Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Grimoire gameplay and hints thread

Gunnar

Arbiter
I'm wondering where to put points for casters - since SPD doesn't affect initiative, then the best bet is DEV for more spell points I guess.

Yeah DEV is probably the best one. Cleve said somewhere that with enough SPD, spellcasters can be faster than melee characters, though I haven't seen that myself.

High SPD makes casters multi-cast some spells, provided you have enough mana.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Great info, thanks Gunnar.

I think I fucked up my casters builds a bit by not investing anything in Arcanum, but instead pumping the skill relevant to current class (e.g Alchemy when they were going through Thauma stage etc). Since they all ended as necros, all those points are wasted. They are lvl 5-6 now, so there is small room to fix this, but damn, should've think about it earlier :negative:

Bummer that casting-related skills are not growing with use like everything else - guess what was the reason behind that mechanic.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Think I asked this before - is there any way to dump already used quest items?

Bane of Hobknob, Mistral's bones, Prayer Shawl from Dirge puzzle, harness from Ukluk mines - I just cannot get rid of this damned shit, as they're all marked as critical.

Piotrovitz

Savant
I've just reached the open world part and feel like I've gained momentum and second wind :shittydog:

Just finished barrows and got the second tablet - I cranked the difficulty to master and must say that thankfully the game gets harder. Fights with packs of druid archmages/wicker cultists/dark faeries lasted longer than anything before, but then again, I don't bother to use enchanted blade or magic screen yet.

On the other hand, the Wicker Man didn't survive even two rounds. That's what pisses me off the most, that bosses aren't immune to lethal blows.

One interesting thing - I mentioned that I fucked up by not raising Arcanum. It appears that while casting Read Magic, and trying to scribe the Hermetic Gag (dropped by every druid archmage), the Arcanum skill (not Scribe) goes up, even if I fail. That way I raised all of my casters skill to 40-50, until they could successfully scribe the gag spell. What is weird is that it didn't work for my wolfin templar - failed attempts to scribe did not raised his Arcanum skill, even though he already had invested ~30 points there.

Piotrovitz

Savant
QQ - will there be any place where you can spend your gold on something worthwhile?

I just made a trip back to Crowl to sell some junk I've accumulated, and right now I have something around 500k.
Is there any good and expensive stuff to be bought somewhere, or all the best weapons/armors are to be found as loot?

If it's the latter, I'll just stop hoarding every spellbook/scroll/ring/etc and just keep only the necessary stuff with me.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
I just made a trip back to Crowl to sell some junk I've accumulated, and right now I have something around 500k.
Is there any good and expensive stuff to be bought somewhere, or all the best weapons/armors are to be found as loot?

There is some stuff you can buy in the big town, some of it expensive too.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Just found Destroyer Vortex spellbook - holy fuck, it looks powerful on paper, let's see how it will do in practice.

I kinda abused the skill learning mechanic, where after unsuccessful scribe attempt, Arcanum goes up (does it work the same for other spell schools? Is this implemented intentional?)

Now my two main casters and bard have >90 in Arcanum. Makes me feel bad, but since I messed up and unnecessarily maxed out transition classes spell skills, I wouldn't have enough skill points at this stage to use eldritch spells, which seem to be the most interesting ones, as you can learn them only from books and can be treated as a loot.

Piotrovitz

Savant
There is some stuff you can buy in the big town, some of it expensive too.
Are you talking about Kublai Axis here?

So far I haven't found any stores there - only empty rooms with and Vanguard facilities. Which is a bummer, since my inventory is full again and I want to dump it somewhere, and backtracking to Crowl is not an option.

Is general consensus that alchemy and mixing potions is not worth it and can be totally skipped?

I pickpocketed shitload of ingredients from the werewolf guy (didn't want to kill him and hoped that I'll get the ring (or whatever the proof was)), but it seemed he only had unlimited supplies of plants and other alchemy stuff. Reading wiki article on crafting I see there's nothing spectacular there, so I guess I can just dump all those weeds and not bother with them anymore.

Holy shit, the open world is huge - I think I have to draw some kind of a map to keep a track of which locations are accessible from where etc.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
So far I haven't found any stores there - only empty rooms with and Vanguard facilities. Which is a bummer, since my inventory is full again and I want to dump it somewhere, and backtracking to Crowl is not an option.

You can buy armor from the Vanguard captain after fulfilling some tasks. There are also a couple of stores in the market area and a couple more hidden places in Kublai Axis where money might come in handy.

I pickpocketed shitload of ingredients from the werewolf guy (didn't want to kill him and hoped that I'll get the ring (or whatever the proof was)), but it seemed he only had unlimited supplies of plants and other alchemy stuff. Reading wiki article on crafting I see there's nothing spectacular there, so I guess I can just dump all those weeds and not bother with them anymore.

I'm not sure if anyone figured out all the stuff you can do with alchemy. The wiki only lists some of the beginner level stuff.

Holy shit, the open world is huge - I think I have to draw some kind of a map to keep a track of which locations are accessible from where etc.

Yeah. There is a map on the wiki of how the locations connect, though I wouldn't use it yet due to spoilers.

Piotrovitz

Savant
I'm just wandering from one location to another and getting more and more lost - definitely need to draw a map and keep notes on puzzles that will need backtracking (deep well in some wilderness. bell tower, lots of locked doors etc).

I stumbled upon Ahriman demanding the first tablet and he seems to be hard as fuck - is it even possible to defeat him at this stage?

Another thing that pisses me off is that my bard's music skill goes up VERY slowly through usage, even though she has high INT/WIS.
Weapon skills OTOH, even on some low INT mongoloids, seem to be increasing almost after every single fight.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Does anyone remember how to get behind closed skull doors in Acme Vending Company, the ones just near the entrance?
I've combed the whole map and there's no key/switch.

btw. goddamn, this game is awesome.

Piotrovitz

Savant
Dunno how I missed this, thanks!

Also, I gave Moongate Crystal to Shrike - as far as I've gathered it is used to teleport between monoliths, so pretty neat stuff.

Tried to steal is back from him, but the only things I get are the ones he has for sale (weapons/armors). Is there any other way to get it back?

Piotrovitz

Savant
Does killing him leads to any long term repercussions?
I've tried to pickpocket him for half an hour and all I got was only the stuff he's selling, like I've said. Maybe just bad luck

As for Acme Company - I gave the stone face the password and cleaned out the whole area, but couldn't find any lever anywhere.
Went there here again to comb the entire area and still no lever. Hopefully it's not early onset of my dementia.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
The lever is supposed to be at #15:

37F97C1BF16CABEB2C981F4CCAF2EEF0E66456A4

Killing NPC's can make other NPC's dislike you or attack you. Though I killed him as well and just dealt with it.

Piotrovitz

Savant
The lever at #15 is behind the doors I'm trying to open (the ones near the main ladder from Kublai, to the right).

Looking at this map and the two ladders to the right, it seems that there are multiple ways to enter the Acme Company - maybe I'll snoop around Kublai and find some alternative way in.

Snafaru

Educated
If you want, that spreadsheet also includes a sheet with a few more crafting recipes and requirements, you could use that to update the wiki.

Snafaru

Sascha66

Barely Literate
Hello Community!

I just enjoyed finnishing Grimoire V3. Now i know those three endings:
- Spaceship travel ending
- The Moon crate ending
- The Spring of Life crate ending

Can somebody please tell me how to find "Periwinkle mountain"?
How can i find Lord Ahriman for his special Ending?
Is it possible i already killed the two teams of bounty hunters?

Sascha

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Leave Kublai Axis by the northwest exit. You can find Lord Ahriman and Periwinkle Mountain there.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom