Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Magic the Gathering Arena

John Keel

Savant
For sure it is !

I'm glad I have a huge stash of wildcards, gonna brew like crazy

edit: fucking hell, they upgraded the rarities, no way im burning a rare WC on ephemerate, goddamn wotc jews

John Keel

Savant
Historic pauper event easy 2-0

Deck
1 Bubble Snare (ZNR) 47
1 Cartouche of Knowledge (AKR) 51
4 Cartouche of Solidarity (AKR) 8
1 Glaring Aegis (M20) 18
4 Healer's Hawk (GRN) 14
4 Heliod's Pilgrim (THB) 20
4 Battlefield Raptor (KHM) 3
8 Island (SLD) 102
3 Karametra's Blessing (THB) 26
2 One With the Wind (XLN) 64
3 Pacifism (ANB) 16
11 Plains (SLD) 101
1 Rousing Read (M21) 67
3 Sentinel's Eyes (THB) 36
2 Slither Blade (AKR) 79
1 Squire's Devotion (RIX) 25
1 Starlit Mantle (THB) 67
4 Thraben Inspector (SOI) 44
2 Tranquil Cove (M21) 258

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
I was wondering how they make any money on this game. Cuz once you are established the gold you get from playing is enough to get you what you want. That said I focus on 3 or 4 colors and barely have any green cards. If I wanted some I would have to pay.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
I was wondering how they make any money on this game. Cuz once you are established the gold you get from playing is enough to get you what you want. That said I focus on 3 or 4 colors and barely have any green cards. If I wanted some I would have to pay.
money doesnt cut it during their busy summer schedule or if you are interested in historic cards.
Now they are trying to push new idea for historic -> up rarity of mystic archive something cards. Baby steps. It is quite a joke when you compare how historic anthology 4 and those new cards will disrupt historic

EDIT: in before we learn that there is no dup protection for archive stuff

John Keel

Savant
They make money with casual that can't keep up with std and have poor impulse control + drafters

Historic is by far the cheapest format to buy in, mtg is and was always based on a business model preying on retards with addictions issues

John Keel

Savant
hyu3rz4w7ep61.png

What the fuck is this retarded ugly shit, some fucking danger hair lgbtwefdgd+ got this deal but Terese N and giga chad Noah are verbotten

Also historic legal, probably only for a very short time so enjoy it while it last

Newfag-er

Liturgist
in before we learn that there is no dup protection for archive stuff

That will be the likely outcome, since they have no reason to care for this cuz it is a bonus

What the fuck is this retarded ugly shit, some fucking danger hair lgbtwefdgd+ got this deal but Terese N and giga chad Noah are verbotten

Also historic legal, probably only for a very short time so enjoy it while it last

Officially speaking faithless looting died for daddy hoggak sin, but faithless looting also enabled Arclight Phoenix decks to dominate modern for some time

John Keel

Savant
Phoenix will def be a thing with looting & brainstorm in histo, also looting in modern was akin to opal/simian it was doomed to get the axe at some point, Hoggak was just the/a tipping point

Same thing gonna happen in histo, fucking Winota is banned, looting ain't going to stay sadly

I am going to Mardu reanimator soooooooooo hard when it goes live, can't wait

John Keel

Savant
Spoilers for StrixHaven are going to be so disappointing after revealing Mystical Archives

ps: just give me lifefrom the loam & smallpox faggots wotc

John Keel

Savant
demonic_tutor_jp_jwue737Fwe.png

Damn, I despise weebo but this alt art for DT is lit as fuck

Very prestigious if/when/once historic brawl is available

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
hyu3rz4w7ep61.png

WTF that looks like someone defaced a card with ms paint.

That should already be confirmed. When they introduced duplicate protection on previously printed cards they specified it was only for cards with the same art, and reprints with new art wouldn't be dupe protected. That's also assuming they're in the regular packs on Arena, obviously if they're only draft packs then there's no duplicate protection there.

lukaszek

the determinator
Patron
That should already be confirmed. When they introduced duplicate protection on previously printed cards they specified it was only for cards with the same art, and reprints with new art wouldn't be dupe protected. That's also assuming they're in the regular packs on Arena, obviously if they're only draft packs then there's no duplicate protection there.
what i meant in here is shit like pulling 5th dark ritual.

Someone did the math, assuming fabulously optimistic route of having dup protection, if you would need to buy x number of packs to be rare/mythic complete, you would need to double it in order to be mystic archive complete.
Its basically jumpstart issue all over again

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I have no idea how I got mythic rank with this deck, its obscene. It goes against all rules and strategies of mtg. Mythic rank is boring imo, its just a bunch of fast jank decks. Guess its time to go fast jank again.

Deck list for those interested in my retardation.

Deck
1 Elspeth's Nightmare (THB) 91
4 Dismal Backwater (M21) 245
3 Tranquil Cove (M21) 258
2 Disenchant (M20) 14
2 Stonecoil Serpent (ELD) 235
1 Liliana, Waker of the Dead (M21) 108
1 Field of Ruin (THB) 242
1 The Great Henge (ELD) 161
1 Lurrus of the Dream-Den (IKO) 226
4 Scoured Barrens (M21) 250
2 Castle Vantress (ELD) 242
2 Snow-Covered Plains (KHM) 276
4 Realm-Cloaked Giant (ELD) 26
2 Resolute Rider (ELD) 214
1 Folio of Fancies (ELD) 46
1 Wishclaw Talisman (ELD) 110
2 Revoke Existence (THB) 34
4 Epic Downfall (ELD) 85
2 Midnight Clock (ELD) 54
3 Castle Ardenvale (ELD) 238
2 Snow-Covered Island (KHM) 278
4 Snowfield Sinkhole (KHM) 269
4 Castle Locthwain (ELD) 241
2 Elspeth Conquers Death (THB) 13
4 Murderous Rider (ELD) 97
2 Kenrith, the Returned King (ELD) 303
2 Ashiok, Nightmare Muse (THB) 208
3 Temple of Deceit (THB) 245
2 The Birth of Meletis (THB) 5
2 Temple of Enlightenment (THB) 246
3 Temple of Silence (M20) 256
3 Merfolk Secretkeeper (ELD) 53
2 Shadowspear (THB) 236
4 Raugrin Triome (IKO) 251
4 Indatha Triome (IKO) 248
4 Savai Triome (IKO) 253
4 Zagoth Triome (IKO) 259
2 The Magic Mirror (ELD) 51
4 Heliod's Intervention (THB) 19
4 Ondu Inversion (ZNR) 30
2 Ugin, the Spirit Dragon (M21) 1
4 Baneslayer Angel (M21) 6
4 Extinction Event (IKO) 88
4 Foulmire Knight (ELD) 90
3 Crystalline Giant (IKO) 234
3 Banishing Light (THB) 4
2 Atris, Oracle of Half-Truths (THB) 209
1 Lochmere Serpent (ELD) 195
3 Glacial Floodplain (KHM) 257
4 Clearwater Pathway (ZNR) 260
1 Maddening Cacophony (ZNR) 67
4 Pharika's Libation (THB) 111
2 Leonin Warleader (ANB) 13
3 Ruin Crab (ZNR) 75
1 Emeria's Call (ZNR) 12
2 Spinning Wheel (ELD) 234
1 Cling to Dust (THB) 87
2 Crawling Barrens (ZNR) 262
1 Agadeem's Awakening (ZNR) 90
1 Drana, the Last Bloodchief (ZNR) 98
4 Boot Nipper (IKO) 76
4 Brightclimb Pathway (ZNR) 259
3 Skyclave Relic (ZNR) 252
1 Liliana, Death Mage (M21) 328
2 Nullpriest of Oblivion (ZNR) 118
4 Mythos of Nethroi (IKO) 97
4 Nighthawk Scavenger (ZNR) 115
3 Eat to Extinction (THB) 90
2 Inscription of Ruin (ZNR) 108
3 Shatter the Sky (THB) 37
2 Snow-Covered Swamp (KHM) 280
1 Snow-Covered Swamp (KHM) 281
1 Giant Killer (ELD) 14
1 Soul Shatter (ZNR) 127
3 Cloudkin Seer (ANB) 25
3 Bloodchief's Thirst (ZNR) 94
1 Heliod, Sun-Crowned (THB) 18
2 Luminarch Aspirant (ZNR) 24
1 Liliana's Scorn (M21) 329
1 Rankle, Master of Pranks (ELD) 101
1 Acquisitions Expert (ZNR) 89
1 Kiora Bests the Sea God (THB) 52
2 Valki, God of Lies (KHM) 114
2 Starnheim Unleashed (KHM) 33
1 Tergrid, God of Fright (KHM) 112
1 Shimmerdrift Vale (KHM) 267
4 The World Tree (KHM) 275
4 Doomskar (KHM) 9
3 Poison the Cup (KHM) 103
2 Kaya the Inexorable (KHM) 218
2 Burning-Rune Demon (KHM) 81
1 Reidane, God of the Worthy (KHM) 21
2 Murder (ANB) 53
1 Snow-Covered Plains (KHM) 277
4 Ice Tunnel (KHM) 262
2 Replicating Ring (KHM) 244
2 Blood on the Snow (KHM) 79
3 Temple of Mystery (M21) 254
1 Shadows' Verdict (ZNR) 124
2 Temple of Malice (THB) 247
1 Barkchannel Pathway (KHM) 251
1 Temple of Silence (M21) 255
1 Mythos of Brokkos (IKO) 168
2 Dream Trawler (THB) 214
2 Vantress Gargoyle (ELD) 71
2 Sea-Dasher Octopus (IKO) 66
1 Mythos of Illuna (IKO) 58
1 Esika, God of the Tree (KHM) 168

wut.png

what i meant in here is shit like pulling 5th dark ritual.

Someone did the math, assuming fabulously optimistic route of having dup protection, if you would need to buy x number of packs to be rare/mythic complete, you would need to double it in order to be mystic archive complete.
Its basically jumpstart issue all over again
Ah, yeah that'll be a pain in the ass. Especially if they only show up in draft packs, which means no protection. And then the upshifted rarity on some shit will make it even more obnoxious.

I have no idea how I got mythic rank with this deck, its obscene. It goes against all rules and strategies of mtg. Mythic rank is boring imo, its just a bunch of fast jank decks. Guess its time to go fast jank again.
Congrats! That's a hell of an adventure.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
Yeah I had a really slick deck that started losing a lot when this set arrived. So I threw together a bunch of op cards in one deck and now I win most games. Strange. I think some cards are just so powerful it kind of dictates how the game will play out and how the decks should be made.

I also used to fill my decks with huge sorceries like board wipes and stuff, but there are too many game ending cards that I need instants for, so I am upping my instants game. Got tired of tapping out on turn 5 or something and then he wins next turn with an ultimatum or something massive.

John Keel

Savant
Don't forget that when a set release you face harsher competition than later, so maybe your deck isnt that much better as time pass but you're matched against more scrub :D

Btw Historic shakeup week3 is kind of awesome, the format is at least 2 turns slower and allow for so much more jank than usual it's fantastic, having a blast with Kaalia mardu reanimator

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Don't forget that when a set release you face harsher competition than later, so maybe your deck isnt that much better as time pass but you're matched against more scrub :D

Btw Historic shakeup week3 is kind of awesome, the format is at least 2 turns slower and allow for so much more jank than usual it's fantastic, having a blast with Kaalia mardu reanimator

That's probably it.

For me, It normally takes time to farm wild cards for a new set.

People in the mythic rank stop playing once they reach the qualifier stage. No point risking their qualifier status.

John Keel

Savant
I can't get over Brainstorm & Faithless looting upshited to Rare, this piss me off SO MUCH.

These fucking jew will probably wait forever to reintroduce them at Common in MTGA, ending up with 2 (or more) playset gallore

Wotc can't really into digital space, it's insane

Yes I can afford to craft them and yes I'm Uberjew.

It's a matter of principle

y4S9pWE.png

Ranselknulf

Arcane
Patron
I dump most of my gold on booster packs, although i did spend about 50K gold on random cosmetic cards to make my deck pop a bit.

I usually buy 2 packs from standard then dump one pack into a random historic booster, at least until I get all the standard cards I want, then I reverse that.

I got a ton of historic cards, but I'm not sure what I have yet because I haven't really broken into historic yet.

John Keel

Savant
Why don't you craft a solid historic deck and farm events for golds / ICR instead ?

Much more efficient imo, and you can use gains to buy packs

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom