Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Tyranny + Bastard's Wound Expansion Thread

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
Tranny is the turd that just won't flush. It was riding the wave of woke girl power shit character writing, dialogue and setting. Its failure (or rather lack of impact) is no surprise and a blessing really. The only good things were the magic system and the amount of C&C they tried to implement.

Glen Cook would probably cry if he knew people were talking about Tranny in the same breath as his masterpieces, but I'm sure he has the good fortune to never even know about this abortion.

Considering there are people here still posting about FO4 (or worse, 76) and various other irrelevant shitheaps, it's less a matter of the turd not flushing and more one of the turd-ee refusing to flush.

Testownia

Tranny is the turd that just won't flush. It was riding the wave of woke girl power shit character writing, dialogue and setting. Its failure (or rather lack of impact) is no surprise and a blessing really. The only good things were the magic system and the amount of C&C they tried to implement.

Glen Cook would probably cry if he knew people were talking about Tranny in the same breath as his masterpieces, but I'm sure he has the good fortune to never even know about this abortion.

Are you the guy imbecile on 4chan constantly crying about that single "women and men" phrase in Tyranny? You pop up whenever the game is mentioned. Stop it.

Lhynn, you're a coomer, and nothing will ever change that.

A horse of course

Considering there are people here still posting about FO4 (or worse, 76) and various other irrelevant shitheaps, it's less a matter of the turd not flushing and more one of the turd-ee refusing to flush.

I'd rather replay Fallout 4 a thousand times than force myself through Tranny again.

Poseidon00

Arcane
Barik is loyal to you through the whole game, but throughout the game he warns you not to push him. In the end you can destroy everything he values and holds dear in life and his great retaliation is whining. Choice and consequences, so deep.

On most of my playthroughs I broke Barik so badly he refused to speak by the end of the game and essentially walked off to die in the ending. Lantry, Sirin, and to some extent Eb are the only decent companions.

jac8awol

Arbiter

Are you the guy imbecile on 4chan constantly crying about that single "women and men" phrase in Tyranny? You pop up whenever the game is mentioned. Stop it.

Lhynn, you're a coomer, and nothing will ever change that.

No idea what you're talking about, I assume 4chan is a tranny hookup bar you frequent but I'm glad to see there are others out there who don't leave the toilet seat down all the time in their own goddamn house.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
The only good things were the magic system and the amount of C&C they tried to implement.
And the bronze/iron age setting, the writing, the ability to commit genocide in the name of Kyros. It's a shame there's no options for a loyalist playthrough though.
All that said the game didn't fail because "muh girl power", it failed because it was a side gig compared to PoE, which was a monumentally larger failure, perhaps not financially, but in every other regard.

Poseidon00

Arcane
There's one question about this game that doesn't let me go: Bastard's wound - is it the wound caused by bastard, or wound caused to bastard?

It's a huge cavern system inside of the Bastard Tier, so it's like a "wound" to the bastard. Tyranny's many virtues do not include creative naming conventions.

guestposting

Educated
Women and men sounds terrible because it's not colloquial, though. Like Jerry and Tom, or suffering and pain, or Roses and Guns.

Isn’t that the whole point? Women and men sounds wrong—it’s discordant. That’s an efficient way to make a fictional culture seem alien without throwing in even more exposition. The Tiers have that pseudo-matriarchal thing going on.

Vormulak

Learned
Edgy

I'd rather replay Fallout 4 a thousand times than force myself through Tranny again.

>he actually played fallout 4

A horse of course

>he actually played fallout 4

yeah it was good

Fedora Master I admit not as good as Skyrim

Last edited by a moderator:

Drowed

Arcane
Honestly, I don't think Tyranny is a bad game, but instead, it is disappointing. The concept behind the game, the setting and the initial proposal had enormous potential. Tyranny's biggest offense is taking all that potential to deliver a mediocre result.

It's as if you were to prepare a Wagyu A5, and decide to dip it in a Hellmanns mustard sauce, and throw half the steak away. Not only is it a terrible waste, but you've ruined the opportunity to enjoy something amazing. It is almost heresy. Tyranny is a game that ended up being too cowardly to take the setting to its ultimate consequences, and was apparently cut in half. From what I remember from the time, the game would have twice as many chapters but ended up getting the axe. And being fair, since they weren't really utilizing the setting, I can't say it was a bad idea. At least you can finish the game in a weekend, you won't waste weeks of your life to have a disappointing experience in the end.

If you ignore the game for what it could (or should) have been and take it for what it is, I would say it is worth playing at least once.

Tigranes

Arcane
Yep. The game is an emotional roller-coaster, but only in the sense that the hopes and dreams you had for this game after the first hour gets dragged through the mud then spun out a helicopter. I'm glad they tried, but the game unraveled like a high school band where the drummer loses the beat thirty seconds in.

Combat I think is a different issue of no potential, just mediocrity, primarily because it wasn't tuned at all and you could just mash the buttons to victory on hardest difficulty, KOTOR style.

Vormulak

Learned
Edgy
Yep. The game is an emotional roller-coaster, but only in the sense that the hopes and dreams you had for this game after the first hour gets dragged through the mud then spun out a helicopter. I'm glad they tried, but the game unraveled like a high school band where the drummer loses the beat thirty seconds in.

In what way do you feel it unraveled? Personally I think it only got better with time, my main disappointment was in the lack of content and a clearly rushed ending. Choices in this game were varied and consequential, the quests could have been more open ended but ultimately I thought that they did a pretty solid job with the content that was in the game.

Testownia

https://twitter.com/Lord_Mandalore/status/1373060714005458946

Look, jac8awol, even Mandalore himself is talking about you.

Also, someone else already pointed it out under said post, but - funny that no one screams "sexism" that women are placed before men only in the context of being beaten into submission.

>caring about what plebbit e-celebs have to say

Using the term "plebbit" and a 4chan signature. Don't stay up too late, or your mom will yell at you, kiddo.

Infinitron Is "being a 4chan immigrant" a good reason to ban someone? Or do you actually WANT their retarded /pol/ mentality to seep into this place?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom