Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

DaveO

Erudite
I have to ask the pretty obvious question. Liliura, why have you not expanded beyond a blog? There is Discord and various video options to expand your audience.

Testownia

I have to ask the pretty obvious question. Liliura, why have you not expanded beyond a blog? There is Discord and various video options to expand your audience.

Because then Lilura would talk, you'd all find out he's a man, and his popularity would dwindle somewhat.

Falksi

Arcane

Because then Lilura would talk, you'd all find out he's a man, and his popularity would dwindle somewhat.
A man pretending to be a woman would be right at home on Discord.

Dicklords on Discord.

Sounds like an up and coming Bethestard or ZA/UM project.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I have to ask the pretty obvious question. Liliura, why have you not expanded beyond a blog?

Why hasn't the crpgaddict, why hasn't digital antiquarian? Why don't youtubers write, too?

(That's rhetorical.)

There is Discord and various video options to expand your audience.

I'm pretty happy with my strident traction, and I don't need your advice or ideas.

Falksi

Arcane
I have to ask the pretty obvious question. Liliura, why have you not expanded beyond a blog?

Why hasn't the crpgaddict, why hasn't digital antiquarian? Why don't youtubers write, too?

(That's rhetorical.)

There is Discord and various video options to expand your audience.

I'm pretty happy with my strident traction, and I don't need your advice or ideas.

"What's really going to bake your noodle later on is, would you still have broken it if I hadn't said anything?"

That's rhetorical Oracle.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Is there a way to read this blog with those stupid graphic/interface special effects disabled?

No offence, just ruins my enjoyment.

You can view the blog in classic viewmode or mobile viewmode. I like the magazine and sidebar dynamic views; since switching to them my blog has gained 20x the traction. Thus, I'm not changing my layout even if everyone on the Codex hates it.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Liliura, could you please reply with which NWN modules you recommend? Thanks!

In all honesty, Swordflight is the only one I truly recommend. It is possible that I will delete or rickroll my other module coverage soon. Maybe next time I'm in a bad mood.

Alpan

Arcane
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy Pathfinder: Wrath
In all honesty, Swordflight is the only one I truly recommend. It is possible that I will delete or rickroll my other module coverage soon. Maybe next time I'm in a bad mood.

Knowing you, I get where you are coming from, but this is a bad idea: There is no one else who actually covers those modules. Regardless of your current views, your module list is a useful and comprehensive reference for those looking to become aware of just how richly populated NWN really is.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Knowing you, I get where you are coming from, but this is a bad idea: There is no one else who actually covers those modules. Regardless of your current views, your module list is a useful and comprehensive reference for those looking to become aware of just how richly populated NWN really is.

There are other lists, I have many plagiarists, and there is Wayback. Of course, they won't have my SEO, won't ever have it, and so any deletions and rickrolls will be impactful for months, maybe years.

In all seriousness, it may be a good idea to hard-save any NWN posts that you find useful, as deletions and redirections are imminent.

I don't need the NWN module community for views. And tbh, I don't like the community now.

DaveO

Erudite
CRPGAddict won't go digital since he already quit his blog once. He will again. Someone or something will break him(more likely her).

Piotrovitz

Savant
I assume someone already asked this before, but why the fuck the layout looks like straight outta late 90s'?

Is this intentional and is kinda of a theme that suppose to go with the period from which the reviewed games are from, or is it due to piss poor aesthetic taste?

Butter

Arcane
Patron
I assume someone already asked this before, but why the fuck the layout looks like straight outta late 90s'?

Is this intentional and is kinda of a theme that suppose to go with the period from which the reviewed games are from, or is it due to piss poor aesthetic taste?
Be thankful it's not a Geocities page.

agris

Arcane
Patron
Is there a way to read this blog with those stupid graphic/interface special effects disabled?

You can view the blog in classic viewmode or mobile viewmode. I like the magazine and sidebar dynamic views; since switching to them my blog has gained 20x the traction. Thus, I'm not changing my layout even if everyone on the Codex hates it.
Conversely, doesn't this also indicate that substantive improvements in the UI can drive huge increases in the viewership? Seems like you may be settling.

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent

(That's rhetorical.)

I'm gonna ask the question we're all thinking, but no one has the balls to ask.
Where the fuck are the feet pics you promised us?

Gastrick

Cipher
With Discord, you don't get to set the rules, the admins of Discord do, and they arbitrarily delete servers all the time for "hate speech". Telegram or going back to IRC are both much better.

With the wayback machine you can read the articles with the old UI.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
Conversely, doesn't this also indicate that substantive improvements in the UI can drive huge increases in the viewership?

Dynamic views magazine and sidebar mode > traditional Geocities style when it comes to views and navigability.

Seems like you may be settling.

It's just a hobby-blog. But yes, I'm getting position 0 on some keywords in SERP (that is, ABOVE position 1 on Google). But I don't need to change anything for my blog to continue to grow at a rate that disturbs the mental midgets who have posted against me out of petty spite.

Even a few upstart YouTubers have tried to insult me (called me names), thinking they can get ahead of me by sponging off and dumbing down my commentary, but all extant vids are a laughing stock compared to my writings. YouTube actually used to be a viable short-cut for illiterates who wanted to gain cheap recognition in RPG commentary, but it isn't now. Writing is king-tier, and always will be.

Pretty much all forum-goers underrated my commentary's penetrance, and they'll just have to live with that or get an alt. My blog's way bigger than anyone has given me credit for. None of you -- not even my "allies" -- have had the faintest clue, which is amusing to me as someone who posted here before I had a blog.

I don't need to change anything at this point, only consolidate and optimize. In addition, it looks like the new search algorithms are going to favor my style of posting, too.

Last edited:
Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
A plain-text Geocities or -- the best option -- a self-hosted site is better than whatever garbage default layout Blogspot offers.

And when the blog employed the Geocities-style layout, everyone complained. Now that it employs a more stylish layout, everyone complains.

I don't change layouts based on anyone elses preferences, though. Only my own. I changed to Dynamic views because it increases my views (dramatically) and enhances navigability.

Please remember as well, backlinks only accounted for 1% of total referrals in 2020: Lilura1 is 99% raw Google SEO, built from the ground up and against all odds. What that means is, no referrer powers my site, no referrer other than search engines are valuable to me, not even reddit or the Codex. And that means I don't listen to anyone on referrer platforms because they didn't help me get to where I am (which isn't far yet, don't mistake that for arrogance), none of you did, only Google algorithms did. I owe you nothing, least of all a layout change.

This thread could be retardoed, all Lilura1 links could be removed from the Codex, I could stop posting here or be banned, and it wouldn't impact my blog views at all. The reason I post on the Codex is because I posted here before I even had a blog, I enjoy arguing with a few posters here, and I find it amusing at times to see how butthurt some of you get about "one of your own" having a blog.

When I start getting 10 million views per year, I' may end up self-hosting. I just can't be assed at this point.

Last edited:

kuniqs

Novice

I fucked around with the settings and sidebar view + archive mode sets it (somewhat) to what I want. I still have to zoom down my browser font in order to make post titles readable on first glance.

I'd appreciate if there was an easy to read post archive on your blog but I understand if you like my clicks that much.

Self-Ejected

Lilura

RPG Codex Dragon Lady
I fucked around with the settings and sidebar view + archive mode sets it (somewhat) to what I want. I still have to zoom down my browser font in order to make post titles readable on first glance.

I really don't get your issue. By zooming down, I suppose you mean that you need to zoom IN for the text to be big enough to read, which means you are using quite a large display? But I have to do that for most sites I visit...

I'd appreciate if there was an easy to read post archive on your blog but I understand if you like my clicks that much.

You mean one post that contains, say, 100 posts? For example, an entire 20-part retrospective in one post? Those become unmanageable and Google penalizes pages that take too long to load (because I employ illustrative screencaps).

There is a chronological archive, but it's not a chronological follow me blog because I backdate tons of posts in order to grow the blog behind the scenes. The blog seems inactive and stagnating, but it's much more active than it's ever been. It's just that I don't want to bore actual readers with short posts that are mostly about farming keywords. If you browse the blog chonologically, you're going to find yourself swimming in a sea of shit.

Each game that is covered in-depth has its own index page. That is the real way to read and browse the blog (and through labels).

Last edited:

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Even a few upstart YouTubers have tried to insult me (called me names), thinking they can get ahead of me by sponging off and dumbing down my commentary, but all extant vids are a laughing stock compared to my writings. YouTube actually used to be a viable short-cut for illiterates who wanted to gain cheap recognition in RPG commentary, but it isn't now. Writing is king-tier, and always will be.

Pretty much all forum-goers underrated my commentary's penetrance, and they'll just have to live with that or get an alt. My blog's way bigger than anyone has given me credit for. None of you -- not even my "allies" -- have had the faintest clue, which is amusing to me as someone who posted here before I had a blog.

How much better than Edder? https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCu5caf11uRNc_M0zDgrGo1Q

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom