Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Malice & Greed hits Early Access

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Malice and Greed; Xendra

Malice & Greed has also been released on Steam Early Access. It's currently on a "release" sale discount of 20% off for $11.99US, regularly $14.99US. It's apparently a capture critters, kill critters, battle critters, train critters, level critters kind of thing. Here's a video and a feature subset:

Even in Early Access, Malice & Greed is already packed with:
  • 350+ Skills to use!
  • 70+ Units to battle and abduct, each with 6 skills!
  • 12 Characters to form Connections with, unlocking 49 unique perks & benefits!
  • 15+ Bosses to slay, and take for your own team!
  • 90+ Items to discover!
  • 50+ Dangerous battle modifiers!
  • An endless number of random Bounties that apply perks &difficulty modifiers, and offer rewards!
  • An enormous diversity of growable random herbs that act as powerful temporary skills!

I kind of dig that crazy 1980s feel about it. Neon. Heavy guitar. It appeals to my Gen X sensibilities. Oh yeah, and carnage and murder!

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The music is nice, but the gameplay and graphics are just weird. Is it some pokemon knock-off or something?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Have no idea what I'm looking at. Some real oddball games have appeared in the absence of real RPGs.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
The music is nice, but the gameplay and graphics are just weird. Is it some pokemon knock-off or something?

Supposedly it's closer to the SMT games. I've never played them, but people in the Shoutbox have told me it's an excellent use for my 3DS.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Very huge variety of enemies..
Mmmmm hmmmm
Wcmprhw.jpg

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Yup, I was wondering about that also. It is in Early Access, so I'm hoping he adds more space invadery representations of the bad guys. I really like the aesthetic of the game, though. I said that it really reminds me of the 1980s, and the blocky sprites kind of nails the old coin-op game sprites from the early 80s, or even the Atari 2600. However, per the video and the screenshots, there's not a lot of them unless he's using all the same critter in some of them.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
I thought they might be ultima Orcs that pump iron. I've seen similar games like Bardstale 4 where it sure seems to take a lot of crap just to kill/subdue an enemy. Must get less confusing.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
You guys realize the icons are placeholders right? The actual beta art for units looks like this

oyfWM5U.png

We know that they are placeholders but when you promote your game with "70+ Units to battle" it's pretty retarded to show a video just slaying the same paper dolls for 10 minutes.
Even if it's in early access it's not that hard to include 5-10 different enemies just for the shake of presentation.

Xendra

Arcane
Developer
Well, rats. I was really liking the big pixel art with the neon and guitar. The guitar is still in the game, right?

Yeah the music is all staying, there's quite a lot of music in the game right now but some of it can be hard to get far enough to access because the new player experience needs a lot of work with helping players understand the game

Xendra

Arcane
Developer
gameplay video is being replaced later today with updated one, but the steam trailer was captured on a pretty recent version so that is pretty much accurate to the current state of the game

This game is completely nonsensical to look at

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom