Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Tyrr

Liturgist
And was already incredible annoying for a side quest. Would gladly have less time with Keanu Reeves and more time with Misty, Viktor, Evelyn, Takemura, Rogue and others.
Wasn't that the plan until Keanu told them he wanted do more and CDPR management all fangirl'ed over him?

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Yes cos clearly MORE STUFF is what this game needs
????

When is more content a bad thing? Especially if most of it is probably adding more customization options with new gear, cars, cyberware etc.? Arent mods made by fans just MORE STUFF? Look at shitstesda modding community to know what fanboys want and the anwser is MORE STUFF.

Testownia

Yet again, not playing a game on release has proven to be a fortunate choice. Seriously, people - this has been going on since at least 1995. How many decades do you need to learn to WAIT with playing an RPG until it's fixed post-launch?

Tyrr

Liturgist
????

When is more content a bad thing? Especially if most of it is probably adding more customization options with new gear, cars, cyberware etc.? Arent mods made by fans just MORE STUFF? Look at shitstesda modding community to know what fanboys want and the anwser is MORE STUFF.
Add content that makes the game deeper, not wider.

Gargaune

Magister
i also think the relic and neck deep is story stuff, hopefully a quest of par with the river or peralez questline and not just more shitty gigs.
The Peralez quest line was a cool bit of narrative, but I'd rather the game work up its level design with a "megadungeon" expansion of sorts, whether it's free or paid-for. Deus Ex 4 went from solid to superb level design between its OC and A Criminal Past, respectively, and CDPR aping Eidos Montreal now would still be a case of better late than never. CBP's systems, shoddy as they are, can nonetheless support much better than 5-minute "raid this 30m² studio flat" miniquests.

Vatnik Wumao
????

Add content that makes the game deeper, not wider.
That's exactly what they are doing though. Deeper itemization & co. rather than new half-assed features.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
The Peralez quest line was a cool bit of narrative, but I'd rather the game work up its level design with a "megadungeon" expansion of sorts, whether it's free or paid-for. Deus Ex 4 went from solid to superb level design between its OC and A Criminal Past, respectively, and CDPR aping Eidos Montreal now would still be a case of better late than never. CBP's systems, shoddy as they are, can nonetheless support much better than 5-minute "raid this 30m² studio flat" miniquests.
h3kuueog0im61.jpg

Make a Dredd style side quest about a raid on this megabuilding.

Zer0wing

Cipher
i also think the relic and neck deep is story stuff, hopefully a quest of par with the river or peralez questline and not just more shitty gigs.
True, everyone and their grandmothers are jizzing in their pants about how big and deep Night City when it's open world nature actually hinders level design. Many of the missions are happening inside Deus Ex: Invisible War-tier small locations.

Gargaune

Magister
h3kuueog0im61.jpg

Yes, funnily enough, 2012's Dredd was exactly what I was thinking about as a possible example. Relatively easy to implement into Night City and it provides a generous microcosm for a proper megadungeon, just build to leverage mechanics to potential.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
True, everyone and their grandmothers are jizzing in their pants about how big and deep Night City when it's open world nature actually hinders level design. Many of the missions are happening inside Deus Ex: Invisible War-tier small locations.
It makes sense for small time gigs to take place in rather small locations like night clubs or apartments and you have bigger locations like that Arasaka industrial complex you have to infiltrate during the main quest or wraiths camp during panam side quest but you are right it would be good to have more bigger locations.

Yosharian

Arcane
What would you propose instead?

inb4 abandoning the project altogether
Every spare minute needs to be spent fixing what already exists in the game, not adding new stuff.

Admittedly there are probably teams that are only there to create new content so if that's what this is then that's fine.

Getting excited about a bunch of new toys to install in your cyberware slots seems to me to be missing the point entirely with regards to what this game needs.

Zer0wing

Cipher
It makes sense for small time gigs to take place in rather small locations like night clubs or apartments and you have bigger locations like that Arasaka industrial complex you have to infiltrate during the main quest or wraiths camp during panam side quest but you are right it would be good to have more bigger locations.
Story-related quests are still happening in rather compact locations compared to old Deus Ex. Granted, nomad ending is bigger and spacier but that's about it.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Story-related quests are still happening in rather compact locations compared to old Deus Ex. Granted, nomad ending is bigger and spacier but that's about it.
Dunno I thought that Industrial park was rather big took me about 70 mins to stealth through, read all the shit and find the prototype smg they had there.

Im talking about this mission.
grusti-ilya-grusti-ivbqjc9.jpg

grusti-ilya-grusti-ivv1kgk.jpg

grusti-ilya-grusti-ivq2krm.jpg

Last edited:

Quillon

Arcane

There was a side quest sending us to a new megabuilding, I expected that but ended up taking the lift to a certain level as usual & dealing with the enemies :/

Zer0wing

Cipher
Dunno I thought that Industrial park was rather big took me about 70 mins to stealth through, read all the shit and find the prototype smg they had there.

Im talking about this mission.
I know what mission this is. So you spent over an hour looking into every corner, reading all notes and grabbing all loot that wasn't screwed to the floor? I didn't do that and finished this quest in a dozen of minutes. IDK, the locations seemed like a DE:HR mission. Not as smol as side content but nothing extraordinary.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
I know what mission this is. So you spent over an hour looking into every corner, reading all notes and grabbing all loot that wasn't screwed to the floor? I didn't do that and finished this quest in a dozen of minutes. IDK, the locations seemed like a DE:HR mission. Not as smol as side content but nothing extraordinary.
Im not saying its something ultra big but it was much bigger than anything in DE: Invisible war and you probably missed this gun:

location_smg_arasakat8lkvb.png

Zer0wing

Cipher
Im not saying its something ultra big but it was much bigger than anything in DE: Invisible war and you probably missed this gun:

location_smg_arasakat8lkvb.png
Well many is not exactly "everything" but still a dominant part of games' content.

Yes I missed it and wouldn't want to search for because I don't like how they implemented smartguns.

Gargaune

Magister
It does make narrative sense and CBP seems to have gone with the organic approach to its locations, as opposed to DX's or even Fallout's dungeon-style level design, but they're not really conducive to good gameplay, you get this stuttering loop of punctuating rambling around town with quick little burglaries. This fits into my earlier complaints about core vision and pacing, so much effort went into making all of these minor gigs when the game would've been better off redirecting those resources to larger side-missions.

Still not having finished the game, the most "DX-like" mission I can recall was Riders on the Storm, but it was still on the short side... Can't say much about Arasaka's warehouse since I'm playing Corpo and waltzed right in, though it did look well proportioned for gameplay purposes.

Yes I missed it and wouldn't want to search for because I don't like how they implemented smartguns.
He's making a good point in favour of that mission, even though I don't use smart guns myself, it's that you've got a special material reward for inquisitive players who go off the beaten path to engage with the game. It's a nice touch reminiscent of the likes of DX and that's the thing, there's bits and pieces that show a better developed experience was within reach, but CBP only occasionally lives up to it.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom