Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
LOL jesus christ Drog time to calm down

Typical libtard misdirection.

Hey, I'll take a Drog (or whatever libtard name you can throw my way) any day over a Swede that openly promotes libtard policies leading to the destruction of their very county. Have you been outside your house lately? You guys pat yourself on the backs for being so woke that you allow Muslims to basically invade your towns and rape your own wives and daughters. Nobody should listen to any word that comes from a libtard Swede when they let that shit happen to their own women. We don't want more of that woke shit coming into our RPGs thank you. Don't forget to pickup a few extra prayer rugs next time you're at Ikea, because it sure looks like you're going to be needing them.

I have to say that I'm really having a great time getting to know all my new friends here on the Codex. I really think this is what's been missing in my life all these years. :dealwithit:

cyborgboy95

News Cyborg
Realms Beyond is truly a gift that keep on giving, the incompetence of these developers truly knows no bound.

XZiujoH.png

JVBJ53b.png

R1vKv3Q.jpg

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Hob & Thara are not bad people. They are just modern germans and as such ok with others shitting down their throat. This other guy, second half-owner, must be either financially insane or motivated by something else besides finances to hold Realms Beyond IP as hostage. BTW: today we found out they were never friends with Ghost CEO, just business partners. Whole situation is weird and funny

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
By the summer, fate of company and game will be known. Financial termination in summer unless wunder happens

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
So partner is trying to squeeze them for engine IP?
Could be! That would explain a lot!

What's for sure, is that he's fully aware of dire situation. He responded two weeks ago to all of their questions EXCEPT those related to game and company. Previously he ghosted them for 6 months. In Serbian: Jebe ih u mozzak. Rough translation: He fucks with their brains

Luzur

Good Sir
I guess we will never see JarlFrank world building in action :negative:

But I assume there would have been a lot of ladies with no shoes for some reason.

Lot of random NPC dialogue would somehow be about feet, and having them in the face, i bet

Typical libtard misdirection.

Hey, I'll take a Drog (or whatever libtard name you can throw my way) any day over a Swede that openly promotes libtard policies leading to the destruction of their very county. Have you been outside your house lately? You guys pat yourself on the backs for being so woke that you allow Muslims to basically invade your towns and rape your own wives and daughters. Nobody should listen to any word that comes from a libtard Swede when they let that shit happen to their own women. We don't want more of that woke shit coming into our RPGs thank you. Don't forget to pickup a few extra prayer rugs next time you're at Ikea, because it sure looks like you're going to be needing them.

I have to say that I'm really having a great time getting to know all my new friends here on the Codex. I really think this is what's been missing in my life all these years. :dealwithit:

sup Drog

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

But I assume there would have been a lot of ladies with no shoes for some reason.

You mean for a very logical and sense-making lore reason!!

But no, what my worldbuilding actually contained was:
- late medieval/early modern religious strife inspired by the Reformation, with two church factions shitting on each other and the player able to choose sides
- a mythology with roots in Biblical, ancient Greek and ancient Sumerian myths, including one or two in-game books I've written in an archaic bronze age writing style
- a main quest centered around the religious conflict between old church and new church, with a theme of the Arthurian grail legend at the heart of it; from what I've seen in the few post-Kickstarter updates from the devs, they kept that mostly intact, but added another "evil cult" faction to the mix

Shame it's not gonna see the light of day.

- late medieval/early modern religious strife inspired by the Reformation, with two church factions shitting on each other and the player able to choose sides
- a mythology with roots in Biblical, ancient Greek and ancient Sumerian myths, including one or two in-game books I've written in an archaic bronze age writing style
- a main quest centered around the religious conflict between old church and new church, with a theme of the Arthurian grail legend at the heart of it; from what I've seen in the few post-Kickstarter updates from the devs, they kept that mostly intact, but added another "evil cult" faction to the mix

How much time did you spend writing all those? :(

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron

How much time did you spend writing all those? :(

Joined the project in late 2016, stayed until mid 2018. The actual worldbuilding started at some point in 2017, the time before that was mostly tossing ideas around (which included a historical-mythological RPG set in the 6th century AD, but we decided for fantasy because of the assets we had). A lot of the worldbuilding I did was for regions that were later decided to be turned into expansions, rather than being part of the base game, because they would have increased the scope even more. Those regions would still have been referenced in the game of course, and I think I even wrote a merchant character from Sabag-Hirar whom you could meet in Cormac and buy exotic wares from.

It's a real waste of a good setting. I still worked at uni when I did the worldbuilding for RB, so I had access to all kinds of historical and mythological sources which I used as inspiration for the fantasy cultures.
"We have a Mesopotamian-style civilisation in the south? Ok let me go and fetch a book on Assyrian royal inscriptions from the library and use that as inspiration."

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
So i guess this is now dead.
Eternal lie etc.

I have an IDEA. How about HobG releases the engine and tools to the Kickstarter backers (chumps lol)?! How about that?
Ceres Games certainly arent getting a publisher anymore and public trust is at -1. He aint finishing the content alone, thats for sure...
Cant even license the engine since Unreal went basically free and now even Godot is eating at Unity in PC space.
GIVE TEH PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!

Darth Canoli

Arcane
The game was almost finished and ready to be released, but then they fired the only feet modeler/developer they had. So now they find themselves with a full game with only one problem: none of the character models has feet. As you can imagine, they can't release an RPG without feet.

A sad story indeed.

BB made it without feet. So there is still hope of sorts....
Also at this point just release the fucking source code and editor.

Makes me think, i never asked, what do you think, JarlFrank about bro design in Battle Brothers?

So partner is trying to squeeze them for engine IP?

Could be! That would explain a lot!

What's for sure, is that he's fully aware of dire situation. He responded two weeks ago to all of their questions EXCEPT those related to game and company. Previously he ghosted them for 6 months. In Serbian: Jebe ih u mozzak. Rough translation: He fucks with their brains

How about a Codex fundraiser to hire a cheap bulgarian hitman to solve the problem?
I've heard they have a neat trick involving an umbrella.

JarlFrank

I like Thief THIS much
Patron
The game was almost finished and ready to be released, but then they fired the only feet modeler/developer they had. So now they find themselves with a full game with only one problem: none of the character models has feet. As you can imagine, they can't release an RPG without feet.

A sad story indeed.

BB made it without feet. So there is still hope of sorts....
Also at this point just release the fucking source code and editor.

Makes me think, i never asked, what do you think, JarlFrank about bro design in Battle Brothers?

Battle Brothers' bro design is totally cool. There's no battle sisters so I don't mind the lack of feet whatsoever!

Unwanted

Savecummer

Latest Doxxer Account
Edgy
In one of the Kickstarter updates, they say they hired sser
Thats the Baddle Brothers partial writer, rite?
Comments? How much did you write?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom