Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Card-Based Dark Sky (formerly Xenotheria) - Sci-Fi deckbuilding RPG from Ganymede Games

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ganymede-games/xenotheria

https://www.xenotheria.com

Apparently, there's a new Sci-Fi TB RPG in the making.
And the studio behind it had a survey to gauge player's interests.
I don't remember when and where I filled that survey, but yesterday I got a mail with results:

Kkbz2t1.jpg

H6mwe1K.jpg

Curious how over half of respondents are playing on PC, yet 7 out of 10 mentioned "most played" TB RPGs are console releases.

The game site has no info yet, but the art does not look very inspirational.

xB0fHbY.png
Although the art-style could be misleading as we've seen with Dungeon of Nahabahaba.

Last edited by a moderator:

Conan

Arcane
Jeesus.

don’t make polls you fools. Just make the game you want to play and would enjoy. Don’t try to second guess the audience.

Butter

Arcane
Patron
If they go by the polls it's going to be a JRPG with exploding barrels. Very Cool!

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Jeesus.

don’t make polls you fools. Just make the game you want to play and would enjoy. Don’t try to second guess the audience.

In our days of decline, more than ever, most devs don't want to make games.
They want to make money.
Games are just tools and means.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.gamespress.com/zh/Ganymede-Games-opens-early-testing-sign-ups-for-their-debut-video-game

Ganymede Games opens early testing sign-ups for their debut video game titled Xenotheria

New Mexico video game studio Ganymede Games unveiled their debut video game called Xenotheria today. Xenotheria is a single-player, science-fiction role playing game being developed for PC and console platforms.

The team has officially opened sign-ups for players that want to test the game ahead of it’s official release. If you’d like to register your interest in testing the game starting in 2021, head over to the official website: Xenotheria.com

Ganymede Games CEO, Jerry Prochazka, had this to say about this milestone:

“We’re very excited to unveil Xenotheria to the world and start getting feedback from a wider group of players. We’re committed to delivering a high quality, single player RPG experience with memorable characters, an immersive world, and strategic combat.”

Ganymede actively involves players in their development process. Last year, they surveyed over 7,500 gamers to gather their preferences and highlight opportunities to improve RPGs. The full survey results can be found here.

This announcement follows Ganymede’s earlier news in which they raised capital from the NM Angels, ABQid, and the Arrowhead Innovation Fund.

About Ganymede Games:

Ganymede Games is an independent games studio based in Las Cruces, NM founded by industry veterans (Riot Games). They build games for the busy adult adult gamer with a focus on compelling characters, immersive worlds, and gameplay that rewards strategic thinking.

For more information about Ganymede Games visit: https://www.ganymede.games/

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ganymede-games/xenotheria/posts/3384700

100% funded! Thank you!

You did it!!! Xenotheria is 100% funded. Thank you for trusting and believing in us.

We know backing a Kickstarter is a bit of a leap of faith, especially in 2021. We deeply appreciate your support!

We still have a lot of work ahead of us, but let's take this moment together to celebrate!

8708402e526c42dc91aed81ca144b23f_original.gif

Norton is pretty excited

What's next?
With just over 72 hours left in the campaign, we've revealed our first stretch goals! Help us reach the goals by sharing the campaign on social media, especially with any Switch players!

For existing backers, now that we're funded it's a good time to check and confirm your pledge tier. Now is the best time to upgrade your pledge or add an add-on, if you've been thinking about it.

212efc48e1bb3368917ef8d334f03968_original.jpg

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/ganymede-games/xenotheria/posts/3833508

Xenotheria Demo Out Now!​

88f8b7c16e5f6fe6a2bec20fb73908c5_original.png

Hello, Xenotherians!

We are excited to announce the release of our Xenotheria demo for Steam Nextfest! You can download the free demo today by visiting our Steam page, click here to get started.

New Trailer:​

Additionally, we have a brand-new gameplay trailer for Xenotheria. Check it out!

Demo:​

In the demo, you will embark on a quest to find a supply ship to help those in need in Moros, alongside Squig, Norton, and Agama. The journey takes you through the treacherous canyon of Wolf's Hollow, where dangerous wildlife and members of the Muldoon Gang reside. Players will encounter different enemies depending on the path they choose to take.

Customization is key in Xenotheria, and in the demo, you will have the opportunity to build and customize each character's deck. Upgrading Norton's shock chain lightning attack or Squig's laser burst attack can help you combat multiple enemies or deal more damage to a single enemy. You can also add Agama's poison grenade to your deck for more damage over time.

After completing the demo, try replaying it and taking a different path through Wolf's Hollow. Who knows what surprises lie ahead?

Feedback, Wishlist, and Share!​

We would love to hear your feedback on Discord. Your thoughts are incredibly valuable to us as we continue to refine and perfect the game. Thank you for your support, and don't forget to wishlist Xenotheria on Steam today! If you love what you've played, share Xenotheria with your friends to help get the word out.

- Anton, on behalf of Ganymede Games

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
This game was renamed earlier this month.

https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1454960/view/4128182933494568950

Our Name Change & Publisher Announcement
Hey everyone,

Rob here. I am one of the co-founders of Ganymede Games. I'm thrilled to announce that development is progressing smoothly, and we've scheduled our release for Q3 2024. This will be a full release of the game—no early access. You'll be able to play through the entire story and fully immerse yourself in the game world we've envisioned.

We have a few big pieces of news today. First, we've officially changed the name of Xenotheria to Dark Sky as you may have already seen on the Steam Page.

86e9f2cae764f337948f949ab742a39c1eba0070.png

So, why change the name?
We have been considering a name change for a while. While we loved the uniqueness of the name Xenotheria, it was often mispronounced and misspelled. Over time, we grew attached to it, much like you did, but it was still in the back of our minds that we needed to change it before launching. After months of brainstorming, our character artist, Chris, proposed Dark Sky. It clicked with the team and we knew we had something special. Dark Sky evokes a sense of mystery, coalesces with the themes of the narrative, and has a layered meaning. In a crowded world of games, we need every advantage to get the game out there, and the marketability of Dark Sky is stronger. We hope you’re as excited about Dark Sky as we are!

And now for our second bit of news. Last year, we mentioned that we had signed with a publisher but couldn't disclose who due to the need for planning around the announcement. We're now thrilled to reveal the name of our partner: Midwest Games!

Founded by industry veterans, Midwest Games is dedicated to creating opportunities for the vast talent in the Midwest and other underrepresented regions. Based in New Mexico, with a global remote team, we align perfectly with their mission. We've been collaborating with Midwest Games for several months and are excited about their support in bringing Dark Sky to the market. As we shared in October's dev blog, Midwest Games's support includes funding to realize our full vision for the game, along with assistance in localization, QA, and marketing.

New Demo Coming Very Soon!
With the new name and publisher announcement, we're most excited about a fresh demo we're releasing during Steam’s Deckbuilders Fest from March 25 to April 1, 2024! This demo will showcase the new UX/UI, levels, enemies, cards, and much more. We'll provide complete details and a change list as the event approaches. We can’t wait for you to play it.

From Xenotheria to Dark Sky
Reflecting on our journey with this project, we're immensely grateful for your support. Below is a compilation of screenshots highlighting our progress.

52e133d1b70acc8d4df22fc0c79111b7bed4e313.png

c0c07d41ed9709b445a5b7fcf6cacca08f6d2266.jpg

cd08052756c86232385fd0e5a47a094ed274aaf8.png

4c83d9ec4974887fe413295a5f4c53bc4bf7ecee.png

Conclusion
We hope you can feel the momentum here and we appreciate your support. Feel free to shoot us a note on Discord or in the comments with any questions. We look forward to impressing you with the new playable demo for Dark Sky on March 25!

With gratitude,

Rob

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom