Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Are you getting game mixed up with the DLC? The in game dungeons have all kinds of things going on.
I don't really know, maybe. I've read some reviews or reactions. I can't make up my mind to try the game or not. What I would like from an RPG of this calibre is to go to a dungeon, interact with some things, look out for hidden walls / areas, have an NPC or five along the way, some branched quest or two etc. If you say there are things to explore in dungeons like this, then I am very glad to hear that.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Are you getting game mixed up with the DLC? The in game dungeons have all kinds of things going on.
I don't really know, maybe. I've read some reviews or reactions. I can't make up my mind to try the game or not. What I would like from an RPG of this calibre is to go to a dungeon, interact with some things, look out for hidden walls / areas, have an NPC or five along the way, some branched quest or two etc. If you say there are things to explore in dungeons like this, then I am very glad to hear that.

There are. Welcome aboard. Pls feel free to ask for whatever assistance you deem necessary.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

There are. Welcome aboard. Pls feel free to ask for whatever assistance you deem necessary.
Thank you kindly, Desiderius.

Alrik

Educated
Does anyone know the specific mechanics of Delay Turn? Sometimes the button is there and sometimes not, shouldn't it (at least logically) always be available?

Desiderius

Patron
I think once you take an action it goes away but I could be mistaken. TB with CotW really is a blast. Especially this Sacred Fist4/Sorc1/DD5 MC.

Thx M. AQVILA

Desiderius

Patron
Bard is the jack-of-all trades Bard done right. Bard buffs the whole party, Skald half.

Holic's right.
Well that's the same thing with all Rages. You can't cast if you Rage, so if you're sharing that obviously they're going to get the same Rage you get.

However, Urban Skald on PNP lets teammates cast while in Rage as an Urban Skald would.

Here's the PNP description:
... The controlled inspired rage grants no bonus on Will saves, imposes no penalties to AC, and does not prevent affected allies from using Intelligence-, Dexterity-, or Charisma-based skills. This alters inspired rage."

Urban Skald in PFK IIRC tooltip adds explicitly that the Urban Skald himself can cast, and that it still "does prevents affect allies from using.. etc. etc."

The point is that the Skald is jacks-of-all-trades with some flavor (Kenning and Rage sharing).. but those "flavors" are still jack-of-the-trade-level. TBH in PNP it seems everybody plays either Archaeologist or Arcane Duelist for Bard.

Secondly, buffing the party is not the definition of jack-of-all-trades. Technically the Bard song is the non-jack-of-all-trades for the Bard because nobody else uses that trade lol.

Check out Evangelist Cleric. Comes with Fascinate. Lol I never knew how important Will saves are until I ran around just with Fascinate. Tfw Jubi no will save bomb.

Then they suck. Or rather Bard is misdesigned. If Inspire Courage were a Morale Bonus (and Inspire Competence given the Inspire Courage effect with or without skill checks, then the “song” given to discipline classes like Sensei and Drill Sergeant) everything would work more smoothly.

You’d cast Good Hope to free up your Song for things like Fascinate and Dirge. Then could good back to it later optionally for the larger bonus.

You make a good point about Song being anti-Jack.

Last edited:

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity
Bard is the jack-of-all trades Bard done right. Bard buffs the whole party, Skald half.

Holic's right.
Well that's the same thing with all Rages. You can't cast if you Rage, so if you're sharing that obviously they're going to get the same Rage you get.

However, Urban Skald on PNP lets teammates cast while in Rage as an Urban Skald would.

Here's the PNP description:
... The controlled inspired rage grants no bonus on Will saves, imposes no penalties to AC, and does not prevent affected allies from using Intelligence-, Dexterity-, or Charisma-based skills. This alters inspired rage."

Urban Skald in PFK IIRC tooltip adds explicitly that the Urban Skald himself can cast, and that it still "does prevents affect allies from using.. etc. etc."

The point is that the Skald is jacks-of-all-trades with some flavor (Kenning and Rage sharing).. but those "flavors" are still jack-of-the-trade-level. TBH in PNP it seems everybody plays either Archaeologist or Arcane Duelist for Bard.

Secondly, buffing the party is not the definition of jack-of-all-trades. Technically the Bard song is the non-jack-of-all-trades for the Bard because nobody else uses that trade lol.

Check out Evangelist Cleric. Comes with Fascinate. Lol I never knew how important Will saves are until I ran around just with Fascinate. Tfw Jubi no will save bomb.

Then they suck.
Well you don't have to stick your party as a blob. I just realized the other day that I instinctively spread out a few units to see which enemies goes to the most and which enemies goes to the least. Obviously this means skirmish retreating/temporarily tanking with the one who's getting the most, have my fast guys (Assault Marines/Cavalry) flank their squishies.

Key non-game term = Flank. Forget the bonus for Flanking. Simply doing it is honestly hammer smacking their ass into the anvil. This IS actually real life "tanking" - well, historically real. Skirmishers, then lines of infantry trying to stay alive and hope the cavalry comes to rape the infantry line you were "tanking."

I finally got L11 so I'm playing a Stormwalker. This is OP. Dimension door Standard Action at will. With a ranged attack immediately as swift. Well, I can't say it is more any more or less powerful - versatile perhaps - makes Switch-Hitters very interesting. Have Ekun as one right now but I'm gonna spec someone else as one, that was I don't have to waste feats to get an animal companion so Ekun doesn't bug out.

Desiderius

Patron
I think once you take an action it goes away but I could be mistaken. TB with CotW really is a blast. Especially this Sacred Fist4/Sorc1/DD5 MC.

Thx M. AQVILA
Do I understand correctly that TB is to be implemented only through modding (Nexus)?

Lol, I think they added it in EE? It’s in Wrath and CotW, which are all I’m playing now.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

Thx M. AQVILA
Do I understand correctly that TB is to be implemented only through modding (Nexus)?

Lol, I think they added it in EE? It’s in Wrath and CotW, which are all I’m playing now.
I've only read this about how Owlcat are just cool and nice people in general:
https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/109
But it surely gets interesting.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Holic spends hundreds of hours working on the mod that everyone gets to enjoy
It is enough to have only one contradictory fact to refute a universal quantification. I neither enjoy nor install this mod; ergo, not "everyone", but "someone gets to enjoy the mod".

I have no questions to those someones. People enjoy lots of different things. Apparently, some people enjoy following - for free - very strict requirements that might earn 27 USD per hour in other conditions.

I find odd why you would want to comment negatively on the bug-reporting practices of a mod developer of a mod you place no value upon. If everything is as subjective as you claim and it's a waste of time to copy paste the same bug reporting template a few times to report multiple bugs, it's not fair to make the generalization that filling out bug templates is beyond the average user and deserves any sort of payment. Moral of the story: value is found within the whole process by both the person reporting it and the developer. And, incidentally, a 'QA Analyst' is a new-age job that requires no skill and that anyone can actually perform. The fact that QA personnel are paid in certain industries means absolutely nothing since we live in an age where tenured 'gender studies professors' exist.

Desiderius

Patron
We'll all have plenty of time to be cool when we're six feet under. Nice guys finish last.

They have some genius designers working there who haven't been completely destroyed yet. I enjoy their work. Hope you do as well.

Looks like TB comes with P:K EE since I don't have a specific mod adding it but have it. It is extraordinarily well done. I probably won't go back for Wrath.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron

Desiderius

Patron
This mod in TB no end of fun.

That and some of these classes. I thought at first Ninja was OP and it is plenty powerful but mostly it's just fun shit like Flurry of Darts and the like.

Ninja Stealth.jpg

Instead of the annoyingly useless (if you're playing well) Danger Sense you get this sneaky good passive bonus to Stealth. That fourth Ninja trick lets you spend a Swift ki for a Vanish combined with the extra Stealth makes for a great scout. With advanced Talents you can upgrade the Vanish to a Greater Invis.

SwiftSpeedCharge.jpg

You can also give yourself an extra 30 feet of Speed for a round for a Swift Action (situational Swifts are so good in TB) just in case your Charge isn't quite getting there.

They'd be very good in RTwP too but for some reason Swifts hang in RTwP if you miss the window (?) where they're expected (?). Move actions will do this as well. Free Actions fire immediately. No reason first Swift or Move of the round can't do this too instead of burning your turn waiting to fire. I guess they have to wait for Initiative but often by the time they go off your Standard Action window will be over.

Spiritual Ally Flank.jpg

There are a couple different ways to get this Spiritual Ally Summon. This one comes for free with Battle Host Occultist at level five with another activation each 4 levels. Note the positioning here to set up flanking. This is proper flanking mod which makes you actually flank stuff or no bonus for you.

BattleHostSpiritualAlly.jpg

Here she's picked up the Trappings of the Warrior Panoply at level 10 which gives her full BAB, so her Ally gets it as well and starts to do some real damage.

SickTrick.jpg

Usually you use Dirty Trick for the Blind but the Nature Fang Druid already applied the Blind (using Touch to set up Flat-footed for the team) via no Save Spit Venom. Rogues (including Ninja) can pick up Dirty Trick as a Ninja Trick/Rogue Talent so made use of it here to apply the Sicken. She also has Feint to get the target flat-footed to set up Tricks, then follow up with the Full Attack on the following turn.

The malformed head of that Alpha Wolf means it is a Corrupted Creature which can mean as many as ten extra levels tacked on so this guy is more dangerous than he looks.

NinjaFeintCrit.jpg

This crit was set up with a Feint on the previous turn I think? Anyway it gets them flat-footed so turns on Sneaks and turns off DEX to AC. Perfect for Ninja whose Ki Pool is CHR-based.

LuckBlessingSwordplayUpset.jpg

The main thing to look for here is the Major Luck Domain Warpriest Blessing which lets her reroll every roll for a number or rounds = 1/2 Warpriest level. This may be the most powerful single ability in the game since you get 3 + 1/2 Warpriest level activations so can just keep it up more or less constantly.

But look at the arrow. That is this thing triggering:

https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/swordplay-upset-combat/

Been wanting to use that for a long time. Time for some Ninja tanking.

BurstofNettlesOP.jpg
Wrapping things up with the obviously OP Burst of Nettles going off. I'll leave it as an exercise for the reader why it is the perfect spell for this job against Reflex vulnerable foes.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Snake Fang (Snake Style feat) is hilarious when they keep hitting my Mirror Images.

Benefit: While using the Snake Style feat, when an opponent’s attack misses you, you can make an unarmed strike against that opponent as an attack of opportunity. If this attack of opportunity hits, you can spend an immediate action to make another unarmed strike against the same opponent.

Edit: And... No, I did not think of that on purpose. lol.

Yosharian

Arcane
Snake Fang (Snake Style feat) is hilarious when they keep hitting my Mirror Images.

Benefit: While using the Snake Style feat, when an opponent’s attack misses you, you can make an unarmed strike against that opponent as an attack of opportunity. If this attack of opportunity hits, you can spend an immediate action to make another unarmed strike against the same opponent.

Doesn't a MI hit count as a 'hit' rather than a miss? Hmm. This interaction doesn't seem right.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

Doesn't a MI hit count as a 'hit' rather than a miss? Hmm. This interaction doesn't seem right.
"When an opponent's attack misses you."

Yosharian

Arcane

Yes but technically in order to strike one of your images, the opponent must succeed at hitting your AC first. So depending on which way you interpret it, an opponent might or might not have 'missed' you for the purposes of this feat.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron

Yes but technically in order to strike one of your images, the opponent must succeed at hitting your AC first. So depending on which way you interpret it, an opponent might or might not have 'missed' you for the purposes of this feat.
Failing at hitting AC would be missing lo.

Mangoose

Arcane
Patron
Failing at hitting AC would be missing lo.
Yes, of course? I thought you were making a reference to getting free attacks via Snake Fang when enemies hit your images? Not when they miss your AC completely?
Mirror Image https://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/m/mirror-image/
Whenever you are attacked or are the target of a spell that requires an attack roll, there is a possibility that the attack targets one of your images instead. If the attack is a hit, roll randomly to see whether the selected target is real or a figment. If it is a figment, the figment is destroyed. If the attack misses by 5 or less, one of your figments is destroyed by the near miss.

Jackpot

Learned
Question: If you take a Smilodon as a pet for Mad Dog, does the Smilodon get the improved trip on each attack, or is it a standard action?
I'm thinking that a leopard might be a better pet for Mad Dog if the trip doesn't apply to the Smilodon's attacks.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom