Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
Lead gameplay responsible is out.

ferratilis

Magister
He literally worked on the worst parts of the game (excluding all the bugs)
  • Senior Gameplay Designer
    mar 2020 – obecnie1 rok 1 miesiąc

Warszawa, Woj. Mazowieckie, Polska

Cyberpunk 2077
    - Implementing skills & perks
    - Creating pipeline for balancing the game and economy
    - Helping balance the game and economy
    - Working closely with UI team on various screens & panels - inventory, character progression, crafting, cyberware,

• Lead Gameplay Designer - RPG
    lip 2019–20212 lata

Warszawa, woj. mazowieckie, Polska

Cyberpunk 2077
    - Leading team of 3 designers
    - Working closely with other designers in merging and introducing RPG mechanics and elements into various features - guns, netrunning
    - High level design and implementation of crafting system based on vision provided by Gameplay Director
    - Improving pipelines between content and design team
    - Improving and executing the pipelines between artists and design team - clothing, cyberware

• RPG Coordinator
    paź 2018–lip 201910 mies.

Warszawa, woj. mazowieckie, Polska

Cyberpunk 2077
    - Coordinated team of 2 designers in developing core RPG features
    - Worked closely with programmers on expanding existing pipelines of creating data structures for stats, status effects, items
    - Worked with artists on assets creation pipeline required to deliver gameplay features - clothing system, cyberware

"See you around"

I fucking hope not.

Thal

Augur
Does anyone know how many people from Witcher 1 or even 2 remain in key design roles in the company?

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
Very few. Lot of people that worked on the first Witcher went on to become prominent people in the industry, almost all of them far away from CDP. In a lot of articles, interviews and conversations about working in the company they had a lot of negative things to say about their bosses and the working conditions. Supposedly, Iwiński could really take the wind out of them when they were proud of the results of a hard day's work.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Lead gameplay responsible is out.

One of four lead gameplay designers...

index.php

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Those ads for the patch stuff are just sad.

I have to say though, I'm getting a vague hankering to be in Night City again. I played the game for over a hundred hours, so I must have liked something about it :)

I think I will wait for a while until there have been some more substantial patches, though, and more mods.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Very few. Lot of people that worked on the first Witcher went on to become prominent people in the industry, almost all of them far away from CDP. In a lot of articles, interviews and conversations about working in the company they had a lot of negative things to say about their bosses and the working conditions. Supposedly, Iwiński could really take the wind out of them when they were proud of the results of a hard day's work.
Adam Badowski who is the big bad now was the one responsible for pushing Witcher 1 out of the door and its not like being an old fart is some recipe for a great game did you faggots learn nothing from kickstarter nostalgia baiting?

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
"Fiut" means "prick". Rather unfortunate last name, but given the kind of game they made, I'd say he well deserves it.

Adam Badowski who is the big bad now was the one responsible for pushing Witcher 1 out of the door and its not like being an old fart is some recipe for a great game did you faggots learn nothing from kickstarter nostalgia baiting?
Those are the two founders. I don't suppose Badowski was innocent of the atmosphere the leadership created in the company then, and I don't think Iwiński is innocent now. Also where did I say something about being old? And I've never contributed to kickstarter, ever.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Also where did I say something about being old? And I've never contributed to kickstarter, ever.
I mean the general codex worship of old farts like Tim Cain or Avellone that didn't make anything good for the last 10 years. Games like Pillars of boredome or The outer trannies should be enough to wake up and realize that old gayme developers are as retarted as the new ones.

Takamori

Learned
- Working closely with other designers in merging and introducing RPG mechanics and elements into various features - guns, netrunning
- High level design and implementation of crafting system based on vision provided by Gameplay Director
- Improving pipelines between content and design team
- Improving and executing the pipelines between artists and design team - clothing, cyberware

Jesus fuck stay away from video games fucking hack, bet that faggot didn't even touch a single book of CP2022

Now who is the gameplay Director? Should fire him too

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
It is a bonus that they fired now, now they can actually get someone to fix the gameplay and inventory system.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Pre-release you had:

Badowski waxing lyrical about realtime global illumination*

Iwinski waxing about redefining loading screens**

*that cannot handle AO on its own even though it should therefore questionable, inherent weaksauce SSAO on medium gave me horrid microstuttering, until I found it and even industry mouthpiece digitalfoundry recommends LOW with ultra settings elsewhere,lmao

** then backtracked promptly citing "streaming" issues

Last edited:

Zer0wing

Cipher
Badowski waxing lyrical about realtime global illumination*
Seriously? Wasn't it just something probe-based? And low resolution to salt the wound? LPV and ISM exist for more than a decade ffs. Modern software paieets need to be fired en masse.
*that cannot handle AO on its own even though it should therefore questionable, SSAO medium gave me horrid microstuttering, until I found it and even industry mouthpiece digitalfoundry recommends LOW with ultra settings elsewhere, lmao
Dafug they need AO for if they have GI? Screen space even! Because it's a total fake that's why lmao. Badowski's public jizzing was a little bit premature.

tritosine2k

Erudite

Thats the thing, apparently they have 64^3, and VXAO / VXGI used to have 256^3.
But they "patched" it up with RTX and press lapped it up.
Let's not even get started how timeslotted probes are better than this continuous stuff.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
They should just go and fire everyone in any position of authority.

A fuckup as colossal as 2077 isn't the handiwork of one retard, but a concerned endeavour by a pack of shit-flinging chimps.

Zer0wing

Cipher
Thats the thing, apparently they have 64^3, and VXAO used to have 256^3.
Let's not even get started how timeslotted probes are better than this continuous stuff.
You're right, Cyberpunk's... everything from materials to cubemaps has such pitiful resolution it's hard to see what's really behind those weirdly behaving shinies.

Mafia Definitive Edition kinda does that but relies on cubemaps instead. Looks prettier to me and I heard artists didn't feel much pain in the ass while creating assets for that Mafia remake.

tritosine2k

Erudite
Thats the thing, apparently they have 64^3, and VXAO used to have 256^3.
You're right, Cyberpunk's... everything from materials to cubemaps has such pitiful resolution it's hard to see what's really behind those weirdly behaving shinies.

Mafia Definitive Edition kinda does that but relies on cubemaps instead. Looks prettier to me and I heard artists didn't feel much pain in the ass while creating assets for that Mafia remake.

Wanted to check that thanks for reminder, & yeah looks like CDPR "partner in crime" nvidia kinda made sure this will break on occasion.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

typical user

Arbiter
I am reserved on his departure. Was he fired or did he leave on his own? Was it caused by toxic atmosphere or bad reception of the systems he was responsible of? What exactly were his ideas?

I hope the criticism will make him better designer in the end. Cyberpunk 2077 is a good lesson for everyone who kept close tabs on it, from consumers, developers to investors.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom