Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

John Keel

Savant
But white is a good supporting color for prestigious decks :(

Tho it's true it doesnt have any crazy staples in historic bare a few sideboard cards, the only "one" is wrath of god ?
Which is going to get BTFO by supreme verdict once it hits mtga

John Keel

Savant
Did a faggot youtuber release a video for historic Hammer time decks recently ?

I've noticed a huge surge in hammer + resolute strike decks today whereas it was non-existent before

Jason Liang

Arcane
I did play one today, but I've seen it before as well.

It seems much worse and much less popular than Storm Herald decks.

John Keel

Savant
Before it was juste noise, I've probably seen it 3-4 times in 6+ months, I've faced it 8 times today, and got OTK twice lolz

Not salty, as it's a garbage (but funny) deck, just the odds of seeing it so much in such a short period probably means someone puts the spotlight on it

Stormherald is even rarer no ? I don't think I've faced it more than once in histo, and I probably have close to 1k game in histo

Jason Liang

Arcane
I've hit Storm Herald a few times every week.

Since I'm playing full sets of Thoughtseizes and Kitesails, I get to see the pieces even if it doesn't go off. You might have hit them and not seen it because they bricked.

John Keel

Savant
they're pretty easy to spot tho, usually they cathar reunion t2, not much GRx, except neoform combo an I play either tseize or elspeth nightmare so I get to get a look at their hands pretty often ( on top of valky, but valky is garbo in histo)

Huh, in an extreme rarity I actually drafted a damn good mono color deck. Doing my single draft of the month for my welfare packs and started leaning toward doing Boros aggro, then I saw the red cards were shit and cut them for marginally less-shit more white and it's been solid. Lot of boasting and then a few good beaters like the spirit that summons 1/1s with flying on your second cast per turn, and those angels you can exile a card from graveyard to cast for 2 mana. On top of that I got the 2 mana anthem rare and most of my deck is warriors so it all stacks up rather well. Have to apologize to Luka for playing wh*te but such is life in limited. Managed to haul my ass back up into gold for limited, torn between scrapping the run or continuing for max gems. The reason to scrap would be to sandbag my limited rating so I can steal people's lunch money in high roller limited when the new set hits which seems to work quite well.

Also managed to pull 5 rares from the draft which was surprising given the AI should be raredrafting itself now. Admittedly most of them were garbage that got passed to me, but what the hell. Also got my fourth fucking quakebringer so I feel guilt about ignoring giants.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
wanted to share my new shiny amazing grixis sorcery pile

Deck
2 Dragonskull Summit (XLN) 252
4 Sulfur Falls (DAR) 247
4 Steam Vents (GRN) 257
2 Beacon Bolt (GRN) 154
4 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
4 Drowned Catacomb (XLN) 253
4 Arclight Phoenix (GRN) 91
4 Pillar of Flame (JMP) 355
2 Crash Through (AKR) 149
4 Invade the City (WAR) 201
4 Chart a Course (JMP) 142
4 Watery Grave (GRN) 259
4 Collected Conjuring (MH1) 196
2 Roil Eruption (ZNR) 155
2 Duress (M19) 94
4 Thoughtseize (AKR) 127
2 Thought Erasure (GRN) 206
4 Discovery // Dispersal (GRN) 223

aka drop your fav grixis sorceries up to 3 mana and have fun. Might have missed some spells, fitting in 60 cards is hard with this

EDIT: mission briefing is hard to evaluate in here :/

Jason Liang

Arcane
Can you Discovery//Dispersal off of Collected Conjuring?

Also 12 shocklands + a set of Thoughtseizes is a lot of self-abuse:/

Jason Liang

Arcane

Jason Liang

Arcane
mtga-2021-027.jpg

An ironic reward...

John Keel

Savant
If you have it x4 you can build the infinite combo deck with thassa oracle & the legendary UG shapeshifter o//

Scruffy

Ex-janitor
Patron
Codex 2012 Torment: Tides of Numenera Codex USB, 2014
If, like me, you enjoy monoblack control, I am having fun with this

Deck
4 Mazemind Tome (M21) 232
3 Cosmos Elixir (KHM) 237
4 Duress (M19) 94
2 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241
4 Bloodchief's Thirst (ZNR) 94
3 Agonizing Remorse (THB) 83
3 Heartless Act (IKO) 91
3 Liliana, Waker of the Dead (M21) 108
4 Solemn Simulacrum (M21) 239
4 Extinction Event (IKO) 88
2 Massacre Wurm (M21) 114
9 Snow-Covered Swamp (KHM) 281
10 Snow-Covered Swamp (KHM) 280
3 Faceless Haven (KHM) 255
2 Elspeth's Nightmare (THB) 91

p.s.: you can switch Liliana for Ugin if you are so inclined. That, of course, makes you a horrible person for playing Ugin.

Last edited:

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
That mono black looks strong. I lost to a brutal trick yesterday, this guy is basically an instant win because he brings out enough to do about 40+ damage instantly.

cf0f58ac-88ef-445c-a12b-0bb1cf482298.jpg

I was tempted to make it because it only costs 1 more than the ultimatums but it mostly guarantees a win, unlike the Ultimatums that still need time/luck to pay off. But I decided not to cuz it is easy to disrupt. And the rest of the deck was kinda weak. Although he didn't do mono red, it was 3 colors which let him kill a lot of my stuff and survive to turn 8.

Gyor

Savant
I threw a green white deck together for on the edge festival and to make shock its doing AMAZING, I just threw stuff into it not expecting much. I may repurpose it later for a standard deck.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
Scruffy clackbridge, like in this historic contraption
Deck
4 Massacre Wurm (M21) 114
4 Clackbridge Troll (ELD) 84
4 Blood Artist (JMP) 206
4 Thoughtseize (AKR) 127
4 Dragonskull Summit (XLN) 252
5 Swamp (ANB) 116
4 Blood Crypt (RNA) 245
2 Phyrexian Tower (JMP) 493
4 Rampaging Ferocidon (XLN) 154
4 Dowsing Dagger (XLN) 235
4 Trespasser's Curse (AKR) 129
3 Shock (ANB) 84
1 Shock (M21) 159
2 Grim Lavamancer (JMP) 331
3 Lightning Strike (JMP) 152
1 Lightning Strike (M19) 152
5 Mountain (ANB) 114
2 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241

Jason Liang

Arcane
I threw a green white deck together for on the edge festival and to make shock its doing AMAZING, I just threw stuff into it not expecting much. I may repurpose it later for a standard deck.
In Historic, Mirari's Wake into World Tree is pretty sweet.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom