, we're going to take a look at some of the main features coming in the next patch! As many of you probably noticed, it's taking a bit more time to deploy it, but the good news is that the patch itself will be much bigger than previously imagined, as it will include most of the features listed on the roadmap from March to May. We are going to be releasing more details about the patch and the particular features as the release draws near.

With this patch, all story missions of the first Act will be playable. This means that the world of Avalon will open up further before you, with exciting bits of lore, new maps, and a terrifying boss in the end of the chapter. You might want to get some Lost-killing equipment ready…

All these new story missions definitely call for new characters and… maybe a new class even? Of course! Initially unlocked during the Kickstarter campaign, Knight's Tale's 6th class will finally be available to play. The Sage brings some more magic to the battlefield, their spells being mostly frost-based and utility-focused in contrast to the Arcanist's fire-based offensive sorcery.

Hero traits and loyalty will also be added so that your choices throughout the campaign and side missions will have even more impact. If your heroes don't agree with the morality of your choices, their loyalty decreases, and they might even leave you further down the line. Traits, on the other hand, are passive bonuses or disadvantages you will have to consider when assembling your party. For example, certain heroes with Old Faith alignment might not appreciate a devout Christian when going to battle, so their loyalty falters or receive other debuffs. Each hero will have up to 3 of these positive or negative traits, so make sure you get to know them before assembling your party!

Consumables are one-time use items granting you substantial bonuses, but making you face a tough choice at the same time. A tome you find somewhere in Avalon might grant extra stats, skill points or a permanent buff to experience gained - but is the hero who needs it the most going to be in your party for long? That's for you to decide!

Our story couldn't continue without a growing Camelot. We have to spend our hard-earned gold and materials somewhere, after all. The remaining buildings in our fortress hub are now all unlocked, ready for reconstruction. The most important leadership decisions will be made at the Round Table, sitting atop Camelot. Here, you'll be able to activate certain court titles, decrees and laws, that will all affect the overall gameplay, and add some additional depth to our strategies. Do you need some extra gold? Time to raise taxes! Do you need more building materials? Forced labour is the answer! Another newly unlocked building is the Crypt (also known as the Burial Grounds, we just renamed it), a proper resting place for our deceased companions.

An expanding story also needs a proper journal. We added its first iteration, where you can check your heroes' background, everything Arthurian myth-related, the tutorials and the story so far, presented on a proper Bayeux Tapestry, depicting Mordred's journey (and no, none of the tapestry memes influenced us, we swear!).

With all this said, we hope you're just as excited about the new patch as we are! As mentioned before, this is but a slice of what we're working on adding to Knight's Tale in the next update. There's still a long road ahead of us, and we've got some very exciting things to share with you during this time, so stay tuned!

Avalon awaits.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3211903

King Arthur: Knight's Tale's new update will be out on JUNE 10

Knights,

We're happy to share, that the next patch for King Arthur: Knight's Tale's Early Access will be out on JUNE 10 (Thursday) on Steam. This will be the second content update since we launched our Early Access and it is by far the biggest one. We've shared some info about the patch already, but since some minor things have changed, let's see exactly what to expect in this update - just to make things clear.

First and foremost, this update will add all the remaining story missions for Act 1 as well as numerous side and random missions. Act 1 will be now more or less completely playable from beginning to end in its Early Access stage. It doesn't mean we won't change things as we go forward, but this should give you a idea how one Act in the game would work.

Some maps will be completely new, some, that were already in the game, got reworked completely. The reworked maps - mostly side missions - got a lot more interesting, with new encounters, NPCs, heroes, quest givers and new story bits. Instead of flooding you with heroes after the second story map, you'll meet Sir Yvan, Sir Pelleas and others (including new ones) on different missions, with their own storyline. Based on your feedback this was something you all requested, we hope this'll be a favored addition.

Besides the continuation of the story, we added several new management features, including the Loyalty System, Events in-between missions, a further-polished Morality Chart, Hero Traits the Journal, and more. Again, some of these features can change in Early Access, as we check your feedback and continue testing new options.

Camelot has some new additions as well in this patch. Its most renowned building, the Round Table, is now accessible and upgradable. Here you can manage your active Hero roster, add Court Titles to your heroes, pass certain Laws and various Decrees as part of your kingdom management. You can also now access the Crypt (previously known as the Burial Grounds), which serves as a place to pay respects to fallen heroes.

Because of the reworked maps, and because of the huge number of changes, old saves will not work after this update. This was a necessary thing to do in this patch (and we'll avoid it in future Early Access patches, if possible), in order to update the game properly. But since old maps, and almost everything changed besides the tutorial map, starting a new game would make sense anyway.

More detailed patch notes with all the new features, all the balance changes and fixes are coming soon around the release day! We're also restructuring the roadmap for the future - this is being done in order to introduce better deadlines and avoid confusion. Thank you for your patience!

Avalon - and the Knight of Midnight - awaits!

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/neocore/king-arthur-knights-tale/posts/3215296

New Early Access Patch Now Live

Knights!

The long awaited update for King Arthur: Knight's Tale's Early Access is now finally live on Steam. Thank you for your patience! This patch is focused on Act 1 of the story, new side mission maps, new playable heroes, all the remaining buildings in Camelot, new character management systems (Loyalty, Traits, an extended Morality Chart), and many various new additions. Some systems and layouts got revamped and further polished, combat and gameplay got further balanced and a lot of bugs got fixed. This is our second and by far the biggest update since King Arthur: Knight's Tale went into Early Access.

Be sure to check the full PATCH NOTES, including all the new features, balance changes, bug fixes here.

The game should update automatically on Steam, but restarting Steam always helps if you do not see the update immediately. Save files will not be compatible this time, but the whole Early Access build changed, so it is strongly suggested to start a whole new game anyway, to experience everything new.

As mentioned in the previous update, we're restructuring the roadmap for the future - this is being done in order to introduce better deadlines and avoid confusion. The new roadmap's coming in the next few days.

As always, don't hesitate to leave feedback, or to drop by on any of our platforms: Facebook | Twitter | Reddit | Discord | Instagram | YouTube | Steam store page

Avalon awaits!

4d9d3bfa2c8dbac65be7269b66a086fb_original.jpg

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
They brought back Balin & Balan! At the same time! Fuck yes!.

I might have to buy this now. I was gonna wait until it was done, I never buy games before they're done, but this game looks fucking awesome.

Edit: Also - what language are the developers speaking?.

deama

Prophet
Version 0.0.4, geeze, got a long way to go...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom