Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

SMT: Nocturne

Smoker

Scholar
70 bux to get Donte wtf

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
lol yeah no 70 bucks for this

noctrune is a fine game but when you can have more or less the same effect using graphical setting and filter in a PS 2 emu this price point isn't even half worth it. Not to mention people who want this to begin with probably already play it to death in PS2. I would like to see how the VA is but at 70 bucks I will be waiting for 50% discount.

At the very least P4G gold can be argued to be released at this price point instead because Vita emulation doesn't exist and P4G is like base game + expansion pack for the PS 2 game. Noctrune HD has nothing going for it to justify this price

flyingjohn

Arcane
Let me guess:
-Denuvo
-Shit performance
-No mod support
-Requiring windows 8/10 yet the minimum gpu is dx11
-Overpriced

Wirdschowerdn

Ph.D. in World Saving
Patron

upyours.png

Derringer

Prophet
I have no idea why people beg for ports for games from low-effort public stock companies that are readily emulatable. Sega is braindead retarded though, supports romhacks but doesn't want anyone to actually support their newer releases let alone ports unless it's Yakuza. Even the Yakuza ports released a few months ago don't need fucking Windows 8.

grimace

Arcane
Are we understanding the reason for the price correctly?

Are we paying for a cast of voice actors to speak their lines in English?

Is voice acting necessary? Are we willing to pay for it?

Vorark

Erudite
Voice acting sort of ruins the minimalistic approach the game has to everything not related to gameplay. God forbid having to read just a couple of lines...

Are we understanding the reason for the price correctly?
Another step in the insidious conspiracy from the anti SMT coalition infesting FATLUS and Sega "this overpriced low effort port didn't sell as much as P4G port guess people really don't want SMT games, here have another Persona dancing game lol ¯\_(ツ)_/¯"

Adding pricing for VO was just a diversion to distract people from their true intentions.

Momock

Augur
Did they, at least, correct the cutscenes so they feet the 16/9 format (as in "no 4/3 Conception")?

CyberModuled

Savant
Happy to see on Steam it's seemingly bombing (never thought I'd say that about a SMT game on PC but here we are I guess). Didn't even break Top 50 Global Bestsellers on pre-order announcement day in both Western and Asian times and now requires a fuckton of scrolling down on the list for it to load more games to even see it. Even niche DRPG stuff like the Sapphire Wings/SoSC release is higher on that list now. It'll probably spike a bit once it's officially "out" but once the initial launch "hype" ends, it'll drop down almost immediately (which probably is going to push for them to make it on sale sooner).

Also I might've already mentioned before, but one advantage of it using Unity is the fact that Denuvo is most likely a non-issue. In the scenario where ATLUS/SEGA don't accidentally release the drm-free exe for the third time like P4G and P5S, people are likely going to bypass Denuvo within release time because all it really requires is a modified .dll file. Makes it more ironic that SEGA were the ones who learned the hard way about it with Two Point Hospital years ago and had to officially remove it less than a week after launch. Only way this doesn't happen is if Denuvo has done something to make sure they changed how their DRM works with Unity but given that there hasn't really been another game that has used it since while using Unity, I doubt it.

https://www.pcgamesinsider.biz/news...rom-two-point-hospital-six-days-after-launch/

Puukko

Arcane

The end of Hardtype low level, probably the hardest version of the game anyone has beat. Watching Arahabaki hang on through half the game has been great.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
so weird with yakuza (before 7) sega was great with their regional pricing. Y0, kiwami 1 and 2 even if 2 was a bit high, it was still on the tolerable spectrum of the price considering the breadth of content these games offer.

after y7 they just jump out the window with their pricing and give non US/western european residents no mercy.

Jinn

Arcane
Oh, don't get me wrong. I'll absolutely be purchasing this day one without a doubt, though probably off of Greenman for something closer to $40 I'd imagine. No way I'd pass up voting with my money in at least some way on this one.

The way I see it is if we're trying to get modern releases of SMT games on PC, they're going to be doing those at full price anyway, so I'm not really helping to set a precedent that wouldn't be there already. And if that means an extra $10-20, I honestly don't give a fuck.

I understand the regional pricing is bullshit and that a lot of you are in financial situations where a purchase like this would be a great burden, and I feel for you. That's just not the case for me, so I'll gladly pay $40-50 for one of my favorite RPGs of all time to finally arrive in its rightful place on PC. Hopefully with some other great titles to follow.

Duraframe300

Arcane
Happy to see on Steam it's seemingly bombing (never thought I'd say that about a SMT game on PC but here we are I guess). Didn't even break Top 50 Global Bestsellers on pre-order announcement day in both Western and Asian times and now requires a fuckton of scrolling down on the list for it to load more games to even see it. Even niche DRPG stuff like the Sapphire Wings/SoSC release is higher on that list now. It'll probably spike a bit once it's officially "out" but once the initial launch "hype" ends, it'll drop down almost immediately (which probably is going to push for them to make it on sale sooner

Reality:

Game bombed because it is a full priced low-effort port-job coupled with shitty marketing.

Atlus:

Clearly PC Gamers don’t care about SMT. Shut it down.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom