Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Lilura's Blog: An Ongoing Codexian Obsession

How do you rate lilura1.blogspot.com's commentary?

• Total voters

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Lilura is downright deluded if they think the majority of traffic doesn't come from sites like the Codex.
Why is that?

There isn't a massive reader base for the content on the blog. A lot of it is extremely autistic (or niche to put it more kindly) even by dexer standards.

The blog has a fairly respectable search ranking on google if you use certain keywords, but generally speaking better known sites and communities still beat it on the search rankings.

My general suspicion is that Lilura "leaves forever" realises traffic to the blog is plummeting and comes back a few months later to beat the drum and increase the viewing figures. This has happened before and I'm sure it'll happen again.

At the end of the day though, who knows?

Gastrick

Cipher
People use her site around 50 times each and most of the time they just type up her name on google because they don't know how to use bookmarks. It means that the 1% becomes 50% of lilura's blog attention.
Also, the way google works(before rigging the results) is that it boosts articles based on how many times it is linked on different sites. The Codex and other sites are what makes her blog posts not show up on page 40.

Piotrovitz

Savant
What baffles me is that how deluded one has to be to consider her blog 'monocled'.

I went through some of the entries and the content there reminds me of a high schooler writing about his favorite game:

TOP TEN SWORDS IN BG/IWD
BEST SPELLS IN BG1
BEST STATS FOR FIGHTER/MAGE DUAL
BEST PARTY BUILD FOR IWD2
etc etc

That's fine, if you're doing this for yourself, as a kind of diary/self-therapy, but don't fucking call this a THOROUGH ANALYSIS or whatever wording she uses.

There are dozens of similar articles for newbs on gamefaq/steam forums/whatever, and beside, anyone with IQ>50 can figure out such stuff on his own.
She's not dissecting multiple builds in Underrail or AoD, but writing about 2ed DnD ffs, where your melee build comes down to rolling 18/18/18/x/x/x - how fucking monocled you have to be in order to come up with such great and sophisticated build advice?

TL;DR - the content is shit and the target of those writeups seems to be beamdog forum dwellers.

Last edited:

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
What baffles me is that how deluded one have to be to consider her blog 'monocled'.

I went through some of the entries and the content there reminds me of a high schooler writing about his favorite game:

TOP TEN SWORDS IN BG/IWD
BEST SPELLS IN BG1
etc etc

That's fine, if you're doing this for yourself, as a kind of diary/self-therapy, but don't fucking call this a THOROUGH ANALYSIS or whatever wording she uses.

There are dozens of similar articles for newbs on gamefaq/steam forums/whatever, and beside, anyone with IQ>50 can figure out such stuff on his own.
She's not dissecting multiple builds in Underrail or AoD, but writing about 2ed DnD ffs, where your melee build comes down to rolling 18/18/18/x/x/x - how fucking monocled you have to be in order to come up with such great and sophisticated build advice?

TL;DR - the content is shit and the target of those writeups seems to be beamdog forum dwellers.

Pretty much my point about the content being niche even by dexer standards. I'm sure all of that was covered with less autism by stuff on gamefaqs in the late 90s/early 2000s.

PrettyDeadman

What baffles me is that how deluded one have to be to consider her blog 'monocled'.

TOP TEN SWORDS IN BG/IWD
BEST SPELLS IN BG1
etc etc

Long form video game anylysis is what I would consider an extremely low IQ content. An adult who opens another 2+ hours of structurless and meaningless videogame "analysis" video to drool through is no different in terms of brain activity from a child who watches and endless stream of shitty indian youtube videos on a Ipad his parents gave to him so that they can avoid communicating with him. A concise article answering a concrete question like TOP TEN SWORD IN BG/IWD is what I would consider a content for an intellectual, i.e. a person who wants to find useful information, not a person who wants to fill his idle brain with 2 hours of white noise.

Last edited by a moderator:

Generic-Giant-Spider

TOP TEN SWORDS IN BG/IWD
BEST SPELLS IN BG1
etc etc

If there's an excuse to read anything D&D 2nd Edition related then you will shut up and read it like a good RPG Codexer.

Talk this shit again and I'm banishing you to Twitch.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Pretty much my point about the content being niche even by dexer standards. I'm sure all of that was covered with less autism by stuff on gamefaqs in the late 90s/early 2000s.
Sure, but was that stuff on gamefaqs written by a woman? :smug:

Even better, a woman e-celeb? :smug:

Even better better, a woman e-celeb that currently and single handedly runs the most authoritative blog on the Internet for the Renaissance Era of RPGs that generates millions of hits per year and dominates any and all competition in the field to the point that other and lesser content creators must concede and become storyfag analysts?

You don't get better than that, pal!

kuniqs

Novice
It's just that I don't want to bore actual readers with short posts that are mostly about farming keywords. If you browse the blog chonologically, you're going to find yourself swimming in a sea of shit.

I was going to detail my feedback about your blog but when you call it a "sea of shit" "farming keywords" yourself...

jackofshadows

Magister

TOP TEN SWORDS IN BG/IWD
BEST SPELLS IN BG1
etc etc

Simple pandering to search engines, basic stuff even. Not only titles of course but the content as well. And by claiming the blog 'monocled', 'thorough', 'king content' etc etc here it suppose to draw some people to it, well, from here. Zero mystery, if you ask me.

Tweed

Professional Kobold
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Long form video game anylysis is what I would consider an extremely low IQ content. An adult who opens another 2+ hours of structurless and meaningless videogame "analysis" video to drool through is no different in terms of brain activity from a child who watches and endless stream of shitty indian youtube videos on a Ipad his parents gave to him so that they can avoid communicating with him. A concise article answering a concrete question like TOP TEN SWORD IN BG/IWD is what I would consider a content for an intellectual, i.e. a person who wants to find useful information, not a person who wants to fill his idle brain with 2 hours of white noise.

Hey Ed123 c'mere!

A horse of course

Hey Ed123 c'mere!

None of my short retrospective reviews are longer than 1hr

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
woah, the jews dleeted my poast about reporting lilura to the jews....

Meh, more humorous to let her keep posting. I'm no Lilura fan (quite the opposite), but false reporting her blog is sorta dickish.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom