Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Age of Decadence - Tips, Tricks and Spoilers

Fenix

Arcane
Vatnik
How many Per thief need?
I know that 7 Cha is a must for training, what about Per?

Parabalus

Arcane
How many Per thief need?
I know that 7 Cha is a must for training, what about Per?

With 8 you get everything there is, I wouldn't drop it since it ties into so many things.

You can go 495877, doing Teron fights will be a bit rough but very doable. Will need throwing for climbing.

Jason Liang

Arcane
Fulvio training is 10 not 15. Which might imply some of the other numbers are off too.

Fulvio gives 15 ranged, TG Aziz gives 10 melee.
Why do you lie ?
Maybe you are playing a different version?

https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/best-combat-build-for-a-first-timer.113202/page-4#post-4953412

Compare the bow skill at character creation and after getting the free trainings. 32 at character creation, 47 after trainings.

Absinthe

Arcane
Merchant Guild gives you +15 SP from Zenon training, then another +15 SP from Cado's training (sign the contract), then you defect to IG because you're not getting Linos's training anymore so you can complete with a +20 SP Kingmaker training (in addition to +5 combat training). This leaves you with +50 SP from training, +5 melee, +5 dodge, +5 block, iirc. Another stunt is to defect directly to HA through the mine instead of getting Kingmaker so you can get the Darius's Tomb bonus quest, but you can also defect from IG to HA, iirc. There's also the option to get Linos training, complete MG4, get Maseus training (+20SP), then defect to HA.

which is almost there except Azis' reward "scales"

What that that mean? Is that Aziz from TG? Scales? How?

It gives 10 combat rating, without giving a skill level, if you go to 10 it's worth potentially 40 SP (minus the passives).
That's also what makes Perception so powerful for hybrid builds. That and the amount of things you can spot and pick up with Perception checks.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane
Feng OR Cassius +15 (+1 cp or +1 cs for killing Cassius)

Why not betray Feng and get both for TG?
iirc you can't get both as TG, don't remember the exact problem though. It could be your House reputation is too low as TG? iirc you start with a higher house reputation as AG. iirc getting both requires a pretty high House reputation, even with 7 CHA.

Parabalus

Arcane

iirc you can't get both as TG, don't remember the exact problem though. It could be your House reputation is too low as TG? iirc you start with a higher house reputation as AG. iirc getting both requires a pretty high House reputation, even with 7 CHA.

It's the rep, though I don't know if you have enough with 9 or 10 CHA, prob not since Thief starts with very low Daratan already.

Johannes

Arcane
If you start loremaster and only then become thief, then it's possible to do it with CHA7. Is there something notable to gain from the already-aligned vignettes, thief or otherwise? Other than Praetor which has its unique storyline (which I've never played)

Being able to get +WoH by killing Cassius, to get Aemolas quest is one thing I suppose. But that prevents getting both trainings in any case...

Parabalus

Arcane
If you start loremaster and only then become thief, then it's possible to do it with CHA7. Is there something notable to gain from the already-aligned vignettes, thief or otherwise? Other than Praetor which has its unique storyline (which I've never played)

Being able to get +WoH by killing Cassius, to get Aemolas quest is one thing I suppose. But that prevents getting both trainings in any case...

If you start Thief you get +10 training from Cado's lockpick.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane

Your rep only sucks if you start as TG. If you start as Loremaster and go into TG your HD rep is +3. And even with Thief opener (-2 HD rep) and 7 Cha you can get 10 HD reputation by making raiders attack the outpost, fixing the smelter, and using 3 etiquette when swearing fealty (there's free etiqette training from infiltrating HD compound, btw). The ring of galbo quest will also get you +1 rep. With higher cha it gets easier, in case you're playing a Con Artist thief. You can get both trainings just fine as Thief.

Last edited:

Jason Liang

Arcane

Your rep only sucks if you start as TG. If you start as Loremaster and go into TG your HD rep is +3. And even with Thief opener (-2 HD rep) and 7 Cha you can get 10 HA reputation by making raiders attack the outpost, fixing the smelter, and using 3 etiquette when swearing fealty (there's free etiqette training from infiltrating HD compound, btw). The ring of galbo quest will also get you +1 rep. With higher cha it gets easier, in case you're playing a Con Artist thief. You can get both trainings just fine as Thief.
Have you actually tried? First the premise is starting as TG, not Loremaster, since I was including the training from the TG prelude. Second, iirc, there is a timing issue which requires you to get to 10 reputation and give the ring to Antidas *before* you do either the Outpost or the Raider Camp in order to get the trainings later. Iirc you don't get the reputation boost until after you talk to Dellar, and you can't talk to Dellar because Cassius snitches on you first.

Anyway, I've tried to get all trainings with 7 CHA TG and ran into that issue.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
Yes, I did, and it works. 7 Cha Thief vignette, make Raiders attack Mining Outpost, Fix Smelter, use 3 Etiquette to swear fealty, and you have exactly 10 HD reputation, netting you both Feng and Cassius's trainings. Making raiders attack the mine is the highest rep method to solve those two quests, iirc. It also gets you +1 Word of Honor if you let Esbenus go, which means that if you do the quest before betraying Feng you can also get Aemolas's quest.

I did not experience any timing issue with the ring quest, but the reputation boost from that quest does not matter either way. It is free SP though. There is a timing issue with betraying Feng before infiltrating HD compound, since the Dellar dialogue takes precedence and then you can no longer infiltrate.

Last edited:

Technomancer

Liturgist
Broke my head trying to do absolutely maxed lore run. Want cha 7 for free training and Esbenus tale about hell gate. Need 8 per to get the kit and find stuff in the abyss chamber shelves. Need to start as loremaster and have 10 int to get the gravity well dialogue from Feng and need to have 12 str+dex for palace infiltration and flying chariot scroll. Not possible, have to give up something but just one point short goddammit. If only Vince allowed subtracting from one single attribute for an extra point (except int) down to 3 minimum to form a deficiency, would play a 3 con hybrid doing all difficult fights with this crap lol.

Last edited:

Absinthe

Arcane
You only need 10 str+dex if you use 3 throwing for grappling hook and have a climbing hook. Yes, the climbing hook helps you climb the grappling hook. Incidentally, I think you can loot both a grappling hook and a climbing hook for free from the cemetery with 8 per.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom