Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The STEAM Sales and Releases Thread

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
Ditto here. Can only see shit with Chrome.

It's adblock. You need to add a new exception. It's covered somewhere a few pages back, I'll see if I can find it

Edit - It's something like this. It was slightly different for adblock, but I can't remember exactly what I did
I can't see the Steam embeds. Firefox is telling me that some elements in the page are not secure.
I'm using Chrome. Still don't see shit. Normally I can see the Steam embeds.
uBlock Origin caught Steam Embeds for some reason. It's in the "EasyList" filters for Commercials, if you disable that (or uBlock on the Codex) you'll see the embeds again.
hzHa2eT.jpg
go to ublock options, click the 'my filters' tab
add this to the bottom of the document:
Code:
@@||store.steampowered.com/widget/*$subdocument,domain=rpgcodex.net

click apply changes

The Red Knight

Erudite
Is there some kind of a problem? I don't see any Steam media embeds. I also noticed that people often rated other messages with
BrokenImage.png
It's adblock. You need to add a new exception. It's covered somewhere a few pages back, I'll see if I can find it
Reportedly the EasyList already withdrew the change and you can just manually update the filter lists in your adblock of preference to get it working again:
- go to the lists tab in the settings ("advanced" tab in adblock plus?)
- in case of ublock, click "purge all caches" first
- click update all/update now

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014
Codex in-house graverobber's new perspective line simulator:

ss_68ffb5d0247c71215eb4d924b51710185148c5f1.600x338.jpg
ss_dc622f4b188ffcf9f45a93e8400800433db317af.600x338.jpg

Shargad First Blood, some kind of tactical RPG by Turkish devs:

ss_6a54c08820eaa00433af04ac78ad1c98f100784c.600x338.jpg
ss_833bac57dd2c786947c06961d81c62e4d8b06e6a.600x338.jpg

War Hospital, WW1 survival sim set in a field hospital:

ss_09b85bc1b342c828a6efd3cc506eaa5889569cc2.600x338.jpg
ss_08abe4b9b0a37e7cb13de755d7957cfe8404c5d1.600x338.jpg

Untamed Tactics, furry tactics of a bunny general:

ss_6351de33e0e2c2ddf644da84eab2aa9d3864678a.600x338.jpg
ss_4a042d161c9febe6f31be13f3cd7a6732c7f66ff.600x338.jpg

I stalk the night
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin 2

Edit - It's something like this. It was slightly different for adblock, but I can't remember exactly what I did
I can't see the Steam embeds. Firefox is telling me that some elements in the page are not secure.
I'm using Chrome. Still don't see shit. Normally I can see the Steam embeds.
uBlock Origin caught Steam Embeds for some reason. It's in the "EasyList" filters for Commercials, if you disable that (or uBlock on the Codex) you'll see the embeds again.
hzHa2eT.jpg
go to ublock options, click the 'my filters' tab
add this to the bottom of the document:
Code:
@@||store.steampowered.com/widget/*$subdocument,domain=rpgcodex.net

click apply changes

Specifically it's the list your adblockers use. The issue itself was fixed 2 days ago in https://github.com/easylist/easylist/commit/890ca45b6f1c68a5a484e6936cd7d335571a8425, so you don't need to do any customizations to the list, just update it through the adblocker.

Baron Dupek

Arcane

https://store.steampowered.com/app/224920/Legacy_of_Kain_Soul_Reaver/
Square Enix has temporarily removed this title from sale to work on some important updates. Please check back soon!
don't give me hope...
It's either SE's games exclusivity for MS or Silent Hill-tier remaster.

edit
https://steamcommunity.com/app/224920/discussions/0/2837788120352512948/?ctp=18#c3102386014785306296

Raina, I had contact with some people from gog: their tech support, one man from legal team and - at last - with the one who said this about him - "I was working on Square Enix titles back in 2012 when we released Soul Reaver so I feel partially responsible for this situation. I was empowered to speak for GOG here."

I provide below exact quotes from his words:
I really appreciate the offer of having your fix in the GOG version but I'm afraid that this wont be possible. We were thinking about this but there seems to be too much gray area (legally speaking) in this fix currently. For example the bik files require a separate license and the intro is not the original PC one (it's actually better). SquareEnix was also notified about this already and they expect us to provide them with a 'legally clean' fixed version of the game. Meaning that we needed to start a project to create our own solutions for Soul Reaver. This project is currently ongoing and should end in 2 weeks when the updated version of the game will be released.

The new version will have a number of quality of live and compatibility fixes but it will not have any 'enhancements' from your fix like the higher resolution intro, New Game+, achievements etc. What we could do however, is to highlight your work on the game's product page with a link to a forum post where users will be able to enhance their experience if they choose to by using your product.

I realise that technically we won't be able to match your work (especially since we will just making the game work and look as it did back in the day without making any improvements), but we will do our best here! When we are done I would greatly appreciate your opinion about the build and maybe draw our attention to things that we might have missed. Your expertise would be very much appreciated!

The decision has been made to make Soul Reaver 100% our work. However, we will make sure that the compatibility with your update is maintained and I would really appreciate if we could let the users know that if they would like to enhance their experience even further, than your patch exists (a link on the product page would be nice).If this is true, so the situation is such: SE and gog could not update the distributive of SR1 during 8 years and can't update it by my product (especially SE with their "locking" distributives of LOK games), but they will update SR1 by some strange (gog) product in the nearest future.

P.S.: and yes, I have very big doubts that they will provide link on my product as he said above. Also they can't provide the compatibility with my product because it requires binkw32.dll and my version of winplay.dll for its work. So my product will fully rewrite their strange update (because I will need to add into my archive the files binkw32.dll, the original version of kain2.exe and all bink movies that will be deleted). I.e., if they will provide the link on my product, it will have such sense: "hey, fans, we did strange update of the game by some strange reason, but you can still 'enhance your experience' by downloading 75% of the game distributive by yourself because we - gog and SE - can't provide it for you by ourself, though someone can do this without any problems using for this purpose official hosting of Microsoft".

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Loot River looks really weird with the moving bridges. Can't say I have seen mechanics like that before.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Bought this after playing the demo, and what can I say? It deserves 100 times the attention it has gotten. Wonderful pixel art, really fun mechanics, and the humor is just right. It's not a serious game - the story that is, but I have found myself genuinely wondering what is going on in the dungeon and what mysteries it holds. It got some RPG mechanics too, very lite though but it's there. You even get to pick up companions, and you can lose them or maybe not even recruit them through choice & consequence :)

A real little gem in my opinion if you enjoy these kind of games, aka Metroidvania style of games.

Dexter

Arcane
Hell Let Loose has a Free Weekend till the 29th for anyone that is disappointed with recent Battlefield titles or wants to try a Multiplayer/Squad based WW2 game, if in doubt download and try it out for a bit:

Civ VI also got a Free Weekend:

Also the "Remote Play Together" Sale is on for anyone who hasn't noticed: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/together

There's some cool older CoOp titles at lowered prices, a lot of which also don't even require Remote Play like Magicka, Castle Crashers, Broforce, FORCED, the Trine games etc.

Streets of Rage 4 is part of the Sale and afaik the lowest it's been so far, one annoying peculiarity about it though is that it supports 4 people Couch CoOp locally or if you're using Remote Play, but only 2 for Online CoOp where people play their own versions and start a game together:

Anyone got any recommendations for good CoOp titles (gems I might've missed in a river of shit)?

Last edited:

pOcHa

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hell Let Loose has a Free Weekend till the 29th for anyone that is disappointed with recent Battlefield titles or wants to try a Multiplayer/Squad based WW2 game, if in doubt download and try it out for a bit:

Civ VI also got a Free Weekend:

Also the "Remote Play Together" Sale is on for anyone who hasn't noticed: https://store.steampowered.com/sale/together

There's some cool older CoOp titles at lowered prices, a lot of which also don't even require Remote Play like Magicka, Castle Crashers, Broforce, FORCED, the Trine games etc.

Streets of Rage 4 is part of the Sale and afaik the lowest it's been so far, one annoying peculiarity about it though is that it supports 4 people Couch CoOp locally or if you're using Remote Play, but only 2 for Online CoOp where people play their own versions and start a game together:

Anyone got any recommendations for good CoOp titles (gems I might've missed in a river of shit)?

mother russia bleeds is like sor4

Dexter

Arcane
mother russia bleeds is like sor4
I played that via Remote, it's a lot worse than Streets of Rage 4 and I liked Bud Spencer & Terence Hill: Slaps And Beans more. If anyone wants some older Beat'em'Up try D&D: Chronicles of Mystara, it holds up pretty well.

All three of em unfortunately only playable via Remote Play since they don't have an Online Mode, only Offline/Couch Coop.

Last edited:

Matalarata

Arcane
Patron
All three of em unfortunately only playable via Remote Play since they don't have an Online Mode, only Offline/Couch Coop.

Uh? Bretty sure we played D&D with some codexers a couple years ago, before remote play was a thing. The one I'm sure completely lacks the option is Mother Russia Bleeds, I had Dayyālu buy the thing years ago to coop, only to discover there was no online mode.

Edit: quickly checked, yep D&D does have a legit online mode!

Last edited:

Dexter

Arcane
Uh? Bretty sure we played D&D with some codexers a couple years ago, before remote play was a thing.
I guess it does have an Online Mode, which is weird since it doesn't indicate this at all on the Steam page. It's labeled as "Single-player" and "Remote Play Together". I must have played it Online too (although it does seem to have some sort of Meta level and Stats that would indicate I didn't play it at all, is that new?). It's kinda blurry what worked with Hamachi, ZSNES/Kega Fusion Netplay or other stuff and I trusted the Steam description. Anyway, it's a good one. The other two definitely don't have it, since I played them recently.

Last edited:

LESS T_T

Arcane
Codex 2014

ss_18ddd304af71a266cdf147eeea74e6d70b7814c7.600x338.jpg
ss_3936bb2406fc40723702a3afd42b3d81fa311366.600x338.jpg

For as long as you and your people can remember, your homeland of Mercia has been held in the tyrannical grip of “Etheldred”; a despotic sorceress in the distant icy wastelands to the north.

Every seven years she sends her armies south to handpick inhabitants from each township who will be subjected to a life of slavery, and they are never heard from again. A call is sent out to champions across the land pleading with them to put an end to her rule.

An elf, a wizard and a marauder answer the call. Join this band of heroes on their quest the vanquish evil from the land once and for all!

• Pixel art fun – an adventure for pixel art enthusiasts, with gorgeously designed characters and environments to enjoy with every frame

• Hack n’ slash adventure – familiar yet revitalised, thanks to new gameplay elements, improved controls and pixel perfect animations

• Enjoy a timeless melody – a superb soundtrack by legendary composer Manami Matsumae

• Solo or co-op – choose from three highly-detailed heroes to embark with on your quest, playing alone or with a friend in local co-op

lightbane

Arcane
There's inspiration, then copy-paste plagiarism, and then literally changing the title a little to avoid being sued. :lol:
Nevertheless, it looks quite good.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom