Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Heck, you can just do a 2 turn spell combo with Blade Lash.
I think Blade Lash is not in the unmodded Kingmaker, and I do not use mods that change the mechanics.
Eh well see IMO Kingmaker changes Pathfinder mechanics because you're missing things... A lot of things. Like. Most of it.

On the other hand, maybe they balanced the lack of parts sufficiently?

I dunno, to each their own.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Anyways Magus guide I read specifically talked about and sample builded a Maneuver Magus based on True Strike.

And those CMBs have Arcana. In a way I was going down that build but wasn't really paying attention to maneuver part, despite the title. right htere. Too bad no Mage Hand for us

Ilyara Bladesong, Maneuver Magus
Str 8, Dex 19, Con 14, Int 14, Wis 9, Cha 8. Increase dexterity every 4th level.

Tactics: The Magus is one of the best classes in the game at using maneuvers. You'll be hitting
high CMD values using True Strike, and use your various defensive buffs to avoid the OAs. In
addition, this build has several good debuffs available, and can use Unseen Servant to pick up
disarmed weapons.

Arcana

3. Wand Wielder

4. Hex: Flight (archetype)

6. Flamboyant Arcana

7. Hex: Misfortune (feat)

9. Hasted Assault

12. Major Hex: Agony

13. Maneuver Mastery: Trip (feat)

15. Maneuver Mastery: Disarm; Reflection (feat)

18. Grand Hex: Abominate

19. Quickened Magic (feat)

Feats

1. Weapon Finesse

3. Dervish Dance

5. Enforcer; Rime Spell

7. Extra Arcana

9. Lunge

11. Dimensional Agility; Combat Reflexes

13. Extra Arcana

15. Extra Arcana

17. Artful Dodge; Redirect Attack

19. Extra Arcana

Spells Prepared

0. Brand, Daze, Mage Hand

1. Frostbite, Magic Missile, True Strike, Vanish

2. Bladed Dash, Mirror Image, Pilfering Hand, Rime Spell Frostbite

3. Dispel Magic, Displacement, Greater Magic Weapon, Storm Step

4. Dimension Door, Greater Invisibility, Shield of Dawn

5. Dimensional Blade, Greater Bladed Dash, Wall of Force

6. Greater Dispel Magic, True Seeing
I don't like to copy and paste so I probably just grabbed some ideas and forgot about it.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Reporting back, nope no TWF on Alchie bombs, maybe that is how that guy like things GMed. Ridiculously ridiculous itself, Fast BOmb and Rapid Shot. I don't even have Manyshot yet. (Grenadier Jubie, archer)

Is Vicious Stomp in this game? Lemme seee.....

Yep thanks to COTW

AND Vicious stomp: Whenever an opponent falls prone adjacent to you, that opponent provokes an attack of opportunity from you. This attack must be an unarmed strike.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Eh well see IMO Kingmaker changes Pathfinder mechanics because you're missing things... A lot of things. Like. Most of it.
Well, I consider any table top system only as it is implemented in computer games. I have not played and will not play at the table. So as a reference guide and may be as the source of ideas it is useful, but beside that - not much.

To each his own indeed.

Fronder

Novice
Just killed Spawn of Rovagug + Xelliren for the very first time (lvl 16, before entering Pitax city). Jesus, how much HP does this thing have on unfair? All my inspection checks failed :lol:

It took me about 15 attempts, but in the end I've just managed to kill it faster than it killed me. Is there any strategy to withstand his damage on unfair? Or "alpha-strike" is the only viable tactic (without mercs)? I don't think I've managed to survive even until round 10 in all of my attempts :roll:

Yosharian

Arcane
Just killed Spawn of Rovagug + Xelliren for the very first time (lvl 16, before entering Pitax city). Jesus, how much HP does this thing have on unfair? All my inspection checks failed :lol:

It took me about 15 attempts, but in the end I've just managed to kill it faster than it killed me. Is there any strategy to withstand his damage on unfair? Or "alpha-strike" is the only viable tactic (without mercs)? I don't think I've managed to survive even until round 10 in all of my attempts :roll:
Use a mod that increases the XP curve =)

Fronder

Novice
Well, out of curiosity I've replayed the fight with the same party, but slightly different spells, buffs (+ resist cold) and items. Killed it really fast on the first try with almost no damage taken. Pic https://i.imgur.com/2j9B3gH.jpg

Honestly, I've spent more time stubbornly trying to kill those 6 mandragora swarms with my 5 melees at the previous level :lol:

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Alpha Charge got him in a round with Outflank crit chain (?). That does get boring after awhile. When you can do this kind of damage everything does:

First Fatecrit.jpg

Shad’s right.

Does Crane Wing still function with a shield?

Doesn’t really come up. Shield turns off WIS/CHR to AC.

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Man, True Sight + Arcana Powered Arrow is maybe a stronger (guaranteed) assassination like Magic Missile.

Seriously, that's always in my pocket if they somehow have 2% hp left. Because an enemy at 2% can still hurt me, a dead one can't. (That's why you isolate+outnumber and focus fire. One dead enemy is better than two half-alive ones)

Desiderius

Patron
Things got broken at level 11:

BustedKnight.jpg

And that's unbuffed.

HurtfulSwordlord.jpg

Shatter Confidence acts like Cornugan Smash on a Disarm (or crit with 17-20 crit range) then Hurtful gives you a free attack in addition to the one you got with Disarming Strike. In CotW (and Wrath) Disarm is an attack replacement instead of a Standard Action so now at full BAB level 11 you've got three attacks left (Hasted from Vi's Celerity). All this while playing defense (taking away a weapon and debuffing) and generating team offense (AoOs from mob attacking unarmed). Putting this one on hold to build a good Dragon Disciple.

YoungDragon.jpg

Bringing along an Arrowsong Minstrel and a Skald.

Harmoizer3Mend.jpg

Planar Harmonizer Occultist for Heals and Summons and Conjuration Spells.

lvl3Tactician.jpg

Tactical Leader Inquisitor to turn on Coordinated Shot (and later Enfilading Shot) when needed as here against the 3rd level killer. Caught us with our pants down unbuffed and not even songs up. The Shot Feats need someone in melee who has them but they have ranged prereqs. A real puzzler when you're trying to go without a pet as here. Final member of the group is the Storm Druid some idiot was asking about.

Dragon Style.jpg

If you're going to have a Dragon Disciple you've got to have these, right Pink Eye?

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
LMAO... Speccing out a Undead Lord Cleric... Decide to check over at the Hunter area... Yes... Divine Hunter/Primal Companion on Jaethal's Corpse Companion. DR5/Good (just dipping those 3 levels). Got the extra reach and natural armor E.P.s (from Primal Companion archetype). Also free Outflank.

Edit: Oh shit. The Hunter levels actually stack with my Cleric levels for the companion. I could just go full hunter with this undead corpse that i can throw all my best gear on. (Or heck a Ranger with Boon. Yeah I dont even have Boon right now. In other words, I'm level 1 cleric/3 hunter, and my corpse companion is level 4!)

Edit: Decided to just go Mad Dog Barbarian all the way down. No need for Boon. The corpse companion actually grows in size. lmao

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
How high can you get its AC?
I'll have to report back later, I'm in Varnhold right now.

He's essentially an animal companion with two differences:
1. It autolevels, you can't choose feats for it and I don't think it gets feats. Its "class" screen shows the typical +1Str/+1Dex every so levels. So not even Power Attack. I only have Outflank from my 3 levels of Hunter. (I decided to go Mad Dog for the rest of the levels because his handler is melee and she wanted full BAB. Oh and that should give him Trip.)
2. It has a shitload of equipment slots open, so I'll have to gear him up before we see his power and AC.

In fact, the question should be... How much damage can he do? Because he's proficient with all Martial Weapons. Using the Extinguisher right now. Also, he can go full speed with any armor on.

My main worry right now is that his HP is quite low. He's already got the +4 CHA from the hat (again, cha = HP for undead). IIRC "Dog" has higher HP. Of course now I need another CHA hat for Jaethal...

Also the textures are fine if you grab the NPC HQ textures mod. I was just too lazy to load it in until this lol.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Things got broken at level 11:

View attachment 18602

And that's unbuffed.

View attachment 18603

Shatter Confidence acts like Cornugan Smash on a Disarm (or crit with 17-20 crit range) then Hurtful gives you a free attack in addition to the one you got with Disarming Strike. In CotW (and Wrath) Disarm is an attack replacement instead of a Standard Action so now at full BAB level 11 you've got three attacks left (Hasted from Vi's Celerity). All this while playing defense (taking away a weapon and debuffing) and generating team offense (AoOs from mob attacking unarmed). Putting this one on hold to build a good Dragon Disciple.

View attachment 18604

Bringing along an Arrowsong Minstrel and a Skald.

View attachment 18605

Planar Harmonizer Occultist for Heals and Summons and Conjuration Spells.

View attachment 18606

Tactical Leader Inquisitor to turn on Coordinated Shot (and later Enfilading Shot) when needed as here against the 3rd level killer. Caught us with our pants down unbuffed and not even songs up. The Shot Feats need someone in melee who has them but they have ranged prereqs. A real puzzler when you're trying to go without a pet as here. Final member of the group is the Storm Druid some idiot was asking about.

View attachment 18607

If you're going to have a Dragon Disciple you've got to have these, right Pink Eye?
Yeah from what I hear, Intimidate is dangerously dangerously powerful. Well, from what I've played also. Definitely Cornugon Smash on anybody that uses Power Attack. Doesn't matter what my intimidate stats are if I'm making a roll every single time I attack heh. Dreadful Carnage is just mean. Dazzling Display -> Shatter Defenses seems to be another common one. Don't forget Rake and Thug. The most common one seems to be the "Enforcer" feat, but that's not in game.

BTW you can give anybody these feats via Ranger Styles (which you can also get through Slayer traits). I had Nok-Nok power attacking + cornugon smashing as a thug for a bit before I switched him over to Eldritch Scoundrel/Knife Master, as I wanted to try someone else at Slayer. Hm.. damn I keep forgetting to bring a second stealth character so I have one accompanying Nok-Nok attacking from the shadows. Seriously, lol, last night I had invisible Nok-Nok scouting around Varnhold stockade, then hid behind a building, started the fight from the front door and then went opportunity rose.. Nok-Nok SMASH. Kinda funny seeing a guy explode after stabbing him with a Kukri. (I'm testing if Knife Master + Accomplished Sneak Attacker will counteract the loss of Sneak Attacks from Eldritch Scoundrel. Not merely for sneak attacking but for flanking in general. So far, level 10, it's not knife-master damage but it's still as effective as a base Rogue or, well, Slayer.)

The Teamwork Feats might be a trap. I've been playing around with them, perused guides.. the problem isn't that they are ineffective, but that they in fact limit your positioning choices and do not give enough effectiveness in return... and there are many feats competing for a slot. Solo tactics seem the best use of teamwork feats. Second best is one of the tactician archetypes in Cavalier or Paladin that give you a constant aura for teamwork without per-days. But we don't have that lol.

Desiderius

Patron
Jesus Holic is threatening to ban me if I report one more bug (he usually fixes the things I report after yelling at me).

Is everyone losing their minds? Looks like he’s a TBer so that could explain it.

Parabalus

Arcane
Jesus Holic is threatening to ban me if I report one more bug (he usually fixes the things I report after yelling at me).

Is everyone losing their minds? Looks like he’s a TBer so that could explain it.

The other mod on his github is truly something

Baldurs-gate-dnd-3.5 v2.16.5
This is a WeiDu mod for BG:Enhanced edition and BG2:Enhanced edition that changes 2ed ADnD rules to DnD 3.5 with some elements taken from Pathfinder.
It changes game mechanics (i.e. classes, spells, abilities, etc...) to that of 3.5 edition (to the extent that game engine allows).

Looks dead though.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

The other mod on his github is truly something

Baldurs-gate-dnd-3.5 v2.16.5
This is a WeiDu mod for BG:Enhanced edition and BG2:Enhanced edition that changes 2ed ADnD rules to DnD 3.5 with some elements taken from Pathfinder.
It changes game mechanics (i.e. classes, spells, abilities, etc...) to that of 3.5 edition (to the extent that game engine allows).

Looks dead though.
https://forums.beamdog.com/discussion/66842/mod-dnd-3-5-rules-in-bg-ee-and-bg2-ee-v-2-0

Jesus fuck. I knew about this, it's in EETtool now, did not know it was Holic ffs.

Edit: That is, I had visited that post before according to my History.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, at least Holic can program in C# and use disassembled memory dumps. I tried to mod additional messages to the log and dropped it after reading the dnSpy output.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Yep, it's his. Rosanne already has it in the load order in EET Tool. Edit: And m7multikit is very new. So. lol

BG2EET Load Order said:
STD;m7multikit;10;12;0001;
STD;m7multikit;11;12;0001;
STD;m7multikit;13;12;0001;
SUB;subrace;0;12;1111;
SUB;subrace;0?1_1;12;1111;
SUB;subrace;0?1_2;12;0000;
STD;3ed;0;09;0000;
STD;3ed;1;09;0000;
STD;3ed;2;09;0000;
STD;3ed;3;09;0000;
STD;3ed;4;09;0000;
STD;3ed;5;09;0000;
STD;3ed;6;09;0000;
STD;3ed;7;09;0000;
STD;3ed;8;09;0000;
STD;3ed;9;09;0000;
STD;3ed;10;09;0000;
STD;3ed;11;09;0000;
STD;3ed;12;09;0000;
STD;3ed;13;09;0000;
STD;3ed;14;09;0000;
MUC;A7-NPCGenerator;Init;07;0000;
MUC;A7-NPCGenerator;4;07;0000;
STD;zzzz;9;13;0000;
ANN;Added due to patching

3ed.ini said:
[Mod]
Name=Baldur`s Gate DnD 3.5 (New)
Rev=GitHub Latest Release
Type=E
Link=https://github.com/Holic75/Baldurs-gate-dnd-3.5
Down=https://github.com/Holic75/Baldurs-gate-dnd-3.5/archive/2.16.5.zip
Save=Baldurs-gate-dnd-3.5-2.16.5.zip
Size=2481883
Tra=EN:0

[WeiDU-EN]
@0=Classes and their abilities descriptions and changes
@1=Feats
@2=Equipment overhaul
@3=Spell modifications
@4=New spells and spell redistribution
@5=Spontaneous casting
@6=Ranger and Druid animal companion
@7=Racial enemies
@8=Creatures regularization
@9=Level up by one level per pass
@10=More powerful enemies
@11=Point buy system
@12=Update NPCs
@13=Rest once in 8 hours
@14=Free scrolls for arcane casters at level up
Tra=0

[Description]
Mod-EN=This is a WeiDu mod for BG:Enhanced edition and BG2:Enhanced edition that changes 2ed ADnD rules to DnD 3.5 with some elements taken from Pathfinder. It changes game mechanics (i.e. classes, spells, abilities, etc...) to that of 3.5 edition (to the extent that game engine allows). WARNING - The mod compatibility with any other tweak mods is not verified.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom