Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Anime Phantasy Star Online 2

Why not?

• I'm not gay enough

• It's too popamole

• Anime is for pedos

• I secretly play it when the Codex isn't looking

• I prefer ESO (kc)

• I'm too retarded

Results are only viewable after voting.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Hey guise, whats your favourite boss fights??

Luther is best birdfalz, they even made him twice so you know he's a WINNER. It made a great first impression on me when everyone in my group died repeatedly and we ran out the timer. Who knew being haisha could be so much fun!!!

On the other hand Yamato fuckin sucks lmao. AIS moar liek ASS amirite

Emmanuel2

Savant
Hey guise, whats your favourite boss fights??

I love 5 bosses so far.

Omega Masquerade at depth 300+
=> Once you get past depth 111 you can't roflstomp him anymore since the rarity bonus is gone at this point. Fast and brutal fight with lots to learn in terms of optimizing uptime and really grants a spotlight on the class counters/iframes. The OST is great and it's just exhilarating to find a boss that doesn't involve "stunning" through weakpoints, he is just relentless. The PA resistance mechanic also helps you explore around your PA options rather than just rotating through the same 2 or 3 ones.​

Omega Luther
=> That soundtrack hypes me up and watching pubs hit the floor in various mechanics never fail to crack me up.​

Profound Darkness Solo on Ultra Hard.
=> I've beaten the quest in under 4:30 minutes with our current gearing stage, I love this fight so much that I did a no unit run using only +30 Novel weapons straight out of the RWB shop with an S rank. Highlights positioning and enemy awareness. He wants you to respect everything he's doing and he means it. Gemini is a fun "puzzle" before the actual boss too even if I can kill it in under 90 seconds, busywork that makes you juggle between movement and damage above all else.​

Golden Exegour Solo on Divide Quest step 20. You can meet him in 25 but you're equally likely to meet Varuna or Mitra.
=> Same with Omega Masquerade. Fast and brutal and will keep throwing attack upon attack towards you especially if you're trying to go for the speediest kills by forcing him to go switch to aggressive mode. Counter classes are really the star of the show at this fight. His telegraphs are shorter than most bosses and the big fuck you Ultimate move can really mess people up.​

Shiva.
=> Fast and brutal too but not as aggressive as the previous ones I've mentioned, I guess my preference tends towards these kinds of fights. Has an ace up her sleeve that counters people and one shots them. It's always a fun time to see random people just go hug the floor every time I go to Lament UQ.​

Last edited:

Emmanuel2

Savant
I liked that Fighter quip hahaha, but to be honest there's some genuine challenge in the solo quests.

I was about to give up trying to find any sort of challenge when I was new and levelling in mid-December; then I found out about UH PD solo triggers, ultimate masquerade... then Exegul, Divides (and their respective bosses) and finally XQ4 - Elite Training: Risk Realm. From there I saw fun in trying to cut times from my kills and soloing divides. You can probably grit through the bosses with Etoile, Hu Sub, or even Hu/Et but I dont really see any fun in beating a boss with a B rank or taking 10+ minutes chipping away at the enemy.

Though like a bunch of players have said, the content is there but there's not much reason to interact with them unless you're sweaty or have personal goals. Pubs are more than enough to just clear content and, since there's no expert matchmaking along with the abundance of Moons/Star atomizers, there's bound to be people that can carry.

Speaking of which, how did you guys find the new Urgent Quest boss: The Primordial Darkness?

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
I've played it before, and yet I still got an A rank (for AMAZING) because I was a retard who kept standing in the middle of the last phase. But I didn't die as much as that other person!! You know, the kind who dies to literally everything while spamming auto-chat symbol art.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Knewl grafix. The colours are off and everyone's faces are in shadow. They said they'd be making adjustments, so they had better keep that promise. Or else!!!!
As it turns out, they changed the old ‘camera lighting’ setting into character lighting. I had the former turned off, so everything ended up dark with the update. #notmyfault

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
I'm starting to hate multiplayer UQs. Shit, incomprehensible gameplay, random disconnection, and a bunch of absolute fucking retards who kill the boss instead of reviving people, give me a wonderful rank fucking C after 30 minutes of pissing around. I know that doesn't really matter, but fuck off. If I'm going to lose, I'd rather do it myself. And all these ultra-rare super-drops are useless unless I collect a bunch of other junk (what's the point?).

Solo boss fights are so much more fun it's not even funny. The only good multiplayer with randumbs is tower defense.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
I'm starting to hate multiplayer UQs. Shit, incomprehensible gameplay, random disconnection, and a bunch of absolute fucking retards who kill the boss instead of reviving people, give me a wonderful rank fucking C after 30 minutes of pissing around. I know that doesn't really matter, but fuck off. If I'm going to lose, I'd rather do it myself. And all these ultra-rare super-drops are useless unless I collect a bunch of other junk (what's the point?).

Solo boss fights are so much more fun it's not even funny. The only good multiplayer with randumbs is tower defense.
This is why you play in alliances lol.
Also I will agree that some of the bigger multi UQs hard to read. Often your first go/fifth go won't make much sense. But as far as I'm concerned, that's a lot of raid bosses in MMOs isn't it?

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Why the hell would I join an alliance? Social interaction and organized grouping is the absolute last thing I want in an MMO. And that doesn't really prevent boss fights from becoming brainless button-mashing with a million free revives (or not, apparently) in what is essentially a waiting room for junk items. I say that like I hate it, but it's more just that joining full games on maximum difficulty isn't really all that fun after the first few times because what I really want to do is play it solo on a more reasonable difficulty. but muh readoro omg i must geddit and then leave it taking up precious storage because idk wat do with it lmao

You know, I get the feeling this game's tricking me into wasting time doing stuff I don't actually like.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
People make a big deal out of OMG MAGS DONT MESS THEM UP and while it's true that you should have a properly leveled mag, is correcting it actually that much of a problem? Resets are a scam, you can just get a new mag for a dollar less, and why not just use ex-cubes? It's a lot but also what the hell else are you going to use them for? They're everywhere. I converted my level 200 technique mag to dexterity using nothing by ex-cubes, and I have no regrets.

Emmanuel2

Savant
People make a big deal out of OMG MAGS DONT MESS THEM UP and while it's true that you should have a properly leveled mag, is correcting it actually that much of a problem? Resets are a scam, you can just get a new mag for a dollar less, and why not just use ex-cubes? It's a lot but also what the hell else are you going to use them for? They're everywhere. I converted my level 200 technique mag to dexterity using nothing by ex-cubes, and I have no regrets.

It's probably a remnant advice from before where mag reduction isn't as accessible compared to now. But yeah, it's not a problem now except when you're trying to go for a mag for sweats (exclusive mag action stuff).

Ex-cubes are also for upslotting stuff if you're into that. I spent an upwards of 10k+ when I was affixing my two rivalates, and a bit more doing two 7s units and a 6s with budget affixes. The saying is you'll never have enough but if you dont affix there are: EXP minis, level 17 PA discs, RDRs, extreme passes, from the top of my head though you won't spend an obscene amount like when you're affixing top tier augments.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
It's probably a remnant advice from before where mag reduction isn't as accessible compared to now. But yeah, it's not a problem now except when you're trying to go for a mag for sweats (exclusive mag action stuff).

Ex-cubes are also for upslotting stuff if you're into that. I spent an upwards of 10k+ when I was affixing my two rivalates, and a bit more doing two 7s units and a 6s with budget affixes. The saying is you'll never have enough but if you dont affix there are: EXP minis, level 17 PA discs, RDRs, extreme passes, from the top of my head though you won't spend an obscene amount like when you're affixing top tier augments.
Yes, I was thinking that devices probably weren't so cheap in the past.

How much easier would you say the game becomes with those kinds of augments?

Emmanuel2

Savant

Yes, I was thinking that devices probably weren't so cheap in the past.

How much easier would you say the game becomes with those kinds of augments?

I'd say they make the game a bit easier since you survive more hits, you deal something like 30%-40% more damage over someone who doesnt bother with SSAs at the minimum, and you get to do more of your rotation due to more PP before doing normals.

With my 7-slot affixes on units, I have ~200 ATK, 17 PP, 90 HP, and 50+ all def on each unit. My 6s has a bit less affixed stats but nothing too far from the 7s ones. So if you don't affix at all (assuming just using welfare) you're probably missing 500+ ATK, 40+ PP. 200+ HP and 150+ defense and a whole bunch of SSAs like unique class' S6s, S7 and skydance S8.

My weapon is a Cras/Klauz 8s with the S1 to S5 slots are filled so around +18% damage flat with a unique S5 that enables my Fighter class to parry, Phrase weak for an additional 2% damage and Astral Soul + Graceful Might for 80 ATK and 10 PP.

Units are a nightmare to affix while Weapons, especially Cras/Klauz, are significantly easier to affix and upslot.

Emmanuel2

Savant
unknown.png

Step 1 of many, done. Gonna tackle the Guardian Soul fodders out first because the other 4 are really easy to do and way cheaper than this one.

It's gonna be a long 2 weeks.

Emmanuel2

Savant
Well from the pure meseta costs...

• 300m+ worth of recycle badges
  • 110m for three absolute glares
  • 60m for 6 Glare Catalysts
  • 40m for 2 Aether Factors
  • 12m for 6 Fodrus Glares
Everything else I stockpiled like the Mana Reveries, 100+ Veteran's Resolve and Crack, etc.

Morenatsu.

Liturgist
Well from the pure meseta costs...

• 300m+ worth of recycle badges
  • 110m for three absolute glares
  • 60m for 6 Glare Catalysts
  • 40m for 2 Aether Factors
  • 12m for 6 Fodrus Glares
Everything else I stockpiled like the Mana Reveries, 100+ Veteran's Resolve and Crack, etc.
dafuq that's more than the total amount of meseta I've collected on both servers combined (probably)

I completely ignore equipment in every game I've ever played. Will gladly accept NGS's popamole version of it.

also ep6 sucked more than ep5 lmao

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom