Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Last edited:

Reinhardt

Arcane

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
- a main quest centered around the religious conflict between old church and new church, with a theme of the Arthurian grail legend at the heart of it; from what I've seen in the few post-Kickstarter updates from the devs, they kept that mostly intact, but added another "evil cult" faction to the mix

Shame it's not gonna see the light of day.

No! Not another "evil cult" theme in an RPG. Don't designers have any original ideas these days? If I hear the word "cult" in an RPG plot I automatically check out because it's usually some libtard atheist trying to educate us on how other peoples beliefs are bad and you need to buy into their religion of wokeness and fuzzy science instead. The only thing that triggers me more than a boring cult theme is one that has some "demon prince" type villian, or some other JRPG Weeaboo garbage. I'll take sexy woman's feet any day in my RPG over those things.

Hey, thanks Infinitron for the awesome 'Possibly Retarded' tag! That is so cool. :hug: Does it come with a sew on jacket badge I can put on my denim jacket, because I would wear that shit all over town. Sorry for mentioning the fan fiction stuff, because I forgot your wrote some of that stuff once. Didn't mean to trigger your wrath. Yes, I have read your Ultima fanfic before. It's not bad really. Maybe if you kept up with it over the years we would have less cults and demon prince themes in our RPGs plots these days. ;)

So much fun this place! Mother was right, I did need more friends in my life. :bounce:

Last edited:

sser

Arcane
Developer
In one of the Kickstarter updates, they say they hired sser
Thats the Baddle Brothers partial writer, rite?
Comments? How much did you write

Trying to type on phone so bear with me; I can say a few things:

1) JF’s world building was excellent and unique, I say this as someone who is not drawn to high fantasy naturally, but like he mentioned I could see a strong historical influence. There was a LOT baked into it as well and he should see if he can just develop it himself but that’s not my decision to make ~

2) My quests were all of course the best thing ever :smug: I know there was at least one quest line which I thought was pretty badass but I don’t think I can say.

I won’t speak to business matters; all that is private as far as I’m concerned unless the leads want to chime in.

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Infinitron why is bandersnatch still without a shitposter tag? He is doing his best to get it: fulfill his wish and make him happy!

No, what I really want is that 'I'm Ridin' with Biden' libtard tag you have. Except, add an extra jar of Vaseline, because having to bend over and "ride" without that would hurt too much.

Really I'm just waiting to get to 100 posts and the ability to give some of the nice tags to people that I have received. Also, I'm pretty sure I may get a cake or something if I get too 100 from my new friends here, right? Hey I'm almost at 50 posts! Maybe I will do a little dance for my bros when I get to 50 posts, so get ready! :dance:

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You know what I was thinking.... does anyone know if the RB team actually still owns all the tools and tech they need to finish the game? Because that is really the elephant in the room and may be why they are not doing much. If there are disputes on ownership on that stuff, then they have bigger problems right. I mean if it's content ownership claims like story, art, or music, they can always hire someone else to do those over, but if it's actual use of the engine, tools, licenses, etc... then that is a larger problem. :M

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
They own engine. And can start everything over again. For 3ed? or 4th? time. I'm not sure if for that they have strong enough willpower

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Situation with Realms Beyond is developing. I won't share details, no blowjob can loosen my tongue, but tldr is as follows:

NEVER become partner with depressed and ambitionless 30somethin german trust fund kiddo. Hob&Thara learned that lesson the hard way

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Haha, mistakes were made for sure
RPG Codex, do you wanna be the half-owner of Ceres Games????????

Our very own RPG studio! Are you all reeeeady to become Owners!?!?

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
In one of the Kickstarter updates, they say they hired sser
Thats the Baddle Brothers partial writer, rite?
Comments? How much did you write

Trying to type on phone so bear with me; I can say a few things:

1) JF’s world building was excellent and unique, I say this as someone who is not drawn to high fantasy naturally, but like he mentioned I could see a strong historical influence. There was a LOT baked into it as well and he should see if he can just develop it himself but that’s not my decision to make ~

2) My quests were all of course the best thing ever :smug: I know there was at least one quest line which I thought was pretty badass but I don’t think I can say.

I won’t speak to business matters; all that is private as far as I’m concerned unless the leads want to chime in.

It's a real shame this thing is dead, it sounds like some interesting content was produced by both you and JF.

Some boring project dying early in development is one thing, but always a shame when something dies mid or late in the development process.

This IP/idea is truly cursed I swear.

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
We should either buyout or found our own RPG studio. DarkUnderlord would be CEO, rest of us shareholders and members of democratic RPG design parlament with DarkUnderlord's GodGiven tyranical powers to veto any stupid decision, like full voice acting

I'm serious, btw

Efe

Erudite
When was the last time your precious DU played an rpg?
He plays old fps games, as seen in kalin redemption bets

The Wall

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Zionist Agent
Perfect CEO! He can quickly shoot all members of RTwP opposition party in RPG parliament, with minimum bullet spending, leaving more money in budget for tasteful rape mini-game(s)

Bester

⚰️☠️⚱️
Patron
Vatnik
Who do they need to finish the game?
Can this hobo-guy offer his revshares instead of paying people? I would probably volunteer to help them finish it with the programming for revshares, if they had any semblance of legal stability.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Seems like what silent snake is trying to prevent.

J1M

Arcane
Haha, mistakes were made for sure
RPG Codex, do you wanna be the half-owner of Ceres Games????????

Our very own RPG studio! Are you all reeeeady to become Owners!?!?
Serious question. What's the buyout price for the whole studio?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom