Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Legends of Ellaria Full Release

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: Larkon Studio; Legends of Ellaria

Legends of Ellaria is fully out on Steam. You can currently save 20% on the kingdom management and conquesty RPG through April 8th, 2021, bringing it down to $19.99. Here's some eye candy and a clip of features:

RULE AS A KING. FIGHT AS A HERO
In Legends of Ellaria, you can play however you want at any time. You can focus on governing your lands, constructing cities building by building, upgrading your armies and skills, researching for new technologies and managing your kingdom's economy. In battle, you can lead your troops in real-time strategy fights, or join them in the fray fighting at the front, fight beside your soldiers.

You can also join your heroes and companions in action-RPG adventures throughout the procedurally generated world of Ellaria – every region you explore and every dungeon you storm will feel unique and different from the rest. Don your best armor and wield your sword, control the powerful forces of Ellarian magic or create a jack-of-all-trades adventurer – you decide how to level your character up and what kind of king and hero you want to be.​

I kind of like there's more and more CRPGs with armies on the battlefield. The more this feature mainstreams, the happier I am.

Self-Ejected

Thac0

Time Mage
Patron
I'm very into cock and ball torture
Looks a lot less finished than Empire of Ember, despite than being Early Access and this release lol.
It interests me less, but it is striking how similar those two games look.
Still 70% positive reviews on Steam is impressive for how choppy the trailer runs, technical issues like that usually tank rating like nothing else.
So I will put it on the Wishlist for now.

Urthor

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
It's a game release announcement that isn't "xxx is entering early access."

What is this heresy.

Looks a lot less finished than Empire of Ember, despite than being Early Access and this release lol.

Ah, because it should be.

Covid really ruining the release pipeline right now.

Mortmal

Arcane
Just noticed it as well, its really odd nowadays, a real release...Seems its not a bug fest and trainwreck either, steam reviews are mostly positive.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Yeah I felt like deja vu. Better not just be steam only later on. That music made me think Stones from Ultima for a brief instant.

JDR13

Arcane
Why does it seem like every game has to feature some kind of settlement building aspect now? Just let me adventure. I don't want to build a town.

And procedurally generated world? I'll pass.

I respect this game's ambition. That's a great many systems to unify in to one coherent game. While it looks graphically decent, it has the appearance of an advanced tech demo. I'll be curious where this ends up.

rojay

Scholar
There was a brief moment in that trailer where I thought I saw some sort of mass combat mechanic that reminded me of a game called Myth that Bungie put out many years ago. But then it also looked like a first person-action thing.

I am conflicted.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy
Why does it seem like every game has to feature some kind of settlement building aspect now? Just let me adventure. I don't want to build a town.

Men are made to build things. Life is not only about adventures. Build something useful before you die, old fag.

JDR13

Arcane

Men are made to build things. Life is not only about adventures. Build something useful before you die, old fag.

I'm going to build an exhibit where people can watch you fuck your cats.

Darkozric

Arbiter
Edgy

I'm going to build an exhibit where people can watch you fuck your cats.

Why just watch? Don't you have boners grandpa? I suggest you to go and build a fag brothel together with the rest of the RPGwatch fags. A gangbang adventure will give you life again.

Kev Inkline

Arcane
Patron
A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
BjTgBoW.png

hopw roewur ne

Zeriel

Arcane
Why is the game running at 15FPS all the time?

Yepppp, doesn't matter what ideas they have or ambitions, if you can't even get the game to run smoothly in a trailer in areas with nothing going on, it's DOA.

copebot

Learned
The game runs at around 70-90+ FPS for me on a 2080 GPU and an overclocked 7700K CPU. The frames jump around a fair amount. In the RTS mode frames sit around 75. There is some hitching but not like in the trailers. I think the hitching / crap FPS in the trailers is a video capture issue since it does not reflect how the game actually performs.

Galdred

Studio Draconis
Patron
Developer
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

What are you planning to do with your spelunking money? Building a kingdom sounds better than opening another of these retired hero tavern.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Lol... I actually bought one of those build a tavern games... on the cheap.

Tavernking

Don't believe his lies
Developer
Surprised this even came out.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom