Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Vampirem Claws it's Way to Early Access

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Vampirem; WRF Studios

Vampirem is available for Early Access on Steam for those looking for a toothy, blood suckery, combat heavy CRPG. Be vampire, kill vampire seems to be the theme of the game. It's currently on a release sale through March 30th and can be had for $13.49US. Here's what's up:

Though weak from the lack of two-thirds his normal bloodline, Raven is now forced to fight his way out, using only the weapons found buried from the ancient dead, and his empowering skills, talents and disciplines, known only to a... Vampirem

Features
  • Build and level your skills and attributes to become an unstoppable Vampiric force.
  • Find and collect random loot with dynamic and unique stats.
  • Empower ancient weapons from the past, using recipes crafted from fragmented hearts of the fallen kindred.
  • Explore and uncover secrets in this vampire dungeon crawl through both unique and procedurally created areas.

For some reason, the fact there's a Garlic Resistance on the character sheet cracks me up. At least we know what we're playing at that point.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
This does look a bit like a Unity asset flip.
It's made by the guy who made the BloodLust games. Looks exactly like those. Neither BloodLust 1 or 2 were particularly good games, but the ideas were neat. This is one of those cases where a solo dev is trying punch above his weight level. Kudos to him for trying, I suppose, and being successful enough to make a 3rd game. Not like we have many people making Vampire themed cRPGs and it's nice that someone is trying.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
This does look a bit like a Unity asset flip.
It's made by the guy who made the BloodLust games. Looks exactly like those. Neither BloodLust 1 or 2 were particularly good games, but the ideas were neat. This is one of those cases where a solo dev is trying punch above his weight level. Kudos to him for trying, I suppose, and being successful enough to make a 3rd game. Not like we have many people making Vampire themed cRPGs and it's nice that someone is trying.

Interesting. I thought this looked somewhat familiar. I also had a vague memory of some vampire based dungeon crawlers on steam.

Makes much more sense after hearing that it's the same dev.

Gastrick

Cipher
Wow, looks like a sequel to Bloodlines came out sooner than we thought. Love the title, VAMPIREM.

hellbent

Augur
The ARPG 3rd person perspective and movement, puzzles, and dungeon layout is strikingly reminiscent of Dungeon Lords, oddly enough.

Skdursh

Savant
Mostly just confused as to why you labeled this a CRPG? Looks like an Action RPG from everything I'm seeing. Yes, I know CRPG "technically" just stands for Computer RPG (although some say Classic RPG), but I think we all know what it really means in the common vernacular and it's not this.

Curratum

This looks so much like an Underworld Ascendant asset flip, of all things...

agris

Arcane
Patron
This looks so much like an Underworld Ascendant asset flip, of all things...
lrMu8q6.jpg

(edit: from the video)

Thonius

Arcane
RIP bloodlines 2.... Someone call those shmucks who preordered Bloodlines 2, the new king in town.
Darm I'm slow, 20 comments 20 jokes about bloodlines.

WRF Studios

WRF Studios
Developer
Thanks to everyone who took a look... It's just a little game made by one guy so no Dark Souls budget here but I'm happy with the way it turned out... and had fun making it... some might need a bit more and that's fair.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom