Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Loop Hero

Metronome

Learned
Check out my filled out map
roaLobA.png
Anyway, does anyone know what's with the gauntlet and belt slots?

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
I'm probably the most retarded poster in this thread.

Some some cards are completely useless for certain classes. Deserts and Rivers are shit for necromancer. Some skills are completely useless for certain classes.

Necromancer is all about having 4 skeletons, magic HP, attack speed over 150 and a special perk for splitting damage between skeletons.

I figured out all of this shit and I still could not kill the final boss. In fact I could not reach him.

But then I figured out the special gamer move: You can move items to the start of the queue! :)

This means that you can safely combine items without losing 4 skeletons (the most crucial thing). That's it.

Beat the boss on the same try in which I figured out the queue thing. I don't know how to feel about this shit. I don't know how I missed this detail but my god it's so important for this class.

029F8DC0B57D2313C5E8FE017067F8B5AF351A45

907F7DF815D0339C9184189FF7227D061BB3DE8E

Edit: lmao. If you don't get the right perk on 1st try then the final boss run is GG. This is bullshit.

Last edited:

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
What? Rivers are extremely strong for everyone, you just need to snake the river around a bit, or there are optimized layouts if you want to faceroll. Deserts are quite useful for the necromancer because the -% HP does not affect the skeletons.

On the other hand, mountains are not useful and meadows are almost entirely useless for necro. Looking at that screenshot is painful.

A trick I found useful to beat the final boss (after which I was done with the game) was to use singles of various camp items that grant you useless stats like +1 defense, HP per day and 1 retaliation damage. It helps mitigate the bullshit ability of the final boss which disables stats.

EDIT: Also, the necromancer is the most trait-dependent class in the game. Using suburbs is key to playing a strong necromancer.

Last edited:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just started playing this again a couple hours this week, haven't really played since release day.

Da fugg is with all these cursed / ransacked villages.

mfw

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
pay attention to what is placed next to them. Tiles interaction is important part of the game

I finished at 13 loops, could have gone further but I need to get some sleep.

I literally had every tile filled up. I had 38% evasion and over 300 hp regen per day, and i had 9 hp regen per sec.

My health never dipped to the point where I needed a potion (since the boss fight on loop 6), i used a lot of those villages for the health bonus as I made my loops.

It seemed like my resource gathering reached a cap at a certain point, but I did a few extra loops for the fugg of it before returning to town.

Just started playing this again a couple hours this week, haven't really played since release day.

mfw
It's Transylvania all over again.

Honestly, I was a bit upset about the ransacked villages at first, but if you go through 3 loops and kill all the zombie villagers, then the "ransacked village" returns to a "normal village" except it gives you ten times the health of a regular village.

Ie.. if a regular village would give you 25 health, a purified "ransacked village" will give you 250 health each time you pass through it.

I think I'll add this to my research for potential "loop builds" where I can leave my guy looping overnight harvesting stuff, and not die ofc.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
quick google search turned up this.

https://loophero.fandom.com/wiki/Count's_Land

Counts Land

Heals [15 + 20 x Loop] HP upon entering.

What this means is, you want to place a village next to a vampire mansion on loop 1 or loop 2 if at all possible.

I usually aim to fight the boss on turn 6 or 7.

Having "Count's Lands" spread throughout your loop gives you a nice hp boost.

I like to put those "lanterns" across all of the loop as well, and I also put the "spider cocoon" things, whatev's they are called to fill all possible spots and block out stronger monsters.

Spamming spider cocoons and using an "oblivion card" when I want to replace them seemed to work well.

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
Is there a limit to how many furniture items you can find while looping? (ie on expedition)

The most I've found so far is four, but i haven't really looped much, it seems like I can't harvest any more supplies after a while and I usually head back to camp. If I wanted to farm furniture items though, maybe it'd still be worth while to continue looping past my max resource harvesting capacity?

edit.. nvm, I found an article that describes it. Here is the info via copy/pasta, it doesn't say anything about furniture, but I know you can craft furniture too, so may I should just research this more. Cheers!

While grinding out loops trying to get the resources you need for each camp building, you’ll eventually run into resource caps. This is a limit on how much of each resource type you can gather during an expedition/run. Fortunately, as you get further into the chapters, the resource cap gets higher. And there’s also a trait that raises your cap too. Take a look below for each chapter’s resource cap.

Chapter 1 Maximum of 10 per complete resource.
Chapter 2 Maximum of 20 per complete resource.
Chapter 3 Maximum of 30 per complete resource.
Chapter 4 No resource cap/limit.

You’ll need to beat each chapter’s boss once before you can get to the next chapter. Depending on how strong you are, you may want to grind lower chapters until you’re confident. Every chapter raises the strength of enemies, as well as how many traits/abilities they have. This can make a significant difference if you’re not prepared. That’s why it’s important to take full advantage of your camp via buildings like Watchtowers and the War Camp. Our building order guide here helps you understand what to make first.

Last edited:

Jaedar

Arcane
Patron
Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
The most I've found so far is four, but i haven't really looped much, it seems like I can't harvest any more supplies after a while and I usually head back to camp. If I wanted to farm furniture items though, maybe it'd still be worth while to continue looping past my max resource harvesting capacity?
Seems way more efficient to use the crafting options to turn resources into furniture. Furniture drops seem relatively rare, as opposed to the raw materials.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
crafting is best to get furniture, especially since i had a lot of wood. Couldnt farm count chair even though I tried. Dumped half of my wood into random furnitures and had enough to fill all available slots. Heard rumors later on that chair will no longer stack so it might not be viable anymore

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
interactions with the more advanced cards.
Vampire next to a village.

Wheat fields next to a Village?
Vampire next to Bookery

Both of the two will get you killed, if not prepared. But otherwise there seems to be very little. Kinda sad.

Also

River next to a battlefield and river next to road
No vampire directly next to a village,it will spawn zombies and it will evolve after a few loops. It is pretty good way to farm life orbs or what ever its name it was.

I disagree, put the vampire next to the village, then immediately destroy the vampire mansion (unless you want to farm them, then dont).

The upgraded village is a ton better than the standard village.

I almost beat boss two, I probably will soon now that I learned you dont need to keep the vampire mansions up while upgrading the villages.

I've been spamming desserts and attack speed. Getting "all creature hp is reduced" to 30% or more let's you one shot a creature before they can even touch you. Had boss to low health before dieing, but I had a bad strategy the first time I met her. I think I'll get her the next time. Playing rogue ofc.

I want to see if I can cap out the withering effect at 99.5% hp reduction for creatures then just spam aoe and forever farm.

Last edited:

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
If you put a village next to a goblin outpost, goblins will not spawn.

Useful if you dont have any oblivions, or want to save them.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
What? Rivers are extremely strong for everyone, you just need to snake the river around a bit, or there are optimized layouts if you want to faceroll. Deserts are quite useful for the necromancer because the -% HP does not affect the skeletons.

Nope. Deserts are not useful for the necromancer because once a river turns to oasis then it *loses* the doubling effect.

Thanks to your retarded advice I've lost a couple of hours thinking what the fuck I'm doing wrong until I realized the thing above.

On the other hand, mountains are not useful and meadows are almost entirely useless for necro. Looking at that screenshot is painful.

Taking your advice was also painful. We are even.

A trick I found useful to beat the final boss (after which I was done with the game) was to use singles of various camp items that grant you useless stats like +1 defense, HP per day and 1 retaliation damage. It helps mitigate the bullshit ability of the final boss which disables stats.

EDIT: Also, the necromancer is the most trait-dependent class in the game. Using suburbs is key to playing a strong necromancer.

It's not a trick. Using items with 4 stats is mandatory for the last boss. I've lost 4 times on the last boss because one stat items when disabled are simply making you a sitting duck.

Also if you miss the window of opportunity with 1-2 loops then then the last boss simply cannot be beaten. I've literately waited 1 minute with 12x speedhack for a fight to end.

For a necromancer there is no freedom of choice: you need speed attack, you need 4+ skeletons, you need summon quality, you need 4 stats items, you need evasion and at least one specific perk.

You can fuck around with other builds before the last boss but you really need a specific build for the last boss. Isn't this implementation counterintuitive for a roguelike game!? Where is the replay-ability in this case?

Last edited:

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Nope. Deserts are not useful for the necromancer because once a river turns to oasis then it *loses* the doubling effect.

Thanks to your retarded advice I've lost a couple of hours thinking what the fuck I'm doing wrong until I realized the thing above.

Nowhere in my post, not even in the sentence you quoted, did I state that Rivers and Deserts should be used *together*. If you can't figure out that you should be using Rivers to boost your Thickets, and instead try to do something with Deserts that the game explicitly does not allow you to do, you are the retarded one (i.e. your original post ITT was correct) and should not blame me.

Taking your advice was also painful. We are even.

Again, this is entirely your fault.

It's not a trick. Using items with 4 stats is mandatory for the last boss. I've lost 4 times on the last boss because one stat items when disabled are simply making you a sitting duck.

You did not even understand what I meant with this bit of advice. I said *camp items*, like the nails, chairs, etc. you can apply to your character. For instance, when you apply a Shoe Nails before beginning the expedition, you gain +1 retaliation per nail. Because Necromancer cannot normally get retaliation using equipped items, this serves as a useless stat for the final boss to waste a disable on. There are other stats you can add like this such as HP per day, +max hp, etc. Is this clear now?

For your exceptional performance, and the characteristically moronic thing of blaming someone who gave you correct information, I am happy to award you a retadred rating.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

You did not even understand what I meant with this bit of advice. I said *camp items*, like the nails, chairs, etc. you can apply to your character. For instance, when you apply a Shoe Nails before beginning the expedition, you gain +1 retaliation per nail. Because Necromancer cannot normally get retaliation using equipped items, this serves as a useless stat for the final boss to waste a disable on. There are other stats you can add like this such as HP per day, +max hp, etc. Is this clear now?

You were right about the camp items and I was right about 4-stat items. Is this clear now?
D9A11241BB0773BBB30DCE69F92CDE37E9DF5D1A

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
You were right about the camp items and I was right about 4-stat items. Is this clear now?

Bro, I didn't even make a claim about 4-stat items, I don't even know what you're on about there. You can be right about anything you want if you want to argue with yourself.

toro

Arcane
Vatnik

Bro, I didn't even make a claim about 4-stat items, I don't even know what you're on about there. You can be right about anything you want if you want to argue with yourself.

Have you finished the game with the necro?

Alpan you voted Yes but I doubt it. For necro is important that the stats are shared/divided between multiple items otherwise you cannot win the last fight. This is what I'm talking about.

Last edited:

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Alpan you voted Yes but I doubt it. For necro is important that the stats are shared/divided between multiple items otherwise you cannot win the last fight. This is what I'm talking about.

Sorry dude, the notifications on the forums seem kinda borked right now, I missed this initially.

I was only saying that I didn't make any claim about 4-stat items at all, so I don't have anything to say about you being right about that. It has nothing to do with the advice I originally gave you. The only reason I responded to you in the first place was because you called my advice retarded, and it wasn't.

Since you appear to be asking a question in good faith here's my answer and opinion.

It is true that you need all three of Summon Quality, Skeleton Level and Max Skeletons to run a Necro properly. (You also need Attack Speed, but that's why Thickets and Rivers are so good.) There is no way around it. Specifically you want around 50-75% Summon Quality, 4 Maximum Skeletons (more is just extra DPS) and skeleton level equal to Loop+2 or so. However you don't really need 4-stat items to achieve this. In fact, in some situations 4-stat items are counterproductive. For example, when I beat the game, my grimoire was a one-stat (gray) item that only gave (a ton of) +skeleton level. This is because blue, yellow, or orange grimoires simply give less, and you need as much as you can get. Similarly, some blue and yellow amulets had more Magic HP than orange ones. Generally I liked my rings to be 4-stat, for the rest I went with whatever maximized my stats.

The problem is, yes you need those stats, but even if you have all those stats spread out, the final boss can still fuck you with its shitty stat-disabling gimmick. That's why the camp items giving useless stats is an extremely useful trick. This was my claim. For example in the screenshot of your victory you have +defense, you would lose nothing if that got disabled. Now imagine if you also had retaliation damage, or +hp per day. Each useless stat line is a chance for the final boss' stat-deletion to "miss". If you do this the boss becomes much easier.

Last edited:

Latelistener

Arcane
Got back to it since I stopped in Act III, and cannot seem to even get to the third boss again. They still didn't release the patch. I assume they hold it so players will spend more time in the game, as they promised more speed options with it.

But they nerfed Necro, which means the game is even more of a pain.

I spent like 20-25 hours in it. It should've ended a long time ago, but I didn't even upgrade most structures past level 2 as all of it requires a shit ton of resources. And I have troubles getting Astral Orbs to build the last building.

I don't know what am I doing wrong, since I follow the most common building logic with Necro already mentioned above (Thickets, Rivers, Deserts, Suburbs, etc.).

Maybe the problem is the skills you get when leveling up. Since you cannot choose and it gives more as you progress, I have a shit ton of useless skills to choose from that make it difficult to get the good ones.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom