Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

Tigranes

Arcane
I dont care if they behead gypsies during lunch and flag the swastika in their offices, just get the game out and make it good and non-pozzed
people who care about devs are gay

Sadly, that seems to be the favourite pastime of half the Codex now, obsessing over who the devs are.

Proof is in the pudding. We'll see if KCD2 is any good. I personally doubt it, not because of some rando Glassdoor review, but because it's very difficult to hit the jackpot of open-world & good-looking game (=large teams & budgets) with strong, uncompromising design (e.g. the simulationist elements). It's very probable that KCD2 retains the former and dilutes the latter, leaning more towards a ren fair festival blockbuster. It's very improbable that KCD2 will be a more mechanically weighty game.

SoupNazi

I dont care if they behead gypsies during lunch and flag the swastika in their offices, just get the game out and make it good and non-pozzed
people who care about devs are gay

Sadly, that seems to be the favourite pastime of half the Codex now, obsessing over who the devs are.

Proof is in the pudding. We'll see if KCD2 is any good. I personally doubt it, not because of some rando Glassdoor review, but because it's very difficult to hit the jackpot of open-world & good-looking game (=large teams & budgets) with strong, uncompromising design (e.g. the simulationist elements). It's very probable that KCD2 retains the former and dilutes the latter, leaning more towards a ren fair festival blockbuster. It's very improbable that KCD2 will be a more mechanically weighty game.
Vavra definitely doesn't seem involved anymore (IF they are developing a game) - spends too much time on facecult and other venues, chasing that clout. That makes me feel like it will, in fact, lean towards a disney ride, IF a KCD2 is being developed at all. Maybe I'm underestimating the old dude - I hope I am.

mikaelis

Prophet
Patron
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
So, WTF THQ Nordic is brewing?

Gothic remake

Acquiring Warhorse Studio

(rercent!!!) New studio for RPG-RTS in Brno (Czechs and Mafia formers involved)

What is going on, where is Vavra in it and...

WHERE IS KCD2 and

where is the Battle of Tannenberg?

1200px-Jan_Matejko%2C_Bitwa_pod_Grunwaldem.jpg

or at least Kutna Hora?

Josef_Mathauser_-_%C5%BDi%C5%BEka_p%C5%99ed_Kutnou_Horou.jpg

:x

Smejki

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
We need someone to come up and share some news about KCD2. Im not in a rush, but its been 3 years since release and they surely must be working on the sequel. If so i cant imagine they would work more than 5 years on the title, since they already have the engine, and can reuse models. So 2023 is the date that KCD2 will be released -just in time after the cryptomania GPU shortages will subside.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
We need someone to come up and share some news about KCD2. Im not in a rush, but its been 3 years since release and they surely must be working on the sequel. If so i cant imagine they would work more than 5 years on the title, since they already have the engine, and can reuse models. So 2023 is the date that KCD2 will be released -just in time after the cryptomania GPU shortages will subside.

They are working on a sequel, almost certainly. But as their CEO recently said "don't expect any news from us anytime soon" I expect the announcement around next year's E3 and the release winter/spring 2023. I'd be shocked if it was sooner and concerned if later.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Next gen console. This is all speculation but they don't want to work on 5 platforms like CDPR did and dug their own grave. It's either they are scrapping last gen console version while wait until the next gen got more userbase or the reverse. Either way covid and next gen delayed development considerably.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Next gen console. This is all speculation but they don't want to work on 5 platforms like CDPR did and dug their own grave. It's either they are scrapping last gen console version while wait until the next gen got more userbase or the reverse. Either way covid and next gen delayed development considerably.
Lastgen version of KC2 was never in consideration, it has always been PC/PS5/XSSX game. They are somewhat pissed about XSS existing and lowering the hardware ceiling, too.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Lastgen version of KC2 was never in consideration, it has always been PC/PS5/XSSX game. They are somewhat pissed about XSS existing and lowering the hardware ceiling, too.
What's the source for that? Coz I've been wondering about that for quite a while.

SlamDunk

Arcane
They are somewhat pissed about XSS existing and lowering the hardware ceiling, too.
I was majorly pissed when Microsoft, in their absolute stupidity, introduced the thing. Such a disservice.

I hope Warhorse simply ignores the Xbox Series S(ucks), even if it's required by contract to support it. Just fuck it. In the ass. With no lubricant.

Paul_cz

Arcane
What's the source for that? Coz I've been wondering about that for quite a while.

zdroj.gif

(only czechs will get it, I guess)
(interviews/articles with/by Bocan/Vávra)

I hope Warhorse simply ignores the Xbox Series S(ucks), even if it's required by contract to support it. Just fuck it. In the ass. With no lubricant.

Very doubtful. Only way that would happen is if Sony would pay for some kind of console exclusivity.

SlamDunk

Arcane

Very doubtful. Only way that would happen is if Sony would pay for some kind of console exclusivity.
That's what I'm hoping for; some kind of a deal between Koch and Sony in order to ditch Xbox in the name of true progress.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

That's what I'm hoping for; some kind of a deal between Koch and Sony in order to ditch Xbox in the name of true progress.

Ya'll talking nonsense. Stahp.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Interesting, I dunno what sources Sillmen has, but he wrote last year in august

In any case, Warhorse did more than well financially last year. It achieved a revenue of 463 million crowns, from which it managed to generate a great profit of 210.2 million. Let's add that this is a year when the company released only a few additions for Kingdom Come: Deliverance and otherwise was mostly dedicated to a new project, probably Kingdom Come 2. More than a decent profit was generated even though the company largely moved to standard employee model, where he pays his employees a standard salary with all contributions. When the company was still majority owned by Zdeněk Bakala, it used the so-called Švarc system. While in 2017 personnel costs amounted to just over 10 million crowns, last year they exceeded the limit of 93 million crowns.

https://www.gamebro.cz/kingdom-come...studio-warhorse-se-nejspis-prodalo-pod-cenou/

Wilian

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
I had forgotten just how fucking jank the camera-lock on system in this game is during combat against multiple opponents, spinning around doing instant 180s constantly and oh boy if there's any sort of hillside it exaggerates the effect to tenfold. And the way you can't simply disengage but get stuck in loop where the camera just fucks it up going from target to target. What a fucking mess. It of course never helps when clear hits don't do anything and when they magically move through you, making camera spaz out even further.

Last edited:

Danikas

Arcane
I had forgotten just how fucking jank the camera-lock on system in this game is during combat against multiple opponents, spinning around doing instant 180s constantly and oh boy if there's any sort of hillside it exaggerates the effect to tenfold. And the way you can't simply disengage but get stuck in loop where the camera just fucks it up going from target to target. What a fucking mess. It of course never helps when clear hits don't do anything and when they magically move through you, making camera spaz out even further.
Y fighting multiple opponents is a trash fire and needs to be adressed in the sequel. Here they designed the whole combat system around fighting one enemy.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Y fighting multiple opponents is a trash fire and needs to be adressed in the sequel. Here they designed the whole combat system around fighting one enemy.

Inb4 "we didn't fix it bc fighting multiple opponents is chaotic and almost impossible IRL too".

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
I noticed something very odd.
You guys recall the Ode to Woman poem, right? Its in the book of poems you use during the Amorous Adventures DLC.
I can not find the original text. Anywhere. Even searching the full text of the poem it doesn't seem to appear anywhere. I assume it's based on an actual poem, possibly German, so it should be easy to find in some collection of medieval literature, right? Nope.
Anyone else got any luck?

Smejki

Larian Studios, ex-Warhorse
Developer
You guys recall the Ode to Woman poem, right? Its in the book of poems you use during the Amorous Adventures DLC.
I can not find the original text. Anywhere. Even searching the full text of the poem it doesn't seem to appear anywhere. I assume it's based on an actual poem, possibly German, so it should be easy to find in some collection of medieval literature, right? Nope.
The seducing Karolina with misheard lyrics situation?

Fedora Master

Arcane
Patron
Edgy
The balcony misheard lyrics situation?

The book Hans gives you to study beforehand.

Or am I completely stupid and you wrote those yourselves?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom