Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What Game Should I Play Next?

Supermedo

Augur
After completing Underrail I decided to take break from cRPGs and play a short game (It was Resident Evil Revelation 2) which I finished and I want to play RPG game next.

My problem is I'm having decision paralysis and I don't know what to play next, because RPGs is on average 60 hours commitment I couldn't choose what to play next.

I know there a lot of games that aren't RPGs but that is GoG Galaxy filter, I also hidden the games that I completed this year and don't plan to play them any time soon.

qT5Gnma.jpg

eS7dKgK.jpg

uBdkxlE.jpg

EGnaYiS.jpg

v1rus

Arcane
Patho 2

Its not short, and its not lite, but you should play Patho 2. Always.

Falksi

Arcane
That's a fine collection, not many you can go wrong with.

Personally I'd go either Deus Ex: The Conspiracy or Morrowind, with possibly X-Com or Hard West as a side-serving to break things up.

Supermedo

Augur

Personally I'd go either Deus Ex: The Conspiracy or Morrowind, with possibly X-Com or Hard West as a side-serving to break things up.
I don't know how many times I played Morrowind and didn't finish it, always something happens in real life and I leave the game in the other hand I have over 200 hours for X-Com2 and I never finished the first one.

Take I am not a Monster for a spin.
It is quite unique puzzle-tactics game with 50s scifi-movie presentation.

Holy Shit, I got the game from humble bundle and it was multiplayer only and the game was basically dead when I tried it, now I see that the devs has added single player campaign.

Arcanum.

Oh. Nevermind.

Eh, I'm story/C&C fag so I'm cool with it.

Gregz

Arcane
Depending what type of cRPG you want to play next, these are all excellent:

Deus Ex
Arcanum
Divine Divinity
Shadowrun: Dragonfall
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Wasteland
Wizardry 8
X COM: Enemy Unknown

Essential games I didn't see in your library:

Knights of the Chalice 1
Jagged Alliance 2

Zlaja

Arcane
Since you bought Arcania, you should certainly play that one. You deserve to suffer for your sins.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected

I don't know how many times I played Morrowind and didn't finish it, always something happens in real life and I leave the game in the other hand I have over 200 hours for X-Com2 and I never finished the first one.

Take I am not a Monster for a spin.
It is quite unique puzzle-tactics game with 50s scifi-movie presentation.

Holy Shit, I got the game from humble bundle and it was multiplayer only and the game was basically dead when I tried it, now I see that the devs has added single player campaign.

Arcanum.

Oh. Nevermind.

Eh, I'm story/C&C fag so I'm cool with it.
the joke
|
|
|
\/
you

On topic - nice collection, play VtMB.

Edit -
role playing game game

SumDrunkGuy

What should I play next?

Cyberpunk 2077 or...

Borderlands 3?

It's one or the other. I'd rather keep playing Conan but it pissed me off so I'm taking a break. It's gotta be a scifi ARPG with shooting.

SumDrunkGuy

What should I play next?

Cyberpunk 2077 or...

Borderlands 3?

It's one or the other. I'd rather keep playing Conan but it pissed me off so I'm taking a break. It's gotta be a scifi ARPG with shooting.
Why only those options?
Because I started both and didn't get far in either one. Also they are sitting on my entertainment center so I just have to get up and walk forward a bit to grab them. My other games are in the other room.

I guess I'll throw in Shadows: Awakening as an option. I never finished that either and it's right in front of me.

JDR13

Arcane
Cyberpunk isn't bad in its present state. It's still not the game we hoped to get, but there's fun to be had there. I'd definitely play that over any Borderlands game.

Bigg Boss

Arcane

ADL

Prophet
Age of Decadence
Insomnia is worth a playthrough. I'm a big fan of the weird 3D isometric camera perspective. Only thing I can compare it to is "O.D.T (Or Die Trying)" for Playstation.
Kenshi
Kingdom Come Deliverance GOATAY
Jagged Alliance 2
Neverwinter Nights custom modules or even the persistent world servers are worth checking out
Pathologic 2
Titan Quest is getting expansions 15 years after it originally released and I've heard good things about them
The Surge 2 is right under Bloodborne as my favorite Souls game
Tower of Time
Warhammer Inquisitor Martyr+Prophecies
Assassin's Creed Origins is extremely underrated with the DLC expansions and a lot of fun can be had in Black Desert for free which is how I assume you got it.

Additionally I'd recommend Solasta (RPG). Last Epoch (aRPG) too if you're willing to touch early access. Otherwise put it on your wishlist and take a look at it from time to time.
Cyberpunk isn't bad in its present state.
I'd actually recommend it with mods because there's some pretty substantial overhauls out there that can sort of mimic the game people wanted but not on consoles.

Bigg Boss

Arcane
I really hate how autistic this place is sometimes. Sure Baldur's Gate is not pretty good. It's great. I say that while disliking Dungeons and Dragons and fantasy in general. Neverwinter Nights is good just due to the modding tools keeping it alive all these years. Sure you and I do not like it but plenty of people do and I would rather they play Neverwinter than Skyrim which is probably what most people on this forum are playing right now.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom