Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Monster Hunter Rise

CyberModuled

Savant
https://www.monsterhunter.com/rise/us/

s0ykhh.png

Perkel

Arcane
Fucking 2022 full year after shitty console release. And knowing Crapcom it will be 1.0 instead of G-rank which will be released at the time when PC base will be releasing. They learned fucking nothing from MHW.

That being said. Ryujix emulator is running MH Rise demo pretty much perfect though it is performance hog (my Ryzen3600 runs it 30fps but can dip to 25-26fps) so fuck them and their PC release.

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Fucking 2022 full year after shitty console release. And knowing Crapcom it will be 1.0 instead of G-rank which will be released at the time when PC base will be releasing. They learned fucking nothing from MHW.

That being said. Ryujix emulator is running MH Rise demo pretty much perfect though it is performance hog (my Ryzen3600 runs it 30fps but can dip to 25-26fps) so fuck them and their PC release.

Is ryujix a better switch emulator than yuzu?

Perkel

Arcane

Is ryujix a better switch emulator than yuzu?

Yuzu is faster but Ryu is more compatibile. For an example MH Rise doesn't run in Yuzu where in Ryu it works without any graphical bug along with online

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Might as well wait till all content go out. Downside is multi-player traffic is down by that time, especially lower level monsters.

But with world i just couldn't bother to do all the extras monsters because by the time it come out something else already distracted me. I haven't even done savi jiiva. Whenever i try to come back, i feel like being rusty and too lazy to re-learn everything. I just come back recently becsuse i am just waiting for cold steel 4 and looking for tiem waster.

The only difference i am playing now is its harder to join quest especially investigations because traffic has gone down especially for non endgame monsters.

ADL

Prophet

My guess is that some sort of exclusivity deal was signed long before MHW released so they didn't know how much they were fucking themselves when signing the agreement. Anyways, likely to be one of the last Monster Hunter games to do this crap because 6 million bucks ain't worth potentially losing sales. Especially if MHW2 is due in 2023 as laid out in the Capcom leak which should be PC day one.

Perkel

Arcane
apparently full game is out. Some stores broke street date and sent out physical copies to customers. There are few french dudes who have it and play it.

Also apparently 40 monsters in Rise which is a bit more than world 30 on release.

Last edited:

Sentinel

Arcane
Hated the demos. I'll be skipping a MH game for the first time. I'll maybe check it out on the PC release, no way I'm paying 60€ for this.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
I'm really liking the Switch Axe improvements. Having some real interplay between Axe and Sword mode is cool and it flows well for me. After World I was afraid I was done with this game series but the demo is pulling me back in hard.

Perkel

Arcane
I'm really liking the Switch Axe improvements. Having some real interplay between Axe and Sword mode is cool and it flows well for me. After World I was afraid I was done with this game series but the demo is pulling me back in hard.

?? Axe and Sword always were connected with combos even when they added it back in Tri.

Hobo Elf

Arcane

?? Axe and Sword always were connected with combos even when they added it back in Tri.
You had some combos to switch into different modes but there was very little reason to leave Sword mode, maybe some rare edge cases if you really needed the X + A Axe move for reach. Most of the time you'd be in Axe mode only because Sword was on cooldown, which isn't all that often. In Rise they added an Axe combo that boosts the charge rate to enter Amped State faster and being in Amped State now also adds the boost to your Axe mode. Weaving between the two modes now has actual benefits for both opposite modes and it's just a nice little addition that makes using the Axe mode feel more useful.

Perkel

Arcane
MH Rise completely playable Day 1 via Ryujinx emulator.

It requires beffy CPU though. If you have Ryzen3600 like me in city you get 25-6 fps in quest 30ish. With something like 5600X framerate should be locked.

devs behind ryu also claim performance improvements are coming

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
MH Rise completely playable Day 1 via Ryujinx emulator.

It requires beffy CPU though. If you have Ryzen3600 like me in city you get 25-6 fps in quest 30ish. With something like 5600X framerate should be locked.

devs behind ryu also claim performance improvements are coming

Not releasing the game on PC along Switch is greatly increasing piracy. Ironic.

Sentinel

Arcane
Apparently Guard Up is now a 3 level skill, reducing damage from unblockable attacks by 30% at lv1 and 80% at lv3.

As if Lance needed any more nerfs, this makes it even harder to slot in attack boosting skills. Capcom literally can't stop killing this weapon.

Perkel

Arcane
Fuck no. Lance/Gunlance guard skill was completely broken in MHW and only DLC monsters could do anything.
So no, nerf to guard was much needed.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Apparently Guard Up is now a 3 level skill, reducing damage from unblockable attacks by 30% at lv1 and 80% at lv3.

As if Lance needed any more nerfs, this makes it even harder to slot in attack boosting skills. Capcom literally can't stop killing this weapon.
OTOH Lance and Gunlance now have silkbinds that absorb attacks and don't need any Guard skills if you're good at timing (the GL variant requires more precise timing).

Edit: Wow, Rampages are actually really hard
when you play online with clueless retards who didn't pay attention to the tutorial

Also the Chinese are the new French. Failed lots of online quests due to Jackie Chang triple carting. Think I'll just go solo all the way for now.

Last edited:

Hobo Elf

Arcane
How is Rise in comparison to World and Generations, Hobo Elf? Assuming you played both, of course.
I hate World. I've completed both MHX and MHGU. I think gameplay wise Rise is the current peak of the series, despite having less options than GU. GU still wins for content and probably always will.

sser

Arcane
Developer
Good entry point for someone who has never played such a game before?

mogwaimon

Magister
Rise is probably a great entry point because it feels like an old school MH game while having some of the more decent QoL features of World. I haven't gotten super far in yet to be fair, but so far it brings back some series staples like separate village/hub quests, a return to older and slightly less streamlined crafting recipes, maps separated by area, etc. Still, some stuff got even further casualized like potion drinking is even faster than World and they reportedly removed hot drinks/cool drinks so it's a bit of a trade off. Feels more like a proper Monster Hunter than World did for sure.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Also now is the time to be a Gunlancer if you've ever wondered about that weapon because holy shit is it fun. CB + SA got some love too with a new armor skill exclusive to them (increased morph speed and additional damage when you do the morph attack).

Zerth

Arbiter
Acclimatization drinks and meat didn't really contributed much to challenge or gameplay anyways. These elements could have been interesting if devs decided to expand the ideas they tried on MH4U expeditions. However, the current state of MH scope is to rush towards the mission monster rather than explore a map thoroughly.

Glad to see still the DB aerial vault is back through the switch skill demon flight.

ultimanecat

Arcane
So far I’m really digging this. I’m bandwagoning and learning Hunting Horn on top of my trusty hammer and it indeed is simplified and powerful. I’ve got friends interested in getting into MH though and while there has been tons of streamlining I’m still struggling to explain all the layers of systems going on here.

Zerth

Arbiter
Don't. Let them find out by their own first, only explain when they bring you questions over.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom