Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Bloodborne. Discuss or die!

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
what we will probably get is a simple PC port at some point in the future

That's the best case scenario. After what they did to Demon Souls who the fuck wants a remaster. They fucked the music, they fucked the tone, they added random, pointless wokeness for no reason. Fuck them.

Reid

Novice
Playing this after playing Nioh is like being Quicksilver. Everything's in slow motion.

That's how it feels for me going back to any previous souls or souls-like after playing newer ones. I think they've got progressively harder for that reason or maybe I'm just better suited to slower more strategic gameplay

ADL

Prophet
It was supposed to be released at the end of the last year but covid fucked up shedule.
There were games that were confirmed to be pulled last minute at the PS5 reveal event that still haven't shown up six months later. Where there's smoke, there's typically fire and furthermore I don't think this was a mistake either.
3760198-sony.jpg

Yeah I certainly believe a guy who tweets garbage like this

Don't see the problem with that tweet. Microsoft has a hardware team and they'd be stupid to not investigate the possibility of putting out a Windows 10X device that would be intended for xCloud.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Imagining leads to disappointment. Don't do it kids. Stick to cold harsh reality so you minimize the chances of getting hurt.

Speaking of which:

Last edited:

Ventidius

Arbiter
I ran a Skill-build character for the first time a while back and it was great fun, but I gotta say, weapon progression feels really skewed for those builds. You certainly get what you need early on (Saw Spear, Saw Cleaver, Threaded Cane, they all can get the job done), but, unless you cheese (e.g. kill Eileen for BoM, which I did) there just doesn't seem like there are a lot of weapon options throughout early and mid game. And then, suddenly, you start getting showered with badass weapons in the DLC and endgame (Burial Balde, Rakuyo, Church Pick, Simon's Bowblade, etc).

Well, whatever, Skill builds are still a blast, and Rakuyo was such a joy to wield that I couldn't help myself from doing an NG+ run just so that I could use it against more bosses. Frankly, for a game that supposedly doesn't focus on builds or RPG elements, Bloodborne is curiously more fun to replay with different builds than most of the Souls games. Maybe the builds are not really that different from each other (though some DLC weapons really change that and add some more options for player expression), but they are distinct enough that playthroughs feel fresh, not to mention each playstyle is just fun.

Anyhow, I'm feeling the itch for another playthrough, despite the fact that I've been playing other (good) games. Bloodborne is just that good. However, I'm just not sure of what to go with this time. I've gone with Strength, Arcane, BT, and Skill so far, plus some others that IIRC were Quality-ish. Perhaps I'll go with Arcane Quality or an Arcane/Strength Logarius' Wheel build.

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Well, whatever, Skill builds are still a blast, and Rakuyo was such a joy to wield that I couldn't help myself from doing an NG+ run just so that I could use it against more bosses.
It's really a shame that like 50% of the weapons in the game are in the dlc, and the dlc is harder than all the content in the base game. If they make a pc port, I really hope they redistribute the dlc weapons over the main game.

Silva

Arcane
Anyhow, I'm feeling the itch for another playthrough, despite the fact that I've been playing other (good) games. Bloodborne is just that good. However, I'm just not sure of what to go with this time
Roleplay the game factions ? I.e: Powder Kegs' Stake Driver + Rifle Spear + that batman cape of theirs.

Ventidius

Arbiter
Anyhow, I'm feeling the itch for another playthrough, despite the fact that I've been playing other (good) games. Bloodborne is just that good. However, I'm just not sure of what to go with this time
Roleplay the game factions ? I.e: Powder Kegs' Stake Driver + Rifle Spear + that batman cape of theirs.

Not usually a fan of this kind of thing, but I will admit, an Executioner run could be fun, especially since I'm kind of interested in running a Logarius' Wheel build.

newtmonkey

Arcane
I started playing this a couple days ago on PS Now (I am not buying a PS4 for a single game). It's surprisingly playable. There is some minor input lag but it seems consistent so you can get used it quickly—I was able to beat the Cleric Beast on my third attempt with no problem, so the lag isn't too bad. It looks bad even when the connection is stable, but every once in a while will drop down to an even lower res if the connection is unstable. My connection is luckily pretty decent even over wi-fi, though I do get some buffering/frame skipping now and then (and in one case, a total crash).

I'll probably pay for PS Now for another month so I can complete this, but there is literally nothing else on the entire service that interests me.

So far it's a great game. I've got most of the first area explored with the Cleric Beast defeated, next step is to defeat Father Gascoigne I think (I didn't do very well my first attempt). The first area is pretty massive with tons to find and a bunch of shortcuts to unlock. If I had to complain, I guess I don't like how most of the loot you find is just consumables.

[Edit] My second attempt at Father Gascoigne went much better and I was able to defeat him. The input delay on PS Now is definitely noticeable (especially straight after playing Sekiro...), but it's a consistent delay so it's manageable. Recommended option for anyone who wants to play this "on PC" and has a decent connection.

Last edited:

ZQ8o

Barely Literate
Those are screenshots from one of Neogaf souls screenshot threads done with camera hacks.
Nope they aren't.

Why you people want to get beaten ?. One already got his portion but i see you want yours.
Neogaf thread from which i took pics. And i choose mostly at random because there are far more pics that are just as good if not better there.

Those two pics mentioned as "promotional material" are actually worse looking that most of other pics so i don't see where you even go with this. If you zoom in into those promotional pics you can see they are just as aliased as rest.
Fact is that BB looks better than both DS3 and Sekiro. I played it after DS3 and first thing i noticed was how better game looked just in first 15 minutes compared to DS3 and how much sharper textures were present.

BB has issues with framerate but it outputs 1080p native without fuckery, as long as you don't move you can take really nice picks.

Character creator is also miles above DS3 one:

JelGqj6.png

ACrkwCu.jpg

jzlhkkwimrx21.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Hi there can you plaese show how to make the third character or give the state of creation.

If I had to complain, I guess I don't like how most of the loot you find is just consumables.

The base game is like this, there's a lot less emphasis on loot/equipment, which I didn't think was a bad thing. In fact, with practically all games in the past 10-15 years having a randomized loot system of some kind, it's refreshing. I can't stand random loot in games anymore.

That said, they up the ante a lot in the Old Hunters DLC - the first area has practically more drops than the entire base game. Old Hunters is amazing, btw. Best bosses From has ever done IMO.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
If I had to complain, I guess I don't like how most of the loot you find is just consumables.

The base game is like this, there's a lot less emphasis on loot/equipment, which I didn't think was a bad thing. In fact, with practically all games in the past 10-15 years having a randomized loot system of some kind, it's refreshing. I can't stand random loot in games anymore.

That said, they up the ante a lot in the Old Hunters DLC - the first area has practically more drops than the entire base game. Old Hunters is amazing, btw. Best bosses From has ever done IMO.

I didn't like Orphan of Chaos. Maybe because is the only FROM boss I haven't been able to beat to this date.

Maybe I have to get gud, but found the camera atrocious for such a random, aggressive and mobile boss. When he starts jumping on the second phase is a pain to fight him, very cheap IMO.

It doesn't help is a 30 FPS game, and that you have to stop fighting him to grind for blood vials after a while, unlike DS which had estus flasks.

I think Bloodborne is the second Best Miyazaki game after DS1, but the removal of replenishable health items on death was a mistake. They removed one of the better game mechanics of the series.

Last edited:

Elwro

Arcane
Divinity: Original Sin Wasteland 2
Well, I love the game with all my heart, but I can't beat the chalice Rom. Whatever I do, eventually one of the spiders jumps at me from off the screen and oneshots me. It just stopped being fun.

ZQ8o

Barely Literate
Why you people want to get beaten ?. One already got his portion but i see you want yours.
Neogaf thread from which i took pics. And i choose mostly at random because there are far more pics that are just as good if not better there.

Those two pics mentioned as "promotional material" are actually worse looking that most of other pics so i don't see where you even go with this. If you zoom in into those promotional pics you can see they are just as aliased as rest.
Fact is that BB looks better than both DS3 and Sekiro. I played it after DS3 and first thing i noticed was how better game looked just in first 15 minutes compared to DS3 and how much sharper textures were present.

BB has issues with framerate but it outputs 1080p native without fuckery, as long as you don't move you can take really nice picks.

Character creator is also miles above DS3 one:

JelGqj6.png

ACrkwCu.jpg

jzlhkkwimrx21.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg
Can you show how to create the white hair character

Last edited by a moderator:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom