Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Disco Elysium - The Final Cut - a hardboiled cop show isometric RPG

Larianshill

Arbiter
Alright, I'm not sure what to think of what just happened.

tK5lDX2.jpg

SspzjAY.jpg

htaenCZ.jpeg

Since my Raphael is also a moralist, I'll reload the save and do a moralist quest to compare and contrast. But I'll do it tomorrow.

Ghulgothas

Arcane

tK5lDX2.jpg

SspzjAY.jpg

htaenCZ.jpeg

Since my Raphael is also a moralist, I'll reload the save and do a moralist quest to compare and contrast. But I'll do it tomorrow.

Damn, whose that charming fellow in the lower left of panel 3? Seems like all four of the vision quests give a new portrait. Currently goosing up for the Sorrysport Moralist in mine current game.

Ghulgothas

Arcane

tK5lDX2.jpg

SspzjAY.jpg

htaenCZ.jpeg

Are you sure about this? Also, have you seen any of the other three if that is indeed the case?
Absolutely not, but I mean to find out. Larianshill 's photoset is good evidence, can’t imagine they’d go to the effort of making a new background for only the fascist path and none of the others. I absolutely have to see what reward you get for overdosing on ultraliberalism.

Vatnik Wumao
I recall that they've advertised the vision quests in such a way that it's implied that the type of content each of them gets is different. Some a portrait, others a new zone and so on. Too tired to factcheck it atm though.

Archwizard Hank

Learned
I have good news and bad news. The good news is the skill portraits were not changed - the revised versions we saw on Displate were apparently just versions made exclusively for the merchandise and were not implemented into the game for some reason. The bad news is the skills all talk in that same garbage monotone with classic mode on, and it is indeed very garbage. That's not to say Classic Mode is "broken," though.

The skills don't talk universally in classic mode. They only talk when the game considers it to be "important," and what the game considers "important" is particularly scattershot, arcane and impossible to figure based on what little I exposed myself to. For example, the perception check for finding the keys isn't voiced, even though this is pretty damn important considering it's how you, y'know, exit the room. Endurance isn't voiced when you have a heart attack, nor is Pain Threshold when you turn on the fan light. Encyclopedia doesn't emit any sound when you fail the check to determine the origin of the expression, and the entire Visual Calculus bit with the window is unvoiced save for the line at the start. So this lines up roughly with how Hongweibing described ZA/UM's idea of Classic Mode a few months ago, but it's still royally ass.

I'm going to spend tonight giving myself a shotgun course in Unity modding, I'm flying by the seat of my pants with this one but I'm not settling for anything less than OG voiceover and damn if I'm not going to find a way to do it!

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Unbelievable. How is it possible to fuck this up so hard. Whatever you think of it as a game, Disco is certainly a piece of aesthetic art. The scenery, soundtrack, sparse VO work well together to achieve that. And Za/Um sure did alot of unexpected things.
So why not go for broke and create a true masterpeice by a) getting a good narrator instead of that too basso banal boring fuck b) getting at least 4 different voices for the skill categories and c) put some actual effort into reading the lines
I am at a loss for words. The narrator/skills VO clashes so hard with the rest of the game it's not even funny.
Disco-Elysium-art-degree-thought.jpg
I feel like 80% of codexer literally have this thought equipped at all times.

Vormulak

Learned
Edgy
I have good news and bad news. The good news is the skill portraits were not changed - the revised versions we saw on Displate were apparently just versions made exclusively for the merchandise and were not implemented into the game for some reason. The bad news is the skills all talk in that same garbage monotone with classic mode on, and it is indeed very garbage. That's not to say Classic Mode is "broken," though.

The skills don't talk universally in classic mode. They only talk when the game considers it to be "important," and what the game considers "important" is particularly scattershot, arcane and impossible to figure based on what little I exposed myself to. For example, the perception check for finding the keys isn't voiced, even though this is pretty damn important considering it's how you, y'know, exit the room. Endurance isn't voiced when you have a heart attack, nor is Pain Threshold when you turn on the fan light. Encyclopedia doesn't emit any sound when you fail the check to determine the origin of the expression, and the entire Visual Calculus bit with the window is unvoiced save for the line at the start. So this lines up roughly with how Hongweibing described ZA/UM's idea of Classic Mode a few months ago, but it's still royally ass.

I'm going to spend tonight giving myself a shotgun course in Unity modding, I'm flying by the seat of my pants with this one but I'm not settling for anything less than OG voiceover and damn if I'm not going to find a way to do it!
godspeed

Hellion

Arcane
Cuno's new voice is more fitting for a PC game with professional VO. I couldn't stand to hear him shout like a spastic in the original version, even though I guess that was kind of the point of his character.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Has there ever been a "Definitive version" where developers haven't smeared shit all over whatever was good and original in the base game. Tell me that Cuno will revert to the old VO if I switch to classic mode?

PEACH

Arbiter
they should've made a separate listing for the final cut in people's libraries like larian and inxile did instead of overwriting the pre-existing version.

Deleted member 7219

Cuno is a little cunt. I got a lot of satisfaction out of punching him to the ground now that I am playing a character with a good Physical Instrument skill.

I hate his old VA and I hate the new one too. I wish I could disable the VA completely.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Playing the Moralist quest now. Hardcore mode makes the checks unreasonably hard, and I swear I'm about to murder someone - especially since a long dialogue and long, unskippable cutscenes precede it. But other than that, it's pretty cool, I like it better than Fascist.

hmrmCoC.jpeg

Hj0DWnr.jpg

KtzMRP1.jpg

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm playing it for the first time. It wouldn't run on my integrated laptop before, but they've optimized the game it seems.

So it wasn't fully voiced before? Interesting. I like the VO. The lines are short and natural, waiting for the characters to finish talking isn't an issue ( as opposed to most other games). I'm playing it laying on a couch on a tv. It's nice.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom