Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline ATOM RPG: Trudograd - standalone expansion sequel to ATOM RPG

CyberWhale

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
My colleague has a dream idea for Oblivion but with VTMB plot\setting but I don't think that's ever gonna happen... I mean I'd love to make something akin to what you describe, but these two franchises are not on the top of the list. The biggest dreams for me are Slavic Wizardry 9, Slavic M&M 6: The Mandate of Rzeczpospolita, Slavic Jagged Alliance 3, Slavic Knights of the Chalice, Slavic Brigand: Oaxaca, Всеслав Чародей 1.5, Slavic Ultima VII, Slavic Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode 2, Slavic ADnD rule Icewind Gate 3: Planescape to Ravenloft of Elemental Evil, Slavic Morrowind 2, and maybe then a turnbased slavic GTA\TES 6.

Late to the party, but just want to give my two cents - as someone who hasn't even played your game yet, I recommend you leave the dreams for the future and concentrate on building upon the foundations you have created with this game. If you want to make a fantasy game, go for it, but make sure you use as many systems and assets from ATOM as possible. Evolution instead of revolution, comrade.

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron
While I'm patiently waiting for the TRUDOGRAD WHEN to be released, I wanted to show you this beautiful "Gexogen & Gexogen" photo.

hexo.jpg

PEACH

Arbiter
is this actually going to get released?

One of the developers posted this on the steam discussions earlier this month:

Greetings! We have made several announcements since then when publishing updates.

In these announcements, like for example the New Years announcement, we have made clear that due to player feedback Trudograd should evolve from a small addon to the original game, into an original game of its own. From the positive reception of these announcements, we understood that most players like the idea of having a full game instead of an addon, and thus we commenced work on a much better, and thus bigger and more time-consuming product which will be released approximately in May.

The amount of content originally planned for Trudograd was more or less done 5 months into Early Access. Since then we are working on stuff that wasn't planned when we announced that it will take half a year to make a larger game that can stand on its own near the original ATOM RPG, not as an addon, but as a full on improved sequel

Verylittlefishes

Sacro Bosco
Patron

Greetings! We have made several announcements since then when publishing updates.

In these announcements, like for example the New Years announcement, we have made clear that due to player feedback Trudograd should evolve from a small addon to the original game, into an original game of its own. From the positive reception of these announcements, we understood that most players like the idea of having a full game instead of an addon, and thus we commenced work on a much better, and thus bigger and more time-consuming product which will be released approximately in May.

The amount of content originally planned for Trudograd was more or less done 5 months into Early Access. Since then we are working on stuff that wasn't planned when we announced that it will take half a year to make a larger game that can stand on its own near the original ATOM RPG, not as an addon, but as a full on improved sequel

IIRC Atomboy stated later in bigger ATOM thread that Trudograd will be released somewhere around May 2021.

jackofshadows

Magister
Aaaand release postponed to october.
Trudograd: Road to Release
c8f3433c86adbd05d8f7fe2f55859ea5db7938c7.jpg

Greetings, friends!

Since the last update, we have released a fair few patches and continued actively working on the new batch of content. Together with that, we’re trying to always be there to read your amazing feedback and cooperate on the features, fixes and changes you recommend.

All in all, we have come a very long way since the start of the Early Access, and right now we’re giving it our all to improve the already made parts of the game, and add new ones as the plot demands it.

Seeing how this is a very hard process that’s also very difficult to track, we decided to share our Roadmap with you, so that you always be able to see where we’re at in the development process.

This roadmap contains general information about the work we have already done, as well as about the features and content we’re planning for the release. It doesn’t include post-release support, because we’re never setting an expiration date on that part of development, as some of you already know.
767eeecfca7270c9e9cc41accbaf88cd602814fd.jpg

April

We’ll start off with a big content update.

Afterwards, we’ll continue adding to the game, focusing more and more on the main plot line. New characters will appear in the
Outskirts, Grey Corner, Factory, Mikhalych’s Tavern, Police, Docks, Kolotushkin Str. Plus, we’re already adding the first people for the upper tier of the city.

April will also be a month we rebalance some of the weapons and skills; we’ll also continue working on visuals and soundscape.

May-June

All of our team’s strength will be used to finalize the main story line and the mechanics that are already in the game. We’ll then work on some of the yet unintroduced mechanics you asked us for, and add to some special locations we’re not willing to spoil just yet :)

After the big update planned for this time period, you will finally be able to finish the game!

The development process won’t stop there, however, since it’s not all about the main plot.
3f52cc6a319abe7d131941d9ddcd3dc1e33b64bc.jpg

July

After finishing the main storyline in all of its forms, we will expand the roster of side quests and plot unrelated locations. We’ll set to finalize the Lighthouse, the Caves, the new bunker and we’ll add to the locations that already exist.

August

Random encounters and adventure maps will receive new additions in this part of the work process. We’ll also add a few special side quest lines and characters to the upper and lower tier locations.

September

This month will be used to stabilize and finalize the game before release. It’s the last month for finishing all major additions to the game, making the last icons, objects, sets of armor, loading screens, etc. We’ll also finalize the trade and combat balance.

IMPORTANT: Before the release hits, we’ll have to wipe the old save files, to ensure the correct compatibility between the new and old content, as well as optimize the game’s performance.

We wish to deeply apologize for postponing the release. Our communal wish to make Trudograd a really great game brought us before new quality standards, which unfortunately ask for more resources, finances, and most importantly - time.

Although this was not an easy decision to make, we don’t want to cut the game Trudograd became and wish to tell its story to the fullest. We value your support and understanding over all else. Thank you for being with us.

And let there be ATOM!

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Better sad than cyberpunked.

I can wait a few more months for a more polished release. In the meantime, the backlog I amassed during those years impatiently awaits my attention.

jackofshadows

Magister
As far as I understand it's not about polishing at all. More like they were changing feature list and amount of content on a fly which isn't exactly a good thing. If not for their previous game some would have been looking at vaporware tag. A whole year delay is no joke.

Last edited:

PEACH

Arbiter
If the main story and meat of the content is done by May / June as anticipated then everything that follows on the roadmap is additive in nature (isolated locations, sidequests, random encounters, polish) and shouldn't cause the project to lose focus or run into further complications.

I don't see a reason to be worried here. After how good the Dead City update was for Atom I trust they know how to handle integrating additional content with grace.

jackofshadows

Magister
Aside from huge release date shifting and lots of changes which is fine for EA they've also announced ports to various platforms and even some 'another big project for 2021' no less. There's a lot going on and at this rate I wouldn't be surprised by yet another delay or two.
After how good the Dead City update was for Atom I trust they know how to handle integrating additional content with grace.
You mean like they added Hazmat Suit which deleted two mechanics at once for the entire game? Or unskippable random encounters on the island? Not to mention respec potion from one of the other updates. Not every change was for the better.

Cannot say that I was trilled by the initial idea of rather small addon-like game with focus on quests (including text ones) but looks like now we'll have somewhat ATOM RPG 2 although not with post-apoc exploration focus and rather about post-post-apoc (reminder about zero radiation) faction catfighting in a big city. At least mechanic wise the game should benefit a lot from all these delays.

Last edited:

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer

IIRC Atomboy stated later in bigger ATOM thread that Trudograd will be released somewhere around May 2021.
And that makes me a what now?
That's right, A FUCKING LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, when I wrote in that post copypasted by jackofshadows that it was a hard decision to make, it was. No corporate speak what so ever, just facts. Going back on my word hurts big time! But there's just no way. It was around a few weeks to a few months ago that we began realizing that while the game will be completely playable main story wise in end of May to middle of June, some plot related locations will be more barren than Dead City was before we started that post-release free DLC. So after screaming ideas at each other for a few days, we decided it's best to put the "Released" tag on it once we fill those empty plot maps with side stuff and cool things. But that would move the release to summer, like august or something. Nobody releases in summer, so what do we do? Add scrapped ideas and new maps and a promising mechanic we scrapped earlier because we had no time to test it and it was janky.
It's a better ballistics system
and so the new deadline was born. Still, though remembering all the times I said May was the time for release make me physically cringe, I'm pretty happy Trudograd grew the way it did. Looking at the mockup of the original game structure (the one we promised to make in 6 months) is just sad, it's real small.
I'm in a crunch right now, but I'll get back to reply to everyone else sooooooon!

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

And that makes me a what now?
That's right, A FUCKING LIAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really, when I wrote in that post copypasted by jackofshadows that it was a hard decision to make, it was. No corporate speak what so ever, just facts. Going back on my word hurts big time! But there's just no way. It was around a few weeks to a few months ago that we began realizing that while the game will be completely playable main story wise in end of May to middle of June, some plot related locations will be more barren than Dead City was before we started that post-release free DLC. So after screaming ideas at each other for a few days, we decided it's best to put the "Released" tag on it once we fill those empty plot maps with side stuff and cool things. But that would move the release to summer, like august or something. Nobody releases in summer, so what do we do? Add scrapped ideas and new maps and a promising mechanic we scrapped earlier because we had no time to test it and it was janky.
It's a better ballistics system
and so the new deadline was born. Still, though remembering all the times I said May was the time for release make me physically cringe, I'm pretty happy Trudograd grew the way it did. Looking at the mockup of the original game structure (the one we promised to make in 6 months) is just sad, it's real small.
I'm in a crunch right now, but I'll get back to reply to everyone else sooooooon!
Хмммм чакаме я май,ако не.....кастрация.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
My colleague has a dream idea for Oblivion but with VTMB plot\setting but I don't think that's ever gonna happen... I mean I'd love to make something akin to what you describe, but these two franchises are not on the top of the list. The biggest dreams for me are Slavic Wizardry 9, Slavic M&M 6: The Mandate of Rzeczpospolita, Slavic Jagged Alliance 3, Slavic Knights of the Chalice, Slavic Brigand: Oaxaca, Всеслав Чародей 1.5, Slavic Ultima VII, Slavic Dwarf Fortress Adventure Mode 2, Slavic ADnD rule Icewind Gate 3: Planescape to Ravenloft of Elemental Evil, Slavic Morrowind 2, and maybe then a turnbased slavic GTA\TES 6.

Late to the party, but just want to give my two cents - as someone who hasn't even played your game yet, I recommend you leave the dreams for the future and concentrate on building upon the foundations you have created with this game. If you want to make a fantasy game, go for it, but make sure you use as many systems and assets from ATOM as possible. Evolution instead of revolution, comrade.
I agree!
The last thing the world needs is more gay fantasy RPGs.
It WON"T BE GAY! It will be like Conan the Barbarian, semi-naked bronzed muscular alpha males fighting for dominance in a strange land. Okay I get your point

As far as I understand it's not about polishing at all. More like they were changing feature list and amount of content on a fly which isn't exactly a good thing. If not for their previous game some would have been looking at vaporware tag. A whole year delay is no joke.
That's true, it felt too small and everyone requested features and locations like it was with Dead City, so it grew, and then we put everything into the plot in late February, and it turned out that if we finish the plot, and only the plot, the May release will be void of side content and believability, and so it was decided. Very painful but needed to be done. I know some may already suspect us of being vaporware, and it's completely logical. When I see an Early Access project that's constantly promising great features and skipping deadlines, I shout "SCAM!", and I'm no monster. I'm a good person. Suspecting the worst is only natural. Now, of course, with Trudograd this is completely false, and it will be awesome, not a scam, and we'll use the extra time we ask for to make great things. But is there a way to prove it apart from me, the person who's interested in you believing me, telling you so? No! So some will definitely turn off Trudograd and curse our names. But we'll get them back on release. It will be cool! Plus there will always be those who consider our previous achievements and believe we're not vaporware, because we delivered on the previous game more or less on time, and these guys move us to crunch up and create cool stuff like nobody's business.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
If the main story and meat of the content is done by May / June as anticipated then everything that follows on the roadmap is additive in nature (isolated locations, sidequests, random encounters, polish) and shouldn't cause the project to lose focus or run into further complications.

I don't see a reason to be worried here. After how good the Dead City update was for Atom I trust they know how to handle integrating additional content with grace.
Yeah, that's kind of it. Instead of releasing the game and then adding content, this time around we decided it would be best to add content and then release the game. And then add more content maybe? So it's gonna be okay, I'm sure of it.
Aside from huge release date shifting and lots of changes which is fine for EA they've also announced ports to various platforms and even some 'another big project for 2021' no less. There's a lot going on and at this rate I wouldn't be surprised by yet another delay or two.
After how good the Dead City update was for Atom I trust they know how to handle integrating additional content with grace.
You mean like they added Hazmat Suit which deleted two mechanics at once for the entire game? Or unskippable random encounters on the island? Not to mention respec potion from one of other updates. Not every change was for the better.

Cannot say that I was trilled by the initial idea of rather small addon-like game with focus on quests (including text ones) but looks like now we'll have somewhat ATOM RPG 2 although not with post-apoc exploration focus and rather about post-post-apoc (reminder about zero radiation) faction catfighting in a big city. At least mechanic wise the game should benefit a lot of all these delays.
That's also a thing: no matter what we add to the base game in the time we have now it won't ruin the vanilla release version, because that's gonna be the vanilla release version. And we added a radiation quest! So now there's not zero but ONE radiation in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom