Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Pathfinder: Kingmaker - Enhanced Plus Edition - now with turn-based combat

cloudropis

Educated
what is it you imagine I need to cope with?
Your failure to understand basic sentence structure, for instance. Oh I've seen you edited your first post directed to me, you sly fox, so that makes TWO posts you were unable to grasp the meaning of. Not that I'd expect an individual so deranged to blow such a gasket over a single post to be able to read at primary school level

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
Is there a feat to get rid of the enemy's attack of opportunity while I'm using a ranged weapon in melee range? I vaguely recall something like that in the dreaded D&D, I can't seem to find it here.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Well, Fighter can get it at 5, Ranger/Slayer at 6 (with appropriate Combat Style). So that's hardly late game. Granted, there are probably more important priorities.

Yosharian

Arcane
PBM is nice to have but it is absolutely not a necessary feat, in fact it might hardly come into play at all depending on how well you play and/or your chosen difficulty level.

Syme

Arbiter
Kind of a waste of a feat in turn-based mode imo. Unless you have enemies coming from multiple sides, you should easily be able to 5-foot step away from the odd melee that gets in range. I'm about to enter Armag's tomb on my playthrough and I think the only times I've triggered AoO's with my ranged Jaethal were wolf pack random encounters and really big creatures (scythe tree and huge zombies in Vordakai's tomb) where I underestimated their reach. I can see it coming into play quite often in RTWP though, so it's probably a good investment there.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
It’s come into play a great deal for me lately but that is due to a Feat that isn’t in vanilla at all. It is in Wrath tho so get ready.

Use tactics rather than feats to keep fighters out of your face in the first place.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Our work is done here M. AQVILA.

DD 54 AC.jpg

Missing Good Hope.jpg

Pretty good for missing any Morale Bonuses altogether. Can't believe I forgot to cast Good Hope for these pics. Pretty good for lvl 14.
Scaled Fist Dragon Style Dragon Disciple is a very viable, fun, and resilient archetype whether you want to fight in Dragon Shape or with your Fists. Very few if any of the benefits are restricted to CotW. Thanks for asking me about it - it was something I should have tested long ago.

I recommend Scaled Fist 4/Sorc1/DD4/SF2/DD6/x but there are various ways to do it.

(1) Most difficult thing is managing your Feats since you get three Bonus Feats from both Monk and Prestige, but they come from a very restricted list.

- Important to save Improved Initiative and Power Attack for Bloodline Feats*

- Scaled Fist 1 and 2 get Bonus Feats Dragon Style, Dodge, Deflect Arrows, and Intimidating Prowess**. SF 6 adds Dazzling Display and Dragon Ferocity.

(2) With CHR to AC from Scaled Fist and the various passive Natural Armor bonuses along with casting Shield, Mage Armor, and Mirror Image yourself you have very little need for Defensive Feats or Fighting Defensively. Intuitive sense is that Blindsense cuts way down on being caught flatfooted.

* - for the third one you probably want Blind-Fight. Unclear how that goes with the Blindsense that comes with Dragon Disciple. They may well be complimentary. Could take Empower Metamagic to Empower and Maximize (Rod) your Mirror Images but if you want the Quicken you'll need more Sorc levels on the back end to get to Caster Level 5 - the Empower requires Full Round casting, the Quicken doesn't.

** - need a plan on the front end for how much you want to take advantage of being a STR-CHR class to Intimidate foes/exploit that Intimidation. One of the benefits of fighting in Dragon Shape is not needing to land iteratives, which makes Shatter Defenses less necessary, especially with your massive Strength. Dazzling Display likewise is poor action economy relative to the raw power of your attacks. And with how many different attacks you have Weapon Focus (prereq for Shatter) is also relatively poor value. Using the Monk Bonus Feats for Dragon Style Feats also means not needing the Mobility prereqs. If you're playing CotW you can also pick up Dodge as a Bonus Feat as a prereq for https://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/combat-feats/osyluth-guile-combat/

If you're not planning to fight in Dragon Shape that could change your analysis. There are all kinds of alternative uses for your Feats in CotW but in vanilla you could use them simply to improve the performance of your automatic Trips and to shore up your Saves.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
Final shots:

Retirement.jpg

We ended up restarting with 6 Stoneskin Belts worth 11K each, so that was nice.

Dispelling Strike still bugged.jpg

Dispelling Strike still bugged in CotW (modifier should be 14 for Ninja lvl). They announced this was fixed in EE, and pretty sure we confirmed it. Even when working properly often Dispels debuffs instead of buffs unless you're microing it, which sometimes would be worth it on bosses. As it is waste of a Talent.

DD first attack.jpg

Not much left to prove here. When you start forgetting to cast Good Hope and Delay Poison, Communal and it doesn't come close to mattering things have gotten too easy.

Nature Fang Druid good archery.jpg

Nature Fang Druid Archer? Very viable.

Nature fang druid big hits.jpg

Maybe a little more than viable. WIS to AB is good.

Servitor.jpg

Battle Host picks up another Implement at level 14. This is what Conjuration gives you. Steadily improving free Summon that you can use to set up Flanking along with your Spiritual Ally. Redirect Ally as Swift, Move yourself into position, Summon Servitor as Standard. All Flanking needs satisfied in one turn.

Perfect setup.jpg

Speaking of Flanking, Joan here is a Warpriest with Snap Shot and Point Blank Master on her Throwing Axe. Her job is to set up Coordinating Shot and Enfilading Fire for the other two ranged attackers. Notice the positioning around the Wisp. It's far easier to do this with a Hunter or Sacred Huntmaster and their pet but then you have to buff the pet all the time.

Creeping Doom.jpg

Nothing like a fully tricked out archer who can also summon four Swarms at a time to harass their foes. Druid sux.

Ninja on Wisp.jpg

Ninja comes with Dueling Sword proficiency so why not? Probably needs a little more support to get there on the Dirty Tricks. A lot depends on which foes you're facing.

Ninja Image.jpg

Big advantage of Ninja over conventional and popular Rogues like Knife Master is built-in Mirror Image.

Burst of Nettles OP.jpg
Leaving you with one more shot of the OP Lesser Dazing Rod Burst of Nettles combo. Don't go to Trobold without it.

Last edited:

Desiderius

Patron
DD has similar effect to Vivi splash except you get your extra STR and Armor without a drawback, you get Mirror Image and Mage Armor in addition to Shield, your Bite is Primary instead of Secondary, and Blindsense is quasi-Uncanny Dodge.

Last edited:

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
PBM is nice to have but it is absolutely not a necessary feat, in fact it might hardly come into play at all depending on how well you play and/or your chosen difficulty level.
I just found out, that 5ft-step does exactly what I need. As Desiderius said, I need to be on the lookout for things that I should learn first :)

Last edited:

Yosharian

Arcane
I just found out, that 5-step does exactly what I need. As Desiderius said, I need to be on the lookout for things that I should learn first :)
Yeah if you're playing turn-based then the 5ft-step is your friend for sure.

Nikanuur

Arbiter
Patron
I'm seven hours in game. You know, this game looks really wonderful. It's like larger and gameplay-wise expanded ToEE that actually passed all the creation checks for a change.

cloudropis

Educated
Could someone please tell the 2000 IQ Tolstoy reading genius who put me in ignore and keeps editing his messages 24 hours later after they have been relevant that I stressed the Faster Travel mod is an A N I M A T I O N speedup expressly so it wouldn't be mistaken for a infinite kiting/time management skip cheat? Maybe coupled with a layman definition of "animation" and a further reminder he doesn't know how to read? Much appreciated.

cloudropis

Educated
the Faster Travel mod is an A N I M A T I O N speedup
Where is it said in the mod description? Explicitly?
Well, it isn't, that's the point of me immediately clarifying that it's not some wack cheat mod used to bypass time management. Look at my original post. I think it's an unfortunate choice of name, something like "Faster Walk Speed" would be more appropriate.
The mod itself is just three sliders changing the animation speed timescale of ALL actors either in battle, outside of battle and on the world map. There's an additional set of cheat sliders that only impact player speed leaving enemies as they are, which would obviously lead to degenerate kiting tactics in RtwP, but they are clearly labeled in the mod menu as such (they literally say "cheat").
It takes into account buff timers too by scaling them to the same speed, so you can't use it to cheese buffs and make them last longer than they should either.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
If there is no clear description then the one who claims the fact should prove it by testing. This one is you. Go, install the mod, travel in different speeds and show that it takes the same time from the kingdom management perspective. Go, install the mod, travel around the local map and prove that the buffs are neither extended nor reduced.

Otherwise, your opinion does not matter.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom