Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
so is the patch good? performance? can anybody test?

Gargaune

Magister
yeah i did, you are right there are a couple cars that drive relatively well but for example the mega expensive hypercar that's the most expensive thing to buy ingame drives like shit, so hopefully the patch improves it a little
No argument there, the driving could use some polish all across the board. But I'd actually be more keen for a minimap fix - auto-toggle and zoom out on driving. The number of times I've crashed just because I had to look at it, lest I miss my turn again... Cyberpunk's practically a "don't text and drive" public awareness campaign. Oh, and stop resetting my fucking camera!

guys call me crazy but this patch made me feel some kind of hope?! if they release a couple more patches of that size the game will eventually become relatively bug free. if all the leaked dlc is real and they also improve the looting, fix the non working perks add a transmog system and release a couple big expansions with actual C&C and a better story this game could actually become a 7-8/10 even if it will never be a rpg. i wouldn't have to cope about wasting my money on the CE anymore. i can practically taste the incline.
There's no fixing the gameplay systems anymore, it all hinges on the expansions. Keeping my fingers crossed for that megadungeon.

Here recorded just for you.

Self-Ejected

c2007

Self-Ejected
I think I have 11 hours invested in this... don't really expect it to be something I ever play at this point as I was bored to tears most of that time.

I am shocked that many people have finished it.

JustMyOnion

Educated
Why would anyone expect GTA V quality? Because Cyberpunk 2077 had bigger budget (only Red Dead Redemption 2 costed more), a lot of time and Witcher 3 was pretty good popamole RPG.
Gets even worse when you factor in the higher costs of living, utilities, real estate in Rockstar's studio locations vs. CDPR's.

JustMyOnion

Educated
Seriously, the only thing I'm getting from this thread is how the fuck does a game like W3 get a 38k 24h peak in goddamn March 2021. Gaming is well and truly beyond salvation, release the nukes now.

Dude. You're favourite game is like Homam 3. I mean, I sympathize. But c'mon. Get real. Fuck the fake shock.

I mean, both Skyrim and Homam3 have a shitton of custom content, while W3 barely has anything.
Skyrim has an in depth editor, Homam 3 had 20 years of drunk russian hackers obsessing over it. TW3 has... if memory serves right, text-only scripting tools and texture import/export tools? Really barebones stuff.
Remember what they took from you:

Justicar

Dead game
Glory to Ukraine
Skyrim has an in depth editor, Homam 3 had 20 years of drunk russian hackers obsessing over it. TW3 has... if memory serves right, text-only scripting tools and texture import/export tools? Really barebones stuff.
Remember what they took from you:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Z1lpdqG2QQ
Nobody was using Redkit for Glitcher 2 anyway so it was a waste of time for them and the video you posted negro was made by a dude who was hired by dvd project blue and works on cyberbug right now.

JustMyOnion

Educated
They already use this kind of tool internally. Cutting it down to whatever feature set they want players to have is something an intern could do.

Gargaune

Magister
so is the patch good? performance? can anybody test?
Just had a skim on Reddit (the things you make me do, CDPR...) and I've seen some posts reporting improved performance, but also quite a few complaining about a serious downgrade. Some seemed to point to problems with RTX on the new build. I think I'm gonna sit on this for a bit, see if there's a hotfix inbound.

Pegultagol

Erudite
I see around 15%~20% downgrade in performance.

As for driving, it feels now the braking applies with little delay making cars like Caliburn more useful. And the turning seems to have improved with sensitivity setting but I think it's the most evident when one applies steering with little to no acceleration. I feel it's slippery as ever when trying to navigate with gas applied, spinning out of control. Wish the game still zoomed out the minimap a bit with speed of vehicle.

Self-Ejected

T.Ashpool

Self-Ejected
According to GOG only 17% of players have done the Panam ending. Did people just stop playing before the end?
34.2 % players on Gog have the achievement for finishing the game so I guess half of them finished with Panam ending and the rest probably played one of the other endings.

Anyway another much needed change cars have their own icon on the map now.

4flwish6a0q61.png

And the 6th blank skill was changed to the relic logo

73gn4azib0q61.jpg

Now there was this leak about free dlcs earlier and one of them was called: The relic coincidence?

leak is pretty much confirmed to be 100% real

here check this thread https://www.reddit.com/r/cyberpunkgame/comments/mfuqd3/more_info_on_upcoming_content/

looks like they are planning to make an expansion pass like they did for witcher 3, so get ready to give cdpr some more of your money

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Performance seems unchanged for me, so far, but then again I set the bar at 100fps sustained 95% of the time anyway. Visuals are unchanged. Still looks gorgeous imo.

Mods needed a little adjusting, but I'm very happy to report that the sharpening Reshade I'm using still works flawlessly.

Gargaune

Magister
Mods needed a little adjusting, but I'm very happy to report that the sharpening Reshade I'm using still works flawlessly.
Changelog states they created a new /mods/ folder to replace /patch/ usage, did anything else break for you? CET's already been updated for the latest build, by the way.

Pegultagol

Erudite
Bugger, what specs? RTX, DLSS on?

I am using a 1920x and a 3080. It is pretty terribly optimized system, so I'm probably at the worst case scenario for such test.

Every graphics option enabled (mostly at high settings) at 1440p except reduced motion blur and chromatic aberration. All RTX effects were on, with lighting being Ultra. DLSS was set on Auto.

Driving around Corpo Plaza and I read the drops to 33-37 fps at high speed, usually hovering around 40 idle. Before patch was usually at around 43-48 fps.

I think DLSS is broken. Or there is something wrong with my saved games. Absolutely no difference in FPS between no DLSS and Ultra Performance.

Gargaune

Magister
Bugger, what specs? RTX, DLSS on?

I am using a 1920x and a 3080. It is pretty terribly optimized system, so I'm probably at the worst case scenario for such test.

Every graphics option enabled (mostly at high settings) at 1440p except reduced motion blur and chromatic aberration. All RTX effects were on, with lighting being Ultra. DLSS was set on Auto.

Driving around Corpo Plaza and I read the drops to 33-37 fps at high speed, usually hovering around 40 idle. Before patch was usually at around 43-48 fps.

I think DLSS is broken. Or there is something wrong with my saved games. Absolutely no difference in FPS between no DLSS and Ultra Performance.
Something seems off there, a 3080 should do better even with all the bells and whistles. I dunno about the CPU, I haven't been on AMD in a long time, but it looks like a relatively modern high-end piece. DLSS has made a massive difference on mine, a 9700K and RTX2070, though I think at the expense of some CPU overhead, is it possible that your CPU is bottlenecking so there's no benefit that DLSS can pull from your GPU?

Where RTX is concerned, I think I clocked it to around a 5FPS hit from Medium to High, but I never looked at the number for Ultra. Maybe try dropping down to High and see if that satisfies, I do think I read one comment that suggested RTX in particular's gotten worse on 1.2.

As for the performance drop, that's very disappointing. I remember a time when patches used to make things better, not worse. If a game exhibits Decline, does that make at an RPG?

Mefi

Prophet
Patron
waiting for a train at Perdido Street Station
Hmm. My performance on current settings has been shredded by this patch. 40fps steady down to 30fps. Against that, visuals are back to where they were on release for me with no unloaded textures and no pop in. And it is a buttery smooth 30fps. Win some, lose some. (GTX 1080sc, 5600x, 16gb ram, Evo 860, 1440p w/gsync. Settings could be dialled down a fair bit but I'll not be doing that.)

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom