Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Vapourware Realms Beyond: Ashes of the Fallen - Chaos Chronicles reborn and dead again

Generic-Giant-Spider

$3.50

Mustawd

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Sarcasm is merely pain.

I'll pray for your impotence. It's usually a choice.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Mortmal

Arcane

Only if we can outwait Mr. Silent Partner. If things crash we should buy it and hire JarlFrank to run it.

But dont worry hobgobelin has a backup plan ! Want to hire hose inept , incompetent scumbag wankers of ceres, go for it ...

I'm content to hire JarlFrank. Free seems like a savvy price.

you can hire jarlfrank and compile something using kotc2 editor. No really ,its possible, its D20 it works well for tactical turn based combat encounters. The big flaw was pierre is able to do the hard things like scripting an AI but unable to to do the easy things like dungeon design , balancing and story telling.
You can even put hand drawn art into tokens.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Lhynn

Arcane
JarlFrank
1617124665558.png

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

:Flash:

Arcane
Haha, mistakes were made for sure
RPG Codex, do you wanna be the half-owner of Ceres Games????????

Our very own RPG studio! Are you all reeeeady to become Owners!?!?
Serious question. What's the buyout price for the whole studio?
Once it goes bankrupt you have to outbid Hobgoblin.
Seriously, that's their plan, wait till it goes bankrupt and be the only bidder on the insolvency mass.

Ninjerk

Arcane

Seriously, that's their plan, wait till it goes bankrupt and be the only bidder on the insolvency mass.
Where does such a thing get auctioned?

bandersnatch

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Yeah I've seen this "oh let us do it with our own crew!" pipe-dream thinking tossed around on so many forums before .... however the odds the anybody that spends their days on forums will ever have what it takes to actual make something with incredible effort and sacrifice like a game are less than 1%. So you can just park that shit right now. If people really wanted to make a game, they would already be doing so, regardless of their circumstances. Having a game engine won't help them. There are lots of free engines and resources out there.

Speaking of engine.... I'm glad RB still supposedly owns their engine, but is it true that they may no longer own the tools (worldbuilder, etc..) to build the game? That those are owned by the other guy now. How in the world does that happen? If that's the case, I don't know how they could possible proceed without the tools. How are you supposed to add anything to a game without the tools that go with the engine? They would basically need to start from scratch again.

:dead:

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah I've seen this "oh let us do it with our own crew!" pipe-dream thinking tossed around on so many forums before .... however the odds the anybody that spends their days on forums will ever have what it takes to actual make something with incredible effort and sacrifice like a game are less than 1%. So you can just park that shit right now. If people really wanted to make a game, they would already be doing so, regardless of their circumstances.

Vault Dweller

:Flash:

Arcane

Where does such a thing get auctioned?
I think that is at the discretion of the liquidator (or if it gets auctioned at all). There is e.g. https://www.versteigerungskalender.de, but that is mainly for real estate, cars, and other "stuff".

RPK

Scholar
On a side note, does anyone know what the hell happened to Realms Beyond?
It entered some sort of closed beta more than a year ago and then it's like it completely disappeared from the map.

it has its own thread here. it's a LONG story. it's in its very own, very unique vaporware, development hell.

Last edited:
it has it's own thread here. it's a LONG story. it's in it's very own, very unique vaporware, development hell.
Give me the short TL;DR.

I tried to read the official thread for several pages and I have no idea of what's going on, aside for the fact that it's a massive Autism Festival of people being angry at each other and pessimistic about the game for unstated reasons.

EDIT- Aaand message moved. Infinitron working his weird shit again, I guess.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom