Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

vota DC

Augur
Interested to hear if they added more actual gameplay content, or if it's all just fluffy shit. And yeah, I read the interview, but I don't much trust anything these devs say anymore, sadly.
New quest means a better update than the hardcore mode that nerfed some stuff while you could already win without already without any drugs or alchool. No idea if they improved tribunal and did something different in the endings giving an early Island exploration and something like that.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Didn't make it out of my room yet, the narration is fucking awful. I don't think the voice actor had any idea what the context of the lines was, as he read them in his monotone voice.

Vatnik Wumao
Didn't make it out of my room yet, the narration is fucking awful. I don't think the voice actor had any idea what the context of the lines was, as he read them in his monotone voice.
Not to mention that he often puts the emphases on the wrong words. Still not unbearable, but meh.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Watched Cohh playing this for a bit, thought the VO actually IS unbearable. Jesus christ.

And ACG fanboyed all over this lelw. Poor dude has no ear whatsoever.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Got Revacholian Nationhood, didn't internalize it yet. I wonder at which stage of the game the quest appears. Four out of five fascist characters are located in the first zone, but the Cryptofascist is in the second one.

Vatnik Wumao
On a different note, there are supposed to be new clothes available as well. Are they scattered around the city or have they been simply added to the preexisting vendors?

Vormulak

Learned
Edgy
Got Revacholian Nationhood, didn't internalize it yet. I wonder at which stage of the game the quest appears. Four out of five fascist characters are located in the first zone, but the Cryptofascist is in the second one.
Let us know if the final cut is still more or less completely linear with only 1 conclusion to the investigation.

Vatnik Wumao
Let us know if the final cut is still more or less completely linear with only 1 conclusion to the investigation.
Sure thing, fam. I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you though. :M

Larianshill

Arbiter
There'll be people who'll complete the game far earlier than I shall. It's late at night, and I've made the mistake of starting on hardcore mode, which turned out to have meant a lot of pointless savescumming.

purupuru

Learned
Will the steam auto-update force me into this new version? Should I keep it disabled since I hate full voice acting?
At least the game still runs fine directly from the executable.

Madawc

Educated
Pathfinder: Kingmaker
Should I keep it disabled since I hate full voice acting?

You can choose in-game which mode of voice acting you prefer.

I played it for 3 hours this evening. Haven't turned off the full voice acting yet, although I was also skeptical at first. It's nowhere as bad as you make it out to be. It brings a certain freshness to my second playthrough. However, classic mode clearly remains the best choice for a first playthrough.

purupuru

Learned
Should I keep it disabled since I hate full voice acting?

You can choose in-game which mode of voice acting you prefer.

I played it for 3 hours this evening. Haven't turned off the full voice acting yet, although I was also skeptical at first. It's nowhere as bad as you make it out to be. It brings a certain freshness to my second playthrough. However, classic mode clearly remains the best choice for a first playthrough.
Thank you. I just dislike full narration in rpgs in general, prefer to read at my own pace and leave a bit more to imagination. I was in the mid of my second playthrough, I think I will update and keep the old voice acting.

Hey babies, wake up from your asleep. What exactly does the rebalance of health items entail? Do I need to update my autistic house rules?

Cautiously optimistic re: the new VO. Did they switch out the Chapo Class Reductionist people (Smoker-chan and Kortenaer-kun IIRC?) They were the only ones in the original bunch I didn't like.

EDIT: Narrator VO seems fine to my ear except for the glacial cadence, but listening to the same voice for half of the script seems really overwhelming, and I think it's more fun to project your own personalities into the skills. I see why they added the "Psychological" VO option (which disables the narrator but keeps the rest of the voices) - it is likely what I will end up going with.

Last edited:

Vormulak

Learned
Edgy
Does this make it any good?

If you didn't like it before, you won't like it now.

Unless you're one of those sub-humans who actually want everything to be voice-acted, in which case my answer is "possibly".
Having voice acting in the original was indeed bad but now its even worse with the re-dubbing of old lines being of lower quality than the original. Compare the two iterations of ''fuck does cuno care'' for instance.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom