Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Since this doesn't seem to have been posted yet,

Is this guy retarted? Go to conclusion and hear him say shit like this:

"Too much dialogue is devoted to fictional technology and other shit" which is obviously false. Then he says "First person perspective limits how interesting the story could be" because story would be better if there were 3rd person cutscenes? Really funny shit from a pop a mole youtuber who is a fanboy of Cod and Halo :lol:. Another of his brain farts "Characters dont have compelling motivations". Of course then you have wankery over open world of Witcher 3 which is basically the same thing in Cyberpunk shitty AI included in both. Good thing I skipped to the very end and wont waste more of my time.

This guy reminds me of some of the bethesda fanboys saying that Fallout 4 is bad while praising Fallout 3 :lol:

Last edited:

JustMyOnion

Educated
I guess they've used a similiar weapon/armor progression system as in Witcher (with level restrictions and all), but it wasn't so jarring there. Problem with suspension of disbelief in the modern setting maybe?
Did Witcher 3 even have mundane shit like shirts? All I remember were clothes you got for specific quests. At least, nothing that could ever outperform proper armor.
Lead gameplay responsible is out.

New Ubisoft studio in Poland confirmed.

Yosharian

Arcane
Act Man is just a little bit cringe but his heart is in the right place and he's far more talented than Angry Joe ever was. His videos are still entertaining even if he is pretty much a normie. He has quite a few good videos so don't dismiss him out of hand based on this particular one IMO

This one is pretty good I think

This one too

Last edited:

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Act Man is just a little bit cringe but his heart is in the right place and he's far more talented than Angry Joe ever was. His videos are still entertaining even if he is pretty much a normie. He has quite a few good videos so don't dismiss him out of hand based on this particular one IMO
Bro he is just another pop a mole angry pendejo the only jewtuber i tolerate is neverknowbest because he reads the codex and probably is a poster here. Shit man would never review Age of Decadence or Underrail because that wont give him the sweet clicks. His heart is rotten and

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Then he says "First person perspective limits how interesting the story could be" because story would be better if there were 3rd person cutscenes?
Yeah?
Competently directed cutscenes i.e. Witcher 3 do a far better job of engaging people in the narrative than this Half Life method of letting players jerk themselves off in the corner of a room while characters talk about what's happening.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Yeah?
Competently directed cutscenes i.e. Witcher 3 do a far better job of engaging people in the narrative than this Half Life method of letting players jerk themselves off in the corner of a room while characters talk about what's happening.
Yet you have legion of normies wanking over Half life 2 "awesome" story explain and I bet that our pop a mole king Act man is one of those normies.

SpaceWizardz

Liturgist
Yet you have legion of normies wanking over how Half life 2 has awesome story explain.
DEEP LORE.
Even with that said it's not like Valve is praised for their storytelling in the same manner as CDPR, Bioware, Naughty Dog, or Telltale, the common point between the latter four being the TV drama level production values in their cinematics and scripts.
Cyberpunk's first person lock is a consequence of it's mangled development and it shows, scenes were not written with a first person perspective in mind and lack the direction, pacing, cinematography, etc. of Witcher 3 that mainstream audience gushed over. The obvious exception being the ending cutscenes which somewhat prove my point as most people say those were the best parts of the game.

Old Hans

Arcane
Bro he is just another pop a mole angry pendejo the only jewtuber i tolerate is neverknowbest because he reads the codex and probably is a poster here. Shit man would never review Age of Decadence or Underrail because that wont give him the sweet clicks. His heart is rotten and

yea this guy and Noell Caldwell Gervais are good. although their voices take some getting used to

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Yeah NeverKnowsBest is p. good.

Then again his defining cRPG as "isometric" is both hilarious and retarded, especially as he himself admits the first cRPGs were dungeon crawler blobbers.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Gargaune, thought I'd let you know I've settled in on the following and having really nice results so far:

- Still RTX off, but DLSS at Quality
- Clamping the Negative LOD Bias like we talked about to mitigate the Moiré effect on textures when using DLSS
- Also using the Ultra Enhanced Reshade mod specifically with its CAS and LumaSharpen options (only)

Also, in addition to G-sync, I've set my monitor refresh to 120Hz and set the in-game Vsync to that same frequency, which really helps a lot with the hitching when you enter a vehicle and spin the camera around.

If I lock the upper framerate to 100, even with almost all options maxed out, I'm rarely dipping into the 90s, so the gameplay is consistently good, even during heavy combat. Doing this further reduces hitching.

I'd post screenshots but they don't do justice to the sharpness seen in-game so I won't bother.

By the way, the training mission you get for Corpo-Rat where you go into the apartment to save the girl and she gets picked up by the trauma team (is that mission the same for all three storylines?) is p. frickin' incredible. I know most of it is scripted, but the ride back to your apartment is very impressive.

Danikas

Arcane
By the way, the training mission you get for Corpo-Rat where you go into the apartment to save the girl and she gets picked up by the trauma team (is that mission the same for all three storylines?) is p. frickin' incredible. I know most of it is scripted, but the ride back to your apartment is very impressive.
Yes this is the mission where all 3 intros converge going into the game further all they offer is: 1 unique quest for each intro (Street kid gets a quest with that shady fixer Kirk who fucked him at the start, Corpo gets a quest with Frank from Arasaka Hq and Nomad gets a quest to retrieve his old car) some flavour dialouge options and sometimes alternative solutions to quests (Corpo for example can get into Arasaka Industrial park without any sneaking just by talking to the guard).

They are not as inconsequential as some people are making them out to be but they could have done much more with them. 1 more unique quest for each intro and some more dialouge options and quest solutions restricted to each intro would make them much better and possibly warrant a replay.

Yosharian

Arcane
Gargaune, thought I'd let you know I've settled in on the following and having really nice results so far:

- Still RTX off, but DLSS at Quality
- Clamping the Negative LOD Bias like we talked about to mitigate the Moiré effect on textures when using DLSS
- Also using the Ultra Enhanced Reshade mod specifically with its CAS and LumaSharpen options (only)

Also, in addition to G-sync, I've set my monitor refresh to 120Hz and set the in-game Vsync to that same frequency, which really helps a lot with the hitching when you enter a vehicle and spin the camera around.

If I lock the upper framerate to 100, even with almost all options maxed out, I'm rarely dipping into the 90s, so the gameplay is consistently good, even during heavy combat. Doing this further reduces hitching.

I'd post screenshots but they don't do justice to the sharpness seen in-game so I won't bother.

I am really gonna enjoy watching you go through the 5 stages of grief as you progress further into this game

typical user

Arbiter
Yes this is the mission where all 3 intros converge going into the game further all they offer is: 1 unique quest for each intro (Street kid gets a quest with that shady fixer Kirk who fucked him at the start, Corpo gets a quest with Frank from Arasaka Hq and Nomad gets a quest to retrieve his old car) some flavour dialouge options and sometimes alternative solutions to quests (Corpo for example can get into Arasaka Industrial park without any sneaking just by talking to the guard).

They are not as inconsequential as some people are making them out to be but they could have done much more with them. 1 more unique quest for each intro and some more dialouge options and quest solutions restricted to each intro would make them much better and possibly warrant a replay.

I've expected 3 different narratives / voice-overs for V. Currently there is only punk-V. We do not have cunning, charismatic Corpo-V or distrustful, geraldo-rugged but honest Nomad-V. I've also expected 2 exclusive questlines / storyline acts for each lifepath. They have released 3 seperate trailers about them, so everyone expected this would be similar to GTA V which also had 3 trailers about it's protagonists (and actually delivered on the promises).

Why would anyone expect GTA V quality? Because Cyberpunk 2077 had bigger budget (only Red Dead Redemption 2 costed more), a lot of time and Witcher 3 was pretty good popamole RPG.

Yeah?

Because there is nothing worth noting in those dialogs. I don't remember a single time where I had to remember where my target is, what security he has or where I can cause a diversion. Arasaka Waterfront is the closest thing but you can't really fail there. I'm just saying, CDPR made CP2077 retard-proof with dialogs on rails, clues-scanning, quest-markers, GPS on minimap, current objective on your screen, skill/lifepath tags in dialogs and probably something more that I've forgot.

The game is braindead, you can't fail most of the quests unless you do something stupid and if you fail them you will get that sad sound-que and red message on your screen to make you want to reload immediately. Remember Gangs of Novigrad quest in Wticher 3? The one where you had to trash numerous places to find out where Whoreson Junior is? If roleplayed nicely you would end-up with an ugly-reminder how you failed that quest in your journal because you didn't participate. I wish I could turn-down all Panam requests because she is spoiled brat and because my Corpo-now-merc-V wanted to get paid but there were no alternatives if I would. It's nice this game for a change allows me to refuse quests (unlike Skyrim which shoves them right down your throat and into your journal) but shouldn't I get some back-up content elsewhere if I do? The game is already bare-bones and stripping myself of more hours is nonsensical (well on the other hand, when I realized how hot-garbage it is, I just wanted to delete that thing from my system as soon as I got to end-credits).

Danikas

Arcane
Why would anyone expect GTA V quality? Because Cyberpunk 2077 had bigger budget (only Red Dead Redemption 2 costed more), a lot of time and Witcher 3 was pretty good popamole RPG.
Sure the only problem is Gta 5 had 1000 people working on it while Cyberpunk had 500 and changed direction mid development. :lol:

Gargaune

Magister
That reshade does look nice, maybe I'll give it a go after 1.2 rolls out. I like the higher sharpness, but I'm not fond of increasing contrast in general.

And like Danikas said, that rescue mission is already the joining point for the three intros. But if you enjoyed it, you'll have more of that kind of content in the Main and Side missions. The Gigs are lower grade quests, CBP's alternative to "activities", they're shorter and more basic missions, but some of them can still yield nice rewards or offer a bit of fun in the stealth approach.

Why would anyone expect GTA V quality?
Am I the only who doesn't get the GTA V worship? Couldn't push myself past twenty hours, it was more polished and had better "city life" subsystems, but the city itself felt flatter in scale and the gameplay was duller than CBP's. Aside from the cheap Tarantino knock-off, what's the appeal? Playing taxi?

I'm well aware that GTA is CDPR's chief inspiration for their games these days, both TW3 and CBP, but I think that's one of their core mistakes - CBP would be a better game if they drew more from the likes of DX and Bethesda Game™.

Is there some mod that fixes the LOD texture pop-in? Is it the negative LOD clamp? or how do u fix that?
Only three that I'm aware of: CPU, RAM and GPU.

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Am I the only who doesn't get the GTA V worship? Couldn't push myself past twenty hours, it was more polished and had better "city life" subsystems, but the city itself felt flatter in scale and the gameplay was duller than CBP's. Aside from the cheap Tarantino knock-off, what's the appeal? Playing taxi?
Gunplay which is like 50% of GTA gameplay is trash in every entry of the series. Storyline in Gta 5 takes 30h max to beat and after that all you are left with is creating random chaos on the road gets old pretty fast.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom