Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Marat

Arcane
Wumao
I hope the criticism will make him better designer in the end. Cyberpunk 2077 is a good lesson for everyone who kept close tabs on it, from consumers, developers to investors.
CP is indeed a good lesson. One that teaches you can stuff an unwashed dick down consumers' throats, not deliver on ANY of your fantabulous promises, provide a barely functional product and still make millions of dollars.

Tyrr

Liturgist
PcqOvki.jpg

The tides are turning.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
The Steam graph shows a massive uptick in negative reviews just yesterday (332 negative ratings on 23rd March compared to circa 150 in few previous days, before that the daily number of negative ratings was less then 100). Was there some kind of major announcement on 23rd? Is this some kind of organised raid? I don’t think this is just an accident.

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
The Steam graph shows a massive uptick in negative reviews just yesterday (332 negative ratings on 23rd March compared to circa 150 in few previous days, before that the daily number of negative ratings was less then 100). Was there some kind of major announcement on 23rd? Is this some kind of organised raid? I don’t think this is just an accident.
I think it's connected to the fact that recent patch was shit and the few people that had delusions that game would be fixed started slowly losing their hopeful attitude.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Anyway, I'm going to finally go ahead and give this a try on my new 3090 even though 1.2 isn't out yet. I just want to see why people have been crying so badly over it.

I'll report back with my (mostly technical) impressions.

Wish me luck.

Gargaune

Magister
Anyway, I'm going to finally go ahead and give this a try on my new 3090 even though 1.2 isn't out yet. I just want to see why people have been crying so badly over it.

I'll report back with my (mostly technical) impressions.

Wish me luck.
You won't, not if you're looking for technical faults on a 3090. Hell, I hadn't even realised that's come out now.

If you're running a high-end rig, you'll have to look to gameplay and narrative design for something to gripe about.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Actually, so far, just at the beginning part where you're staring at the mirror, with RTS Ultra mode, the game runs like shit. Below 60fps (1440p) lol.

Once you exit that portion, the framerate nearly doubles, though. Investigating.

P.S. DLSS sucks horribly.

Edit: Scratch that. DLSS in its "Quality" mode really boosts performance in this game with an RTX card. It does, unfortunately, add a rather strong Moiré pattern on certain textures when enabled, such as the floor texture of the opening building for the corpo storyline. But, its performance boost is strong enough to justify that small drop in visual quality. I'm still eschewing the ray-tracing features in this game so far, however, because they're just utter framekillers.

As it is, at 1440p and most details at either High or Ultra, RTS off but DLSS at Quality, I seem to be maintaining about 120fps.

Last edited:

Danikas

Arcane
Actually, so far, just at the beginning part where you're staring at the mirror, with RTS Ultra mode, the game runs like shit. Below 60fps (1440p) lol.

Once you exit that portion, the framerate nearly doubles, though. Investigating.

Edit: Scratch that. DLSS in its "Quality" mode really boosts performance in this game with an RTX card. It does, unfortunately, add a rather strong Moiré pattern on certain textures when enabled, such as the floor texture of the opening building for the corpo storyline. But, its performance boost is strong enough to justify that small drop in visual quality. I'm still eschewing the ray-tracing features in this game so far, however, because they're just utter framekillers.

As it is, at 1440p and most details at either High or Ultra, RTS off but DLSS at Quality, I seem to be maintaining about 120fps.
Default lighting looks great to me anyway, screenshots taken on pc with I5-7600k, 16 gb Ram, Gtx 1060.

photomode_17022021_0744je8.png

photomode_18022021_0191krp.png

photomode_18022021_05fijpg.png

photomode_23022021_14hak34.png
photomode_25022021_08i6j8v.png
photomode_25022021_09nfjmg.png

photomode_25022021_13cqjbv.png

photomode_01032021_233mka4.png

photomode_25022021_13fqk84.png

Last edited by a moderator:

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I think it's connected to the fact that recent patch was shit and the few people that had delusions that game would be fixed started slowly losing their hopeful attitude.

patch notes were announced march 19. Reviews look slightly worse since then, march 23 that pushed game to mixed seem to be outlier. No idea either why this specific date. On march 22 they tweeted about patch notes coming later(again)
y4mra5LKjGMbJ5Asq93bWifHLWtMx1LTWN5T_gcKxMF51GzGKolWRxzKX0Qg7kvTvXvYDO7AKazD6wC6OaBTYfvMfGtcOqSGdjp0PCAa1kWJFGgYc30oQIlBLbbA2ENWGUBIO3sxoEMJ7PG7A2UMmw-oImubcbmnS65U94Qbq9s7sJLnsg5az0BaI3DPuLBFmFU

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
Crispy fumbling around with graphics settings, whilst the best optimal settings has been out for like 5 months already and it would take him 2 minute google search to get it.

It's kind of cute.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

You can fix some of the visual issues from DLSS with the image sharpening setting in the nvidia control panel iirc with minimal to no performance loss.
The usual tech youtubers (hardware unboxed, gamers nexus etc) talked about that a bunch, may be worth checking out what values they use.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Default lighting looks great to me anyway, screenshots taken on pc with I5-7600k, 16 gb Ram, Gtx 1060.
Yeah, you're not really missing anything by going rasterized over ray-traced. Usually raytracing is more of a sidegrade in Cyberpunk.
I ditched RT after a while entirely, too.

Gargaune

Magister
Street kid opening? There's something screwy with the activatable mirrors, but you only have to deal with them a couple of times so don't configure your graphics settings around them. You shouldn't need DLSS on a 3000-series GPU and, from what I've heard, a 3080 should be enough to run 60fps with RTX on 1440p.

Moiré pattern
Thanks for putting a name to that. DLSS does it for image patterns consisting of many tiny parallel lines, you'll find them along some floors and shirts, typically. You might also notice some slight aftifacting around distant lights.

The bigger issue is that DLSS introduces a slightly blurry quality to the image. You can counter that somewhat with a Sharpness effect, but if I had a 3090 and low FPS, I'd sooner drop RTX to High than enable DLSS. Then again, I define "low FPS" as dipping under 40, if you're gonna shoot for 120 I guess you'll just have to learn to love the blur.

Yeah, you're not really missing anything by going rasterized over ray-traced. Usually raytracing is more of a sidegrade in Cyberpunk.
I ditched RT after a while entirely, too.
I disagree there. There's an argument to be made about RTX "overwriting" the mood lighting in some scenes, but I think it really makes many other images "come alive." If you've got the hardware, I'd definitely recommend it. I mean, what else is there to play Cyberpunk for if not the eyecandy?

Rinslin Merwind

Erudite
patch notes were announced march 19. Reviews look slightly worse since then, march 23 that pushed game to mixed seem to be outlier. No idea either why this specific date. On march 22 they tweeted about patch notes coming later(again)
y4mra5LKjGMbJ5Asq93bWifHLWtMx1LTWN5T_gcKxMF51GzGKolWRxzKX0Qg7kvTvXvYDO7AKazD6wC6OaBTYfvMfGtcOqSGdjp0PCAa1kWJFGgYc30oQIlBLbbA2ENWGUBIO3sxoEMJ7PG7A2UMmw-oImubcbmnS65U94Qbq9s7sJLnsg5az0BaI3DPuLBFmFU
You think it's a conspiracy or something? I highly doubt it, probably just accident. Some people didn't wanted to ruin their shitty Monday even more by writing angry review and decided to spice up their Tuesday instead. And I don't see company/person who would benefit from this directly anyway.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom