Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Squeenix NieR Replicant ver. 1.22474487139 announced for PC/PS4/XBO

Jinn

Arcane
Only straight downgrade I've seen is the music, which is easily modable. Don't get what the big problem here is, but the easy solution is don't buy it and play the PS3 version again if it really bothers you.

I'm happy to finally have it coming to PC in any form, and the gameplay looks to have been smoothed out nicely from the original.

GrainWetski

Arcane
The big problem is that you'd have to be retarded to touch the music. It's the one thing people shouldn't need to worry about. And, yeah, I won't be buying it if you have to mod in the real, and so far better in every case I've heard, music. I'm not paying to do their jobs for them.

Terra

Cipher
WTF has happened to Kaine's face, looks like a totally different person to how I recall her from the PS3/360 versions. Bailey's voicework (in the original at least) suited a older-looking Kaine than what's shown here. Similarly, downgraded bulge is gonna knock this game off the radar of many Codexers and rightfully so. Papa Nier when, I don't want to be onii-chan ffs.

Leave it to Square to fuck it up.

Duraframe300

Arcane
WTF has happened to Kaine's face, looks like a totally different person to how I recall her from the PS3/360 versions. Bailey's voicework (in the original at least) suited a older-looking Kaine than what's shown here. Similarly, downgraded bulge is gonna knock this game off the radar of many Codexers and rightfully so. Papa Nier when, I don't want to be onii-chan ffs.

Leave it to Square to fuck it up.
Also, Kaines bulge is much smaller in the remake. Decline.

I mean I'm all in on complaining about the downgrades to music and some of the other negatives that were mentioned here.

But, the amount of concern you people are showing here and seemingly completely serious about the size difference of a tranny bulge leaves me with just one reaction.

bushes-7d6b.gif

What in the world is wrong with you people? When the fuck did the codex transform itself into Biowohre forums 2.0?
Next your going to analyze the sweat on Kaine's face.

:killitwithfire:

Degenerates. Degenerates everywhere.

Last edited:

Saark

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign
But, the amount of concern you people are showing here and seemingly completely serious about the size difference of a tranny bulge leaves me with just one reaction.
You're focusing way too much on the actual bulge, when that's not the concern. The concern is that Kaine's hermaphroditism is quite important to the characters backstory, her character profile and her aggressive and hostile behaviour. That part of the profile makes the character more interesting and intriguing, and as it's already only alluded to and never outright stated, my ultimate concern is that they're completely removing that part of her backstory in the remaster, by removing the bulge and potentially removing the few lines of dialogue that hint at her true upbringing.

Dodo1610

Arcane
New totally accurate trailer

In other news, lots of games sites got to play a preview build and common points were:
- combat is closer to Nier Automata with more fluidity and deeper combos?
- all dialogue was recorded again also no more unvoiced lines
- the level architecture was not touched
- running on the Nier Automata engine but running with 60FPS

common critiques were
- game still looks dated
- game feels slow compared to Automata
- Kainè's clothing :lol:

Last edited:

lightbane

Arcane
Too bad I already played the original long ago. Are there any news if the "Papa Nier" model is playable?

Dayyālu

Arcane
If they reveal Papa Nier on launch I'll eat my own words and buy it on day 1.

- Kainè's clothing :lol:

Did they complain about the lack of bulge?

Weirdos.

I was around when it released originally, I remember the reviewers (the few that got what Kainé was) complaining that they didn't get why what she was was even relevant or if it was done just for shock value.

Simpler times.

Jinn

Arcane
I love the father angle they went with in the western release and wish they would have left it intact, but I really don't see why people are so against playing it from a different perspective.

Dodo1610

Arcane

Trailer about the new skins and content.
- Extra dungeons '15 Nightmares'
- New costumes (Kabuki, Samurai)
- '4 YoRHa' costumes and weapons + music and VA from Automata
- Extra episode 'Mermaid'

So the Nier Automata skins also make change your chars voices that's cool

Last edited:

ADL

Prophet
I don't like any of these arrangements at all except Song of the Ancients which hardly sounds any different. Wish they had a in game toggle on a song-by-song basis.

The new track is good though.

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
"15 Nightmares" and the two skins iirc are not "new content" they were originally DLC.

So I guess the only thing new is the extra episode Mermaid and a flavor pack for secondaries...

lightbane

Arcane
Aka not worth getting for the new content. Will watch the new stuff in Youtube once the time comes.

ADL

Prophet
It really sucks that statistically speaking, this will likely end up in the hands of some Automata lorelet that hasn't even played the original yet

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom