Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Metro Exodus Enhanced - out of the metro tunnels and back on Steam

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
It has spiders.

Generic-Giant-Spider

It has spiders.

tenor.gif

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Sam's Story DLC for Metro Exodus is quite fun. Very STALKER-like, although nowhere near its scale and freedom.

Aside from the rather infamous amount of texture pop-in (which is really weird since the main game is virtually bereft of this kind of graphical bug), Sam's Story adds a great deal to the value of Exodus, IMO.

Highly recommended.

JDR13

Arcane
Sam's Story DLC for Metro Exodus is quite fun. Very STALKER-like, although nowhere near its scale and freedom.

Aside from the rather infamous amount of texture pop-in (which is really weird since the main game is virtually bereft of this kind of graphical bug), Sam's Story adds a great deal to the value of Exodus, IMO.

Highly recommended.

Good to hear. I haven't played either DLC yet, but I just grabbed the Gold Edition off Steam since it was 70% off.

Generic-Giant-Spider

My second question now is the 2033 they gave away looks like the vanilla/no frills version from back in 2010 or whatever, I see there are some enhanced edition style things for 2033. Is the enhanced edition vital for any reason or can I find enjoyment from the original, baseline version released a decade ago?

JDR13

Arcane
My second question now is the 2033 they gave away looks like the vanilla/no frills version from back in 2010 or whatever, I see there are some enhanced edition style things for 2033. Is the enhanced edition vital for any reason or can I find enjoyment from the original, baseline version released a decade ago?

They're pretty much the same game. The Redux version uses an updated engine and is better optimized, but it doesn't look any better.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Redux has a bunch of Last Light gameplay additions, such as simplified stealth (in original 2033 stealth had a lot of variables, but at the same time was janky and frustrating), streamlined control scheme and some QoL tweaks. For example, in 2033 knife was equippable as a standalone weapon (you press 1 on a keyboard and your character draws a knife), in Redux knife is used like in call of duty (you press a melee button and character performs a quick stab). Same with throwable explosives.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Now on to the topic of these spiders...

How BIG we talking here? Are we talking some real beefcakes or just little skittering fuckers?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Pretty big from what I can remember. They also get stuck on your visor from time to time.

lycanwarrior

Scholar
Yep, very fun game. However, a bear to run in 4k, especially since it is only using DLSS 1.0 from my understanding.

ferratilis

Magister
It's like Stalker, but without all the things that make Stalker good, and with better graphics. And a consolized UI. And retarded AI. It's basically a modern gamer's dream. Tbh I'd just wait until it's around 10 bucks. Just because I paid 25 for it doesn't mean you have to as well.

JDR13

Arcane
It's easily worth that price, although I'd rather own it on Steam, but that's just personal preference.

SlamDunk

Arcane
https://www.metrothegame.com/news/the-metro-exodus-pc-enhanced-edition-arrives-may-6th

4A Games said:
THE METRO EXODUS PC ENHANCED EDITION ARRIVES MAY 6th

We are pleased to announce that the Metro Exodus PC Enhanced Edition – a radical update that harnesses the power of Ray Tracing-capable GPUs to deliver an incredible visual upgrade – will launch on May 6 2021. The PC Enhanced Edition is FREE to all owners of the original release on Steam, the Epic Games Store, Good Old Games and the Microsoft Store.

It offers additional Ray Tracing features including Advanced Ray Traced Reflections and support for the much requested DLSS 2.0 on NVIDIA hardware, which offers sharper image details and increased framerates and display resolutions. Further collaborating with NVIDIA, this update improves our existing Ray Traced Global Illumination tech innovated with the original release of Metro Exodus to make every light source fully Ray Traced, and implements our Ray Traced Emissive Lighting tech from The Two Colonels throughout the game.

This upgrade is so extensive, it will require a Ray Tracing capable GPU as the minimum spec, and will be delivered as a separate product – it is not a simple ‘patch’ to the base game – instead it will be offered as an extra entitlement to all existing Metro Exodus PC players.

This edition of Metro Exodus can only run on Ray Tracing capable hardware; check out our Recommended PC Specifications chart to see what kind of performance you can expect.

https://www.metrothegame.com/pcspecs/

PC SPECS - ENHANCED
tbL3RoG.png

ADL

Prophet
An entirely separate listing for DLSS 2.0 and ray tracing support? That's strange to say the least.

JDR13

Arcane
I wouldn't mind seeing them do that with Metro 2033 and Last Light as well. I'm guessing it would be more work than it's worth though for those games.

Spectacle

Arcane
Patron
An entirely separate listing for DLSS 2.0 and ray tracing support? That's strange to say the least.
It could be that a lot of graphics assets have been tweaked, so that they no longer work with the old version. So it's either doing a separate version of the game or releasing a patch that would double the size of the existing game installation.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom